Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NRF's NC 12DX

Needreefunds

SOOOOO glad to see this tank continues to live... Have the same tank now (just got it up) and got a ton of great ideas. I do think that I will keep almost everything stock (except the Moonlight upgrade.) Did you order the kit for that or pick the stuff up at a local store?

Can't wait to see updates. :)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds
SOOOOO glad to see this tank continues to live... Have the same tank now (just got it up) and got a ton of great ideas. I do think that I will keep almost everything stock (except the Moonlight upgrade.) Did you order the kit for that or pick the stuff up at a local store?

Can't wait to see updates. :)

Thanks!

Other than pumps etc, all of the "upgrades" came from Nanotuners. Awesome folks to deal with.

I have seen and read about some very sweet tanks left basically stock. I would suggest swapping out the stock pump though. Most folks go with the MJ900. The stock pump has been known to cause temperature issues.

I will try to get some new pics up soon. Tank is still a bit "hairy" but corals are happy. Need to beef up my CUC in here. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

ummmm... So the stock pump runs at 166 - will the increase to 230 lower the temparature? Fighting that right now with the heat wave in Cali.

Fighting the GHA as well - stop at the LFS tomorrow to get some new clean up memebers. What did you end up going with and is it helping?

Can't wait for more pics...

Have you ever noticed how stuff runs in cycles no matter where you live? Someone posts about red slime algae, bunch of us have it as well, then comes the GHA. BOOM Same sad story told my many. Red hairy cyano stuff. Again, multiple complaints. What gives? Is this a government conspiracy to ruin the SW tanks of America? Huh? Huh? B):ninja:B)

Needreefunds
ummmm... So the stock pump runs at 166 - will the increase to 230 lower the temparature? Fighting that right now with the heat wave in Cali.

Fighting the GHA as well - stop at the LFS tomorrow to get some new clean up memebers. What did you end up going with and is it helping?

Can't wait for more pics...

If I recall correctly, the stock pump just isn't efficient and runs warmer than the MJ pump. So with the upgrade we get more flow and less heat transferred to the tank- both good things IMO. :)

I added a few small turbo snails, a red legged hermit and replaced my emerald crab. They are gaining on it. As a mini experiment I wanted to see how they would do on their own, without any manual removal and I am rather surprised. They seem to be clearing even rather tall areas.

I know I need to take some pics, I have been slacking. I pine for a new macro lens and without it my zest for picture taking has gone south :P

Have you ever noticed how stuff runs in cycles no matter where you live? Someone posts about red slime algae, bunch of us have it as well, then comes the GHA. BOOM Same sad story told my many. Red hairy cyano stuff. Again, multiple complaints. What gives? Is this a government conspiracy to ruin the SW tanks of America? Huh? Huh? B):ninja:B)

It is funny how that seems to work huh?

Hmmmm...... :huh:

:lol:

Needreefunds

OK, been about two weeks since the last Yasha sighting.... :(

GHA fest '09! :lol:

023-7.jpg

025-5.jpg

026-4.jpg

027-4.jpg

029-3.jpg

032-2.jpg

034-3.jpg

Yes, there is some nasty here. But look how happy the corals are. I have added new CUC members and they are performing nicely. They have cleared large areas as you can see. I will again do some manual removal this weekend. I am also thinking of a new friend for my shrimp.....looks lonely. Tank looks to be fishless once again. Sux.

But I am pleased for the most part with coral health.

Also, temps have been steady since the fan upgrade.

Dassit for now.

Needreefunds
Send me ONE Yuma preaze for tha new tank... KTHXBY! -_-

Mebe can haz one from the Max tank......

Trades me for you sps fragzz

Kthanksbackattcha. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Needreefunds

Little update here. CUC has done well against the GHA. I have also cleaned out all chambers and pumps.

A new frag of blue Xenia from Weetie resides here now, but I am having a bit of a problem finding a happy spot for it so far.

This tank is once again fish-less. I want to add two fish here, one goby for the poor lonely shrimp to buddy up with. And probably another tail spot blenny.

Some GHA here and there, but as you can see getting MUCH better.

015-12.jpg

A baby from Lisa Thanks buddy ;)

016-12.jpg

019-10.jpg

:happy:

Needreefunds
I have a tiny baby yuma, just like yours. :happy:

I want a tiny pink yuma just like yours! :wub:

what cuc did you add for your gha?

Added a few small astrea snails, an emerald crab and a red legged hermit.

These are members I usually had in here, but over time had died off, or been killed by hermits.

:)

Needreefunds

Weetie..... See?

0161.jpg

Doing ok but.......if you look hard you will see what has suddenly become the latest plague in this cube. <_<

As this tank is once again fish-less it just may influence my next addition. Not that I am a huge fan of adding things just to predate pests....but there are a few options that I would enjoy having in this tank. Some research is required naturally.

I also would like to add a buddy for my Randalls shrimp as the Yasha Haze is no more....

Suggestions welcome. ;)

Needreefunds

OK, so-thanks for all those suggestions...... :huh:

:P

A six line has been added and has begun to lower the flat worm population already.

And it took all of a few minutes for these two to pair up.

0361.jpg

Nice to see a six line cruising around in here once again as well, sorry but he's too fast for pics today :P

Needreefunds
Haha, looks like you know what you're doing. :P

YES!

I have fooled another one!

Cute pair!

Thanks for noticing. ;)

:lol:

Surprised me how fast they found each other. Shrimp is always out now doing its thing. Have not seen that since the Yasha disappeared. so, cool beans B)

A six line has been added and has begun to lower the flat worm population already.

And it took all of a few minutes for these two to pair up.

0361.jpg

I like this pic. it's great. And always nice to look at a 6 line. My favorite fish by far! All your worms will be gone soon... My tank became a desolate place devoid of any micro life ;)

Needreefunds
I like this pic. it's great. And always nice to look at a 6 line. My favorite fish by far! All your worms will be gone soon... My tank became a desolate place devoid of any micro life ;)

Boris! :o

Thank you. Very true, Sixlines are purty, but they do tend to clean house as they say.

Nice to hear from you!

Nice pix! the YWG's always look like someone did pee pee in their fruit loops

is dat a red yuma I sees in the background :ninja:

dam u peeps and your purdy yumas

Needreefunds
Nice pix! the YWG's always look like someone did pee pee in their fruit loops

is dat a red yuma I sees in the background :ninja:

dam u peeps and your purdy yumas

EXACTLY Maria! They do look like that! :lol:

no, no.....juss a plain ol' red mushie. WISH i had a red yuma :(

How is ....ummm......it coming along? :huh:

:P

First I was like :wacko: then I was :scarry: then doing the transfer :slap::owned: then I sat back and drank a beer :mellow: and today :happydance:

tommorow when I transfer the 75g it starts all over lol

I swear that looks like a red yuma..trix I tell ya :wizard:

Needreefunds
First I was like :wacko: then I was :scarry: then doing the transfer :slap::owned: then I sat back and drank a beer :mellow: and today :happydance:

tommorow when I transfer the 75g it starts all over lol

So, tomorrow - Start with the beer. ;)

I iz here ta to help. :happy:

I swear that looks like a red yuma..trix I tell ya :wizard:

gigglesmile.gif

Archived