inTank Media Baskets

My 5.5 pico w/150w MH + 27w Pc Atinic

dla

you have more 'stuff' attached to your tank than i thought possible. clam looks better than it did in the first pics of it, there it was too big looking, now its hott.

Thanks. I think when the sps grows it would look great. I have a 14k MH, but plan on getting a 10k MH to get the sps to grow a little faster.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yankeereefer

Is that the standard iceprobe or that "microchiller"?

Do you use the thermostat or just let it run - I would bet the latter given your MH lighting.

I have a line on an iceprobe for $10 but does not include the thermostat - It'll likely end up on my mantis tank - I probably won't need the thermostat either

Is that the standard iceprobe or that "microchiller"?

Do you use the thermostat or just let it run - I would bet the latter given your MH lighting.

I have a line on an iceprobe for $10 but does not include the thermostat - It'll likely end up on my mantis tank - I probably won't need the thermostat either

I have a thermostat on it, but it never turns off. When I got the Iceprob, it came with the thermostat.

The Iceprob and the Microchiller are the same thing, it's just that the micro chiller come housed on a AC20.

you are a freak...and i love it :)...Good luck with the tank hahah

Some of the famous people in the world are and were called freaks. Thanks :D

• 4 weeks later...
coral_addict

Still pretty PIMPING. Looks like the CLAM is out growing the tank though. When are you planning on upgrading and go all out with SPS! If you can do that well in a Pico, you can probably kick butt with a Nano.

Still pretty PIMPING. Looks like the CLAM is out growing the tank though. When are you planning on upgrading and go all out with SPS! If you can do that well in a Pico, you can probably kick butt with a Nano.

Went ahead and sold the clam

alexmurovec
Went ahead and sold the clam

i love your signature, is that just using a video camera on interval record?

i love your signature, is that just using a video camera on interval record?

I got it from TinyPic

Here is a updated pic of my tank.

65zq8sx.jpg

I am working on getting 4 more sps frags and thinking on getting a 5.5 or 10 gallon tank.

You ever thought about putting a 20K bulb over it? It would pop out the colors of your corals more. Or added an actinic 03 pc bulb over it. I'm sure you could do it.

You have done everything else to that redneck setup. Looks good!

You ever thought about putting a 20K bulb over it? It would pop out the colors of your corals more. Or added an actinic 03 pc bulb over it. I'm sure you could do it.

I want the sps to grow fast. I'm thinking about changing to 10k when it is time to change my bulb. I all ready tryed to get a actinic bulb over it. :D

alexmurovec
I want the sps to grow fast. I'm thinking about changing to 10k when it is time to change my bulb. I allready tryed to gwt a actinic bulb over it. :D

your gnarly man

your gnarly man

:D

Well, I guess I'll end this right here. I got my 5.5 tank setup and the 2.5 down.

I have 4 sps frags coming friday.

I miss the clam :(

I didn't relize how big the 5.5 tank are and that my wife love the clam too.

I went to the pet store where I sold the clam back too yesterday and they still had the clam, so today I'll be going back to see if they still have it and buy it back. fingerscrossed

Well, now I'm building a semi hood to somewhat hold a 32w SmartPaq Retrofit over my 5.5 with a 10000°K/460nm Actinic bulb (50/50 bulb).

Here's a few pic of the semi hood for my 5.5

Front

66xbzn6.jpg

Inside

63154lx.jpg

I plan on painting the outside black and the inside white then spraying it down with a clear coat.

I have that Iceprob chiller.

How do you like the Iceprobe? I am thinking about getting one for my 3g pico. No AC in the office on the weekends and the summer heat are not going to be friendly to my pico.

Archived