Coral Vue Hydros

My 5.5 pico w/150w MH + 27w Pc Atinic

dla

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got two new frags today. A green w/purple ridge plate and a violet acro.

2a6m87m.jpg

I'm trying to make this tank look natural, what do yaw think?

I don't plane on getting any more sps corals. I plan on letting the ones I got grow out, but I do want to find something to fill out that empty space on the right hand side of the tank. Any ideas?

I think there is something wrong with the pictures- they don't enlarge when I click on them- otherwise I would give you some feedback :)

edit- I am referring to the pics in post 28, the ones previously posted were fine

I think there is something wrong with the pictures- they don't enlarge when I click on them- otherwise I would give you some feedback :)

edit- I am referring to the pics in post 28, the ones previously posted were fine

I just need to get a better camera.

Thanks,

Something called a reptile light fixture stand or something like that. It is used to hold the lamp over a reptile tank.

4idyfmb.jpg

Very cool. Found what you were referring to on Drs.Foster&Smith site.

That monti cap is looking very nice.

looking good man- just wondering how your temps doin with that 150 mh? some nice corals in there. did you see that thread where a guy put a 250 mh over a pico tank? some people :happy:

The temp. in the tank is fine. The only time it really get hot is when my wife turn up the heat in the apartment :rant: . I plan on putting a fan blowing onto the tank.

Nice Set Up!!!

Do you plan on doing a clam(s)??? B)

Will not have room, I don't think.

Hey, but I do have the light :D

Well, just rearrange my tank for a clam. :naughtydance:

Well, here is my new stand

2ewmcl2.jpg

It is a Eclipes System 12 Stand.

I know I need to clean up the wiring, but don't know how to go about it right now, any suggestion and would the tank be ok by that air vent?

Nice tank! Did you get the wires lookin good? Keep the wife happy & the tank happy! :lol: Can't wait for mine to cycle so I can fill 'er up. Thanks for the help.

Nice tank! Did you get the wires lookin good? Keep the wife happy & the tank happy! :lol: Can't wait for mine to cycle so I can fill 'er up. Thanks for the help.

Not yet, the wires still look the same, but she was very happy :naughtydance: to get the tank off the table. :D

well one cheap way you can hide the wires- go to the fabric department at walmart and get a few yards of some dark material and drape it around the front and sides. I did that once with a fish stand I had that was open front and it really helped make it look better. You can use velcro or something to hold it in place- just an idea

well one cheap way you can hide the wires- go to the fabric department at walmart and get a few yards of some dark material and drape it around the front and sides. I did that once with a fish stand I had that was open front and it really helped make it look better. You can use velcro or something to hold it in place- just an idea

That should work or you could get a curtain and a pressure curtain rod and put it under the shelf. That way you wouldn't hide the stand. :rolleyes:

Well, my clam die today :tears: , don't really know why. I feel really bad right now.

Well, just decided to try another clam, but going to try to make the tank more stable.

This is what I need to work on:

Temp. = Not high, but would like to keep it more stable

dkh = Want to keep it more stable

ph = drops to 7.8 at night from 8.4 during the day

I was thinking about setting up a sump with another 2.5 tank.

i feel sorry about your loss...chances are that the clam came in sick...or got sick becuase of a roguh shipping....i keep two croceas in a 12g aquapod and they are doing great under 70w metal halides (14k)...one is 5 inches and the second one is 3 inches...i add a few drops of phytoplankton once a week and try to mantain my calcium between 390-420...good luck and don't give up...once they get use to there new home they could thrive forever...remember to place them on top of a rock...or if you place them on the sand make sure there's a rock behind them...they grow a "foot" to attach themselves

what were you feeding it?

how did it look as it was deteriorating?

any weird readings or bothersome tankmates?

sorry about the loss. btw how big was it? it looked like it was an inch or so.

Archived