Cultivated Reef

My 5.5 pico w/150w MH + 27w Pc Atinic

dla

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to see the tank taken down, it was awesome!

I do have a quick question on your lighting. Did the fixture come with that little piece in the front to keep light from spilling out? I want to do something similar but on my desk. I'm worried about having light spill right into my eyes!

Also, how high off the tank was the lighting?

Granted it will only be a 70w MH.....for now. I would do a 150w like yourself but I'll keep it mildly wild for a bit. :lol: XTREME might be next year!

Thanks!

Sorry to see the tank taken down, it was awesome!

I do have a quick question on your lighting. Did the fixture come with that little piece in the front to keep light from spilling out? I want to do something similar but on my desk. I'm worried about having light spill right into my eyes!

Also, how high off the tank was the lighting?

Granted it will only be a 70w MH.....for now. I would do a 150w like yourself but I'll keep it mildly wild for a bit. :lol: XTREME might be next year!

Thanks!

Thanks, I really enjoy the tank.

Yes, the fixture is made with that little piece in front. It was a regent flood light fixture that you can get at wal-mart. I don't remember the price, but not much.

As long as the fixture is below eye level, you shouldn't have to worry about the light in your eyes.

I had the light 8" over the tank.

Awesome! Thanks.

I've never actually had a chance to see what Wal-Mart has. Most of the fixtures I've seen don't have that "lip". Hopefully I can find that one, it looks really nice.

Archived