Coral Vue Hydros

Anemone Propagation!

adinsxq

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Managed to snap a pic of one of my new minis, it is actually much brighter yellow than it looks. It is very small about the size of a dime:

nem.jpg

These mini and ric do look alike ...

awesome thread guys =)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok first off these things are amazing I love em. Secondly what kind of lighting and care do they require, I saw earlier in the thread that they would be ok in a 2 gallon pico under 18 watts of CF lighting. Im just curious because my tank is new and I know nems need good water quality, but I do have 132 watts of CF over a 24gal NC, would that be enough, and this type of inhabitant wouldnt be added for a while im just asking is all.

Sorry for the hijack

Casey

Ok first off these things are amazing I love em. Secondly what kind of lighting and care do they require, I saw earlier in the thread that they would be ok in a 2 gallon pico under 18 watts of CF lighting. Im just curious because my tank is new and I know nems need good water quality, but I do have 132 watts of CF over a 24gal NC, would that be enough, and this type of inhabitant wouldnt be added for a while im just asking is all.

Sorry for the hijack

Casey

for mini carpets...

lighting doesnt matter

care doesnt matter...just give them food

water quality doesn't really matter

for mini carpets...

lighting doesnt matter

care doesnt matter...just give them food

water quality doesn't really matter

You feed yours? :P

Thank you for the quick reply I can honestly say I am a NOOB but I believe in researching anything before taking the responsibility of caring for it, hence the 4 year research period before setting up my nano. I have to say I will be trying to find some of these for my tank but its gonna be tough cause the choices aer slim here.

Thanks,

Casey

:tears:

B)

Thank you for the quick reply I can honestly say I am a NOOB but I believe in researching anything before taking the responsibility of caring for it, hence the 4 year research period before setting up my nano. I have to say I will be trying to find some of these for my tank but its gonna be tough cause the choices aer slim here.

Thanks,

Casey

luckily, mini carpets are essentially indestructible. I've pulled them out of the skimmer collection cup many times, and they seemed upset to leave.

YGPM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :rant:

:P

Can this same process be done with a purple LTA?

My anemone is starting to ourgrow my tank.

it has been done, but it's not nearly as failsafe as mini carpets or BTAs. I wouldn't recommend trying without having success on easier nems first.

I was just on a site and they have a red mini carpet anem for like 120 dollars. to me that just seems way high. what do you guys think, would it be a good investment. plus it looks really nice but I would be really stressed out cutting it.

Casey

Archived