Coral Vue Hydros

My 5.5 pico w/150w MH + 27w Pc Atinic

dla

what were you feeding it?

how did it look as it was deteriorating?

any weird readings or bothersome tankmates?

sorry about the loss. btw how big was it? it looked like it was an inch or so.

I was feeding it Kent Marine phytoplex.

The shell was wide open and the mantle was shrunk all the way in the middle.

Everything in the tank is doing great.

It was 2.5"

i feel sorry about your loss...chances are that the clam came in sick...or got sick becuase of a roguh shipping....i keep two croceas in a 12g aquapod and they are doing great under 70w metal halides (14k)...one is 5 inches and the second one is 3 inches...i add a few drops of phytoplankton once a week and try to mantain my calcium between 390-420...good luck and don't give up...once they get use to there new home they could thrive forever...remember to place them on top of a rock...or if you place them on the sand make sure there's a rock behind them...they grow a "foot" to attach themselves

I had it on the sand, didn't have any rock by it. I'm thinking that's why it die.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

check out travis thread on his new croceas, alot of people who put croceas on the sand have had their clams die, they should be placed on rock

check out travis thread on his new croceas, alot of people who put croceas on the sand have had their clams die, they should be placed on rock

Thanks, I read that tread. I got some more live rock yesterday and plan on putting my next croceas clam on it.

Here is a update pic of the tank right now.I plan on putting the clam right in the middle. What do you think? I put a lot of rubble (live rock) in the middle.

2di3960.jpg

Old pic of tank.

2u62xkj.jpg

Well, got a new clam fingerscrossed today at my lps $30.00 :blink: . This one is a lot bigger than the other one. I had to relandscape my tank so he can be place in it. I'll post pics of the tank this weekend.

150w over a 2.5 gallon...YOU CRAZY BASTAGE!!! You could easily do a 20H with that light.

No, for real. lol

I have something to prove. Anyway I have sps and a clam now, so what light do you think I should use?

Here are pics of my tank.

30m31gk.jpg

4htl43l.jpg

Side view of the tank.

2gsjqky.jpg

and I finally cleaned up the wires.

2yy5qoh.jpg

I think this tank is done or is it? :D

When I saw the pic with the new clam, I seriously should have been drinking something, so that I could spit it everywhere! For the love of all that's reasonable, get a bigger clam! He takes up like half the tank! Tell, you what, pull him out, and get a 9"-12" Tridacna gigas instead, He'll use the space much more effectively.

Seriously, the big clam kinda ruins it for me though, the rest of the tank looks awesome though. And people called me crazy with a 70w halide when I tried it!

• 2 weeks later...

Been doing some rescaping to the tank to ensure that the clam have room to grow and a have a sps forest in the middle of the tank

47d3bie.jpg

Here’s a few pics of my set-up:

The front: As you can see, the filters have a tight fit

448ljyu.jpg

The left side: A Iceprob chiller housed in a AC 20 HOB filter

3zio3tw.jpg

The right side: A Sanders Piccolo Skimmer housed in a AC 50 HOB filter. This thing works great.

30bcyvq.jpg

As you can see, I have a lot of circulation in this tank.

Top side view of the set-up: Here's a pic of the light, filter, chiller and skimmer together.

4hj1gjn.jpg

New fan ready for the summer: The Iceprob chiller keeps the water temp. down pretty well, the fan helps keep the temp. more stable.

2rykrrq.jpg

How's that piccolo do on microbubbles? Nice, I't's relatively clean looking. You ever consider painting that glass to hide the filtration?

How's that piccolo do on microbubbles? Nice, I't's relatively clean looking. You ever consider painting that glass to hide the filtration?

I don't really have any problems with microbubbles from the piccolo.

No, I don't plan on painting the glass at the moment :D .

Your Tank Looks amazing. I love it! So the Piccolo is doing great, I'm interested in one now. How much did you pay for it?

Your Tank Looks amazing. I love it! So the Piccolo is doing great, I'm interested in one now. How much did you pay for it?

ONLY $30 ship. Skimmer, AC150, air pump and 4 extra stones. I got it from someone on RC.

Well, I did it again. No the clam is still alive but I rescape my tank :rolleyes: . I plan on adding another Acropora to it. I know :slap:

Good pic of the clam :D

2qnsgef.jpg

Pic of my rescape tank

2ik6sky.jpg

how much ya spend on the 2.5

I really don't know, but a pretty good penny. Some of the things I have on this 2.5 I already had when I had a 10 gallon tank and most of it was used that I got from people on here and RC.

you have more 'stuff' attached to your tank than i thought possible. clam looks better than it did in the first pics of it, there it was too big looking, now its hott.

Archived