Innovative Marine Aquariums

Avalanche's Aquapod Reef

avalanche1201

avalanche1201

they are just going in and out now...Im starting to see the "sexing" dance where the guy will flop sideways to show he gives up..i've seen it a few times today, think my g/f got lucky with the names...rhett is the dark one and scarlett is the light one (she loves gone w/ the wind) and I think they will each take the proper sex so they arnt like tranny clowns or anything, lol

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
avalanche1201

So good news....Over at BRS (Boston Reefers Society) I made a post asking if I could do a swap for a 70w MH for a 150w MH...Someone came through and is talking to me about not a 150, but a 175 pendent w/ electronic ballast! It would be really sweet if this goes through, just need a way to mount it above the tank, the bulb is about 4-5 months old...here are some pics of it

DSC02397.jpg

DSC02396.jpg

avalanche1201

GREAT NEWS! THE BRAIN IS DOING AWESOME!

First got it:

IMG_0083.jpg

Last update:

IMG_0215.jpg

now:

IMG_0304.jpg

enjoy it mitch.....and anyone else if anyone else looks

fts:

IMG_0307.jpg

GREAT NEWS! THE BRAIN IS DOING AWESOME!

First got it:

IMG_0083.jpg

Last update:

IMG_0215.jpg

now:

IMG_0304.jpg

enjoy it mitch.....and anyone else if anyone else looks

fts:

IMG_0307.jpg

Looking good, great recovery progress on the brain! The BTA looks like its doing good in your FTS

avalanche1201
Looking good, great recovery progress on the brain! The BTA looks like its doing good in your FTS

thanks, It seems like it stretching towards the light a lot...im 99% sure the light trade is going to go through

Nice looking tank!

Sweet upgrade with the MH too!

thanks a lot. Yea Im pretty excited on the light upgrade, It will create a lot of opportunities for me w/ future corals and clams etc...plus I can get the open tank look w/o the light on top of there

avalanche1201

***UPDATE***

so I moved most of the coral from my 3gal tank into the 24g b/c I just got a mantis...O yea, and I also moved a piece of rock. Pics of the mantis to come later if anyone is interested

and Ill get some new pics once I have the new frags all laid out, should be nice :)

avalanche1201

visual confirmation on the tiger pistol....he's looking awesome. I made a new mix of food tonight...some mysis, brine, clam, cycopleeze. He came right out of his home, hes never done that before for just the mysis.

Fed my green BTA a nice silverside piece as well as the brain, so all is happy

the tank went crazy when I added the new food

also most of the corals are opening so pics tonight

avalanche1201

FTS (need to get better at these)

IMG_0308.jpg

BTA:

IMG_0309.jpg

Shroom from 3gal:

IMG_0310.jpg

corals from 3gal:

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Ric from 3gal:

IMG_0314.jpg

zoa kind of garden:

IMG_0316.jpg

Brain (getting better everyday, ate a nice silver side chunk today):

IMG_0319.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
avalanche1201

Got a new firefish today as well as an Acro from my roommate. No pics of the acro or a new FTS but here are some shots of the firefish with the clowns in a few of em...I know the pics suck...need to get some risers for my tripod so I can get better, stiller shots...and I need to work the colors out, but here they are *end rambling*

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

avalanche1201
nice firefish, cant wait to add some fishies to my tank.

thanks, he was out and about the first day, next day he was hiding in back of the tank. I fed and he came out of his spot looking for some drifting food, there seems to be a good amount of pods and stuff in the tank, so I hope he can make it through this thanksgiving weekend...hell I hope both my tanks make it through, my roommate should top of friday for me when he checks in on them, so hope all goes well

Damn hope he makes it though, they are sweet little fish

avalanche1201

So everything survived the thanksgiving weekend. However, I have not seen my fire fish for two days...I hope he is alright, such an awesome fish I would hate for him to be dead.

Some other tank news...I have made some updates, however, the tank is looking very ghetto-reffic. A bunch of tubes and plastic are visible above the tank as well behind the tank b/c I have set up an ATO from aquahub.com I have also moved the cheato from the display to the rear chambers and have removed filter floss for the time being. I am planning on creating a "box" for my MJ 1200's so I can have cheato on one side and LR Rubble on the other. The box will be made of egg crate to help protect the MJ 1200 from the cheato, although they both have screens on them...I guess enough rambling and here are some pics...

ATO Tube coming up the back of the tank (w/ and w/o flash)

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

ATO input

IMG_0445.jpg

Horrible Float switch picture (i really need to figure out the color balance on this thing)

IMG_0443.jpg

Fuge mod (forgot to take pic of it w/o the light on back w/o and w/ flash)

IMG_0457.jpg (barely gives off light so its awesome for sleeping since its right behind my head

IMG_0456.jpg

Night FTS (like these going to try to get more of them)

IMG_0460.jpg

and what are these things? I have them in both my 24 (display and rear) and in my AC50 in my 3gal

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

Those are Synchoid sponges...also called Q-Tip sponges....I don't kbnow much about them, except that they can take over....I have a few in my 2 gallon Zoa Garden.....

If you can find out anything about them, please post it here, or PM me....I would search, but have NO TIME in my life right now....

BTW....OUTSTANDING looking work...

Mitch

avalanche1201

Thanks Mitch. I can't seem to find a lot about them except that they are harmless.

So I moved the cheato ball that was in the tank and bam! that's were I guess the main entrance for my pistol shrimp is b/c I have seen him poking out every now and then, the most I have ever seen him.

The Fire fish also hides back in that corner, he was out a minute ago..so all is well

avalanche1201

huge updates! Got a new fish for my Pistol shrimp...a Yellow watchman goby, I hope they meet up and pair up. Got a black sun coral frag..and my roommate gave me a monti cap w/ blue polyps...just need to find a place to hold it before I can mount it for good

O! also i FINALLY got some piping to set up a stand for a pendant light..so I will be upgrading to a 175w MH pendant in a few days! YES! a clam is the neat future!

edit: pics later tonight

avalanche1201

Picture of the new light holder...it will be painted black and drilled for the future light once I am home...for now its ghetto-riffic:

IMG_0475.jpg

new yellow watchman acclimating:

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

in tank:

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

pistol shrimp...this was taken one handed w/o looking through the screen b/c there is another tank right next to this one..i think its pretty good

IMG_0464.jpg

Archived