Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anemone Propagation!

adinsxq

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly would not try it. Just buy another one (and sell yours if its too big)

Not worth killing a creature that lives almost infinite :/

Hijack alert--MDeth, do you know of any interesting longevity records?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been keeping my eye on this hitcher for awhile. Though it was microscopic, I could see a hint of red at the mouth. It's 10x its original size now and I believe it to be S. tapetum! Because of its size, I'm hoping it's the product of spawning (new morph).

I'm considering changing the topic of this thread to "ANEMONES." What do you think?

6b3h91w.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

Hey man nice work, I was wondering if this could be done to a condylactis Anemone and if it would be smart to do so. And if someone could hepl me with info on loading my pics where I comment that would be sweet.

LOL why not "aquaculture" Aiptasia while you're at it? I realize that some people like Condylactis, but....ewww. They have no place in probably 99% of reef tanks.

lol. I think its just to see if it possible and how well you can prop. and so on.

Hey everyone check out my anemone prop. tank!!

I realize that some people like Condylactis, but....ewww. They have no place in probably 99% of reef tanks.

True. But, a species tank with symbiotic crustacean could be sexy. I happen to like condys.

Ok I'll take some pics the next time I slice. Which will most likely be tomorrow. :D lol. Its addicting. Too bad I have so many that I can slice. :P

Adin-I had some questions for you in my prop. thread. They are on page 2 if you have a chance.

Condylactis are horrible, horrible creatures. LOL! I like when they eat people's clownfish.

Condylactis are horrible, horrible creatures. LOL! I like when they eat people's clownfish.

:lol: That is a risk with our unnatural pairings. Condys are the bomb :)

gulfsurfer101

I have three marine tanks with different things in them and 1 FW and A 1gal for mini puffers. Just about one for every room of the house and bathrooms. My condy and clarkii have been kickin it since the third day I placed the clown in the 10G. I just wanted to know if it could be done without killing the little #$@%er. He was originaly going in my 50G but my stars&stripes puffer was looking at him funny. I had to set up his own little tank and that's what got me started on this whole nano reef hobby.

• 4 weeks later...

So I was getting ready to slice the 2'' mini carpet yesterday - had brand spankin' new, shiney razor blades and everything. Went to ice down the nem's foot, and notice that the big one is gone and two smaller ones are in its place, and slightly odd shaped. :huh:

So apparently, it was tired of waiting for me to slice 'n dice, and did its own thing. :) Kinda sad...new razor blade, and now no 'nems to cut up :(

Here they are!

From this guy:

HPIM2692.JPG

To these two:

no flash:

split1.jpg

flash:

split2.jpg

And the lineup:

4amigos.jpg

The left one has rotated a bit since splitting, so the splitting line for it is on the lower left.

Archived