Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Avalanche's Aquapod Reef

avalanche1201

Hmmm idk how him and a lobster would get along, my emerald crab is missing a claw and I suspect the pistol is to blame... It would likely end up a death match between the two.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
avalanche1201
Hmmm idk how him and a lobster would get along, my emerald crab is missing a claw and I suspect the pistol is to blame... It would likely end up a death match between the two.

a guy at the LFS had a purple lobster for 8 yrs and said it never bothered anything, now he has a new one for like a yr and says it still hasnt bothered anything...so I hope all goes well..

no pics of the pistol or red hi fin b/c they are hiding, but i have some pics coming tonight

avalanche1201

there has been a death (murder) in the tank! omgomgomg the red high fin goby has been killed so that means I most likely wont see the pistol shrimp until I get another shrimp goby

On a good note, I got a BTA today, its just about done floating and I will be placing in the back of the tank on a shelf. I hope it enjoys the spot because its almost dead center in back...Its pretty good sized

pics of the BTA and of the RHG being eaten coming later tonight (batteries are charging)

avalanche1201

Fish being eating:

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

Green BTA:

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

Other pics:

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

FTS:

IMG_0290.jpg

edit: enjoy the pics mitch (sometimes i think were the only ones who look at this thread)

edit: enjoy the pics mitch (sometimes i think were the only ones who look at this thread)

ROFL, Looking good hope the GBTA does good for you. I have read a bunch about them just let it go where it wants it should find a location its happy with. Don't try and feed it for a couple of days, this seems to stress them more when acclimating to a new system (and when you do feed them the pieces of food should be no larger than the mouth). He should be sticky and his mouth should be tight not gaping.

Keep the thread updated on how he's doing, I am really considering getting a RBTA... But my system is a bit packed for one, though I do have a 20L I am thinking about plumbing into my tank (building a sump very soon).

avalanche1201

sounds sweet...Ill wait a few days to spot feed him then. I did some pics and looked at him and he seemed to be eating b/c he was closed up...maybe he ate a pep shrimp that was ####ing him off....fine by me if it happened

I hope my clowns find him soon, and start to chill in there, at least one...they have shown no signs of pairing except sleeping near each other at night...no fighting no nothing, im kinda ####ed about it

I hope he stays where I placed him, he was on a rock when I got him and i like the location, out in the open, nothing really around to sting...nice and centered..I can get more flow to him if it could help him stay...but I guess we'll see in the near future

sounds sweet...Ill wait a few days to spot feed him then. I did some pics and looked at him and he seemed to be eating b/c he was closed up...maybe he ate a pep shrimp that was ####ing him off....fine by me if it happened

I hope my clowns find him soon, and start to chill in there, at least one...they have shown no signs of pairing except sleeping near each other at night...no fighting no nothing, im kinda ####ed about it

I hope he stays where I placed him, he was on a rock when I got him and i like the location, out in the open, nothing really around to sting...nice and centered..I can get more flow to him if it could help him stay...but I guess we'll see in the near future

Yeah, from everything I have read they are a very mobile species and will definitely move if they are not happy.

As for the clowns if they are sleeping together at night that seems to be a good sign, no fighting is kind of a good thing... The larger of the clowns should definitely show dominance though.

I hope my new pair do Ok they are very similar in size but do not attack each other, one of them has been showing some dominance and the other doing the 'clown seizure' submission. I am crossing my fingers since they were together in the LFS.

avalanche1201

yea, mine were together at the LFS and they are of similiar size as well...Neither shows dominance though and I haven't seen the clown seizure yet either

avalanche1201

roommate took the plate coral back...opens up a lot of room on the sand...just need something to put there, maybe a smaller plate coral later on, maybe ill leave it open, not sure yet

Fish being eating:

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

Green BTA:

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

Other pics:

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

FTS:

IMG_0290.jpg

looking good ;):lol:

avalanche1201

thanks kombucha :)

I got rid of the plate last night, but got two more frags of zoos...they are chillen on the frag rack right now, ill get some pictures later tonight

o yea, the GBTA hasn't moved yet, so hopefully it will stay

avalanche1201

I present to you, FTS' of my tank, from nothing to where it is now (except no plate coral)

IMG_1057.jpg

Picture009.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

fts.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

Nice progression pics

Why did you get rid of the plate?

Those orange zoas are super sweet!!!

His roommate took it back, I think he was holding it or something for him.

Tank looks good, you should get a nice colony of sun polyps to replace the space the plate took up... Granted you have to spot feed them, they are beautiful!

avalanche1201
Nice progression pics

thanks :) I really love the organ zoas. My roommate took it back, it was getting to big for his tank so I housed it until he set up his new 24g AP

His roommate took it back, I think he was holding it or something for him.

Tank looks good, you should get a nice colony of sun polyps to replace the space the plate took up... Granted you have to spot feed them, they are beautiful!

sun polyps eh? Good idea..They are really sweet and would look great down there...im just broke so I can't do anything with the tank for now :( it sucks

I can only try to frag stuff from my 3gal tank and move em on in...I want to turn that tank into a mantis tank

Nice progression pics

yes i am that roommate that took them back, sorry to disappoint everyone

avalanche1201

yea...think I will get a nice thing of sun corals when I get the money

So I wake up this morning after a nice beat down of the rockies and the clowns are in the GBTA! HELL YEA!

Took some pics but I have 8am class...dont even know why im going

avalanche1201

so they aren't in there now...but they were at night so high hopes are building...sorry for the grainy pictures, as i said earlier i just got up for 8am class

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

so they aren't in there now...but they were at night so high hopes are building...sorry for the grainy pictures, as i said earlier i just got up for 8am class

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

nice pal congrats, my bta i would like to call the cave bta now

I forgot to add, keep an eye on your BTA if the clowns are being rough on it so soon after adding to the tank it may stress it. A. Ocellaris are not usually rough on their 'nems but you never know.

Archived