Pod Your Reef

NRF's NC 12DX

Needreefunds

So here are two new critters that I picked up from Rehype. I was really bummed to hear he had to take down his prized Zeroedge . Eugene, I Thank you for all the cool critters you let go at such a wonderful price. Not to mention the HUGE freebee ...but thats in my other thread. :lol: . I hope you are back in the hobby soon buddy and I wish you all the best.

acclimating ... ( lousy pic, but cool how you can see through the container to the tank below lol )

001-39.jpg

002-40.jpg

Wish I could add better shots, but these are all I have and I have not seen either of these guys since! :lol:

( quick update here.....after noticing a rather large dust cloud forming I noticed the randalls working on his new home, lucky for me ( and you LOL ) it is front and center. Later I also saw the Yasha peek out! YAY!!

late afternoon sun hitting the tank today ( hey Tiny, check it out ! LOL )

I thought the new Blue Cespitularia ( Xenia ) color was really bangin' see it on top there??

013-36.jpg

017-33.jpg

019-32.jpg

B)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the sunshine shots!

And Mr C's bedside manner is sometimes a little lacking ;) I still go there when I am in the area. His LPS are very nice.

And Mr C's bedside manner is sometimes a little lacking ;) I still go there when I am in the area. His LPS are very nice.

Yes, that's what I understand as other members have said the same. I think he has gotten a bit too big too fast and his customer service has paid the price. Folks also say they have had a good experience at the store. I actually tried to make a purchase and after being asked (basically) the same question three times... I gave up. Almost got the feeling I had been "talking" to two or three different people ( emails, PMs ) Oh well........

Like the sunshine shots huh? Good, more from today!! :lol:

001-41.jpg

004-39.jpg

005-40.jpg

006-40.jpg

007-40.jpg

011-38.jpg

Dont you love the way the sunlight really showes off the aiptasia?? :rolleyes:

The blue xenia sparkles like a frosted Christmas ornament when the sunlight hits it...Its simply beautiful and I wish I had the camera skills to show you all just how pretty it is. I will keep trying.... :(

Yes, that's what I understand as other members have said the same. I think he has gotten a bit too big too fast and his customer service has paid the price. Folks also say they have had a good experience at the store. I actually tried to make a purchase and after being asked (basically) the same question three times... I gave up. Almost got the feeling I had been "talking" to two or three different people ( emails, PMs ) Oh well........

Like the sunshine shots huh? Good, more from today!! :lol:

001-41.jpg

004-39.jpg

005-40.jpg

006-40.jpg

007-40.jpg

011-38.jpg

Dont you love the way the sunlight really showes off the aiptasia?? :rolleyes:

The blue xenia sparkles like a frosted Christmas ornament when the sunlight hits it...Its simply beautiful and I wish I had the camera skills to show you all just how pretty it is. I will keep trying.... :(

YCG is looking a lil skinny.

Is he doing ok?

:mellow: Still searching for the magic food for this fella......very picky eater and what he eats today l he will test and spit out tomorrow.... :(

There is relative harmony in this tank, everyone keeps to themselves and there is no food stealing going on.

He actually looks better than a couple weeks ago...... -_-

Did I say there was harmony in this tank?

Buddy shots.......

010-40.jpg

018-35.jpg

021-34.jpg

022-30.jpg

These two have constructed a subway system in here. I see six openings so far :o

002-44.jpg

003-42.jpg

Amazing how the YCG and Tailspot just hang out most of the time, they will sit on the same rock for several minutes it seems, take a swim and return. Kinda cute really.

Poor goby still looks skinny...... :(

He has been eating, but I really wish I could fatten him up some. Tried crushed table shrimp......no good.... <_<

I had trouble with my YCG as well... unfortunately mine didnt pull through...

Sorry to hear that jewbilee :(

this one is still hangin o. Seems to be eating better if I keep up with a variety of foods. I'll try this as long as he keeps eating.

Tank update while I am here.

I had NO idea the shrimp / goby combo would destroy this tank! :angry:

Well, OK, not destroy.They have changed the neighborhood that's for sure!

So after rescuing some frags, I re-scaped a bit. This was needed as all the digging had caused some rocks to shift. Hopefully things will settle eventually, but I have a funny feeling this battle will continue for some time. No problem really, they are cool to observe. I just didn't realize how strong they were. They have moved entire frags, plug and all.

I'll take some new picks after the dust settles. :happy:

That looks like a cool pair - subway system and all! I bet they are fascinating.

I helped my son move a 110G tank into his high school - a local WAMAS member is retiring and donated the whole system. He had the same fish/shrimp pair in it and I think the HS biology class now spends the whole class watching them ;)

Tank looks great NRF. SO do the buddy pics!! Nice job!

• 1 month later...
That looks like a cool pair - subway system and all! I bet they are fascinating.

I helped my son move a 110G tank into his high school - a local WAMAS member is retiring and donated the whole system. He had the same fish/shrimp pair in it and I think the HS biology class now spends the whole class watching them ;)

Tank looks great NRF. SO do the buddy pics!! Nice job!

Thanks Brett. Sorry about the long delay ......still spotty topic emails....oh well

Well, unfortunately YCG disappeared. Really sux too, he was finally starting to eat good and rounded out nicely.

Then one day, gone. Looked all over, took apart rear chambers, nothing, no signs at all.

I do miss the cute little fella.

Some pics while I'm here...

009-50.jpg

011-49.jpg

017-42.jpg

021-40.jpg

022-35.jpg

032-18.jpg

033-16.jpg

006-52.jpg

Added two more emeralds and two peppermint shrimps. Aiptasia disappeared over night- yes-all of them.

I can only hope the new emeralds take care of the bubbles..... -_-

Dassall for now.

:)

I don't know what it is about YCG's... I've tried 2 to that date, both of which didn't last for long at all... they're so cute though... and so cool to look at.

Glad you finally took the 'newb' out of the title. ;)

Sorry to hear about the YCG...

But everything else is looking great!

:lol: yeah, I thought its about time to pass it along to someone else. :happy:

And thanks, I think so too. Looks so good I can't even get myself to put my hands in there to clean the glass! :P

I don't know what it is about YCG's... I've tried 2 to that date, both of which didn't last for long at all... they're so cute though... and so cool to look at.

I dunno either, I had no idea they were so finicky. Beautiful little guys though. Not very active, but they just kinda hang out and look cool. I may try again, or maybe a Citron, not sure.

Thanks for stopping by Jewbilee!

Sorry about the YCG :( I have had 50/50 luck with these guys

Tank looks great! love the yasha and skrimp..they do love to rescape don't they lol

Thanks Maria, and yes they do!

They have little tunnels all over :happy:

I never know where they will pop out next. :D

Everything's looking great NRF!! Sorry I haven't been around much...life happens. Also sorry to hear about the YCG. On a brighter note, I just got 3 new Trimma gobies and I think I'm gonna order 4 more. I had my LFS order 4 that were listed as Trimma sp. and they sent 4 different species. One died in transit, but it'll be interesting to see how many different ones they have. I'll post some pics in my 10g reef thread soon hopefully.

Everything's looking great NRF!! Sorry I haven't been around much...life happens. Also sorry to hear about the YCG. On a brighter note, I just got 3 new Trimma gobies and I think I'm gonna order 4 more. I had my LFS order 4 that were listed as Trimma sp. and they sent 4 different species. One died in transit, but it'll be interesting to see how many different ones they have. I'll post some pics in my 10g reef thread soon hopefully.

nUgZ!!!!! Nice to hear from you buddy!

Gobies sound cool, looking forward to those pics. Thanks for checking in. :)

Cannot stop playing with the new camera...

030-21.jpg

032-19.jpg

034-20.jpg

041-12.jpg

022-36.jpg

:huh: Likey?

Having fun with that cam, huh Richie? :D

Looks great! Did you turn the pumps off for those top-downs?

Oh, and don't forget, for clearer shots keep the camera straight one with the glass. ;)

Having fun with that cam, huh Richie? :D

Looks great! Did you turn the pumps off for those top-downs?

Oh, and don't forget, for clearer shots keep the camera straight one with the glass. ;)

UGH!

Sowwy Lanlan......no email replies agin....

Having a blast, yes! :lol:

Yuppers, pumps were off for those top downs ( we love top downs, don't we?? :P )

I member, straight on...but.....but...I wanted to get a certain head in view.... :o

meh...working on it. Hopefully the pics will get better in time. Till then y'all will have ta suffer wit dem! ;)

( Dear Santa, pweeze bring me a Canon macro lens and some skilz, Kthanxbye )

Keep any eye on the hairy mushroom before it takes over the world :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I love that thing tho B!!

BTW, there are TWO now in my 46 bow.... :oB)

Sort of a lime green in the 46 under the MH....

Thanks again for those Brett.

while I'm here...

Happy Holidays everyone!

:)

Have a good Christmas, Richie. :)

Thanks and the same to you and yours Kim!

( Thot U wud no what da hugs and flowers wuz fer! :lol: )

Have a great one budds!

Enjoy. :)

Archived