inTank Media Baskets

NRF's NC 12DX

Needreefunds

Elite Twit
Nice to see an update! When we told you to start a thread on your big tank*, we didn't mean "neglect this one."

* This originally read, "on your big one," but on preview I thought, "NO! I can't give Richie an opening like that!" :D

I forgot to pester you for updates but I'm back. Great update pics every things looking good.

Also I had to make sure anyone who might have missed Diane's * ,they got a second look at it, cause that was too good.

LPS kick, ME?? :huh: Why would you say that?

....."big one..." :haha: ------yup, cutting that out was a good move! ;):lol:

Thanks for checking up any me guys!

Those stardust micros are almost covering the entire bottom piece of the rock, I'll see when i can frag them if you want a few polyps. Should be another week or two. Or possibly I'll wait till the get together on the 8th if you want some. Give them plenty of time to grow out.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds
I forgot to pester you for updates but I'm back. Great update pics every things looking good.
Thanks Bud.
Also I had to make sure anyone who might have missed Diane's * ,they got a second look at it, cause that was too good.

Ah yes, Diane knows me too well!

If she had let that post fly.......oh, the possibilities........ :lol:

Those stardust micros are almost covering the entire bottom piece of the rock, I'll see when i can frag them if you want a few polyps. Should be another week or two. Or possibly I'll wait till the get together on the 8th if you want some. Give them plenty of time to grow out.

Get together?? NJRC? ( refresh my memory if you already told me about this. Sorry, gettin old, brain is fried! )

Hey I did frag the Indy micro, not sure I'll ever try to frag that few again tho. I think I killed three trying to "save" two! :angry:

:P

The little frag is hanging in there though, so we shall see.

:)

Starting to feel the need to start a prop tank thread.

Second thought....nah . Who cares anyway. No one wants to see that stuff, right?

Cool corals, just sitting on eggcrate.....growing......swaying in the flow....fully extended....

kind of boring I suppose. NVMD. -_-

Not if you have a Prop Tank Thread like mine!!!

Three cheers for "Richie's Lounge!!!"

And there better be chair for me in it too.

Can I pick the color??? :P

Elite Twit

Reeferscafe.com get together at Pnoy's house I pmed you about. June 8th.

http://www.reeferscafe.com/june-8th-meetin...gether-day.html

If the stardusts can come back from how they looked when i get them I'm sure your frag will keep on keeping on.

I've been wanting to start a frag tank but I'll wait till the Biocube is exactly where I want it. Still deciding on how to upgrade the lights.

Needreefunds
Not if you have a Prop Tank Thread like mine!!!

Three cheers for "Richie's Lounge!!!"

And there better be chair for me in it too.

Can I pick the color??? :P

:lol: True, very true.

" Richie's Lounge" ...... Gotta nice ring to it.

Chair, AND color of your choice, certainly. ;)

Beer, pizza, and cookies anyone??? :unsure:

Yes, yes, coffee too!

Reeferscafe.com get together at Pnoy's house I pmed you about. June 8th.

http://www.reeferscafe.com/june-8th-meetin...gether-day.html

If the stardusts can come back from how they looked when i get them I'm sure your frag will keep on keeping on.

I've been wanting to start a frag tank but I'll wait till the Biocube is exactly where I want it. Still deciding on how to upgrade the lights.

Doh! yes you did. If I recall they had not decided on a date last time I checked. 6/8 is no good for me, but keep growing that baby out, we will swap sometime!! ;)

What's up with the cube? Are you going open top or is that what you meant by being undecided?

Good idea on waiting too, never good to start a new one while the other is still in flux, trust me. <_<

Looking good Mr.Needy! Hey this would be my first swap where the hell is secaucus? And are both of you guys going?

Needreefunds
Looking good Mr.Needy! Hey this would be my first swap where the hell is secaucus? And are both of you guys going?

Hey Monk!!

The last frag swap was outstanding! If there is any way for you to make it you should check it out. It is a bit early to know for sure right now, but I know the wife and I are planning on it. It was in Monroe last year and the event had such an awesome turn out they needed a larger venue this time around. Savin' up some $ in a coffee can already for that one! :lol:

As for where the hell it is, stop at Dunkin' dognuts for a large coffee, set GPS in the parking lot and drive. ;)

That's pretty much the plan. :D

Elite Twit

Monk the get together on June 8th is for reeferscafe not njrc, but there's gonna be a bunch of njrc people there anyway. The swap in Secaucus I might be photographing for the club if I get all my new lenses. Phyl(njrc pres) is gonna let me know when we get closer to the date if they want another person taking pics. Either way I'm heading to both swaps/meets. I have room in the van for 2 more on the 8th if you want to come to that. Secaucus is somewhat over here by me you can probably jump in my van for that one too.

By undecided I meant I'm waiting on Current to see what they come up with for 20" t5 retro/hoods. If they can't fit more than 2 bulbs(i've seen the pics and it looks like 4 can fit easily in the fixture they made) I won't be getting t5s, but I've also read that anything less than a 24" t5 isn't worth much. I may want to go the 70 retro route, but swap out the stock actinics for some t5 supplements. Either way it's not staying stock much longer, I just have to make up my mind pending pics and measurements of the fixtures. I love the stock look, but for a bunch of t5 bulbs I'd deal with the open top. Only pics I put up of the cube so far is the top down teaser in my sig link. Waiting on a few more things before I put the rest up.

Needreefunds
By undecided I meant I'm waiting on Current to see what they come up with for 20" t5 retro/hoods. If they can't fit more than 2 bulbs(i've seen the pics and it looks like 4 can fit easily in the fixture they made) I won't be getting t5s, but I've also read that anything less than a 24" t5 isn't worth much. I may want to go the 70 retro route, but swap out the stock actinics for some t5 supplements. Either way it's not staying stock much longer, I just have to make up my mind pending pics and measurements of the fixtures. I love the stock look, but for a bunch of t5 bulbs I'd deal with the open top. Only pics I put up of the cube so far is the top down teaser in my sig link. Waiting on a few more things before I put the rest up.

Ah, gottcha!

I fought the temptation to go open top. I decided I like the clean AIO look too much, plus it was easier for me having two other tanks to play with. :D

OK, Some Yuma baby pics, or baby Yuma pics ...whatever..

008-6.jpg

008-6-1.jpg

I found this feather duster whilre moving some rock last weekend, I have no clue how long it has been hiding here, but I love finding neat shtuff in my tank! Very hard to get a good pic, this is the best one so far. I will keep trying tho...

016-4.jpg

I have a bunch of these that just showed up one day, looked like a pod explosion at first. I hope they are ok, so far I think they are playing nice....

017-4.jpg

Poofy.....

018-4.jpg

019-4.jpg

Momma kenya top left, recently found baby kenya, lower right...

021-3.jpg

A tiny frag of a really dainty looking pink pulsing xenia that hiked in on a small piece of LR rubble from a local reefer. It was just one stalk at first, for several weeks, but now looks like 5-6. Finally, a xenia frag that seems happy in my 'cube

022-3.jpg

023-3.jpg

More to come. I must make up for lack of updates. :lol:

Found my emerald crab dead, upside down in the sand. Had him quite a while..... :( so sad :tears: o well...

So, waddaya think?? Cleaner shrimp?? Another emerald?? Pom-poms?? To refresh, just the corals, snails, and Sixline in here now. In also would love a Yellow Clown Goby in here, but not sure... :unsure:

What? oh, yeah, well can't be sad forever. Gottsta move on!

1. I've had 2 emeralds that died totally unexpectedly--they'd been lively and normal right up until the day I found them covered in scavengers...It's a mystery!

2. Sounds like you've got room for several more inverts, and a fish as well. What fun!

;)

Ah yes, Diane knows me too well!

If she had let that post fly.......oh, the possibilities........ :lol:

;)

Starting to feel the need to start a prop tank thread.

Second thought....nah . Who cares anyway. No one wants to see that stuff, right?

Cool corals, just sitting on eggcrate.....growing......swaying in the flow....fully extended....

kind of boring I suppose. NVMD. -_-

Start it, dammit!

Beer, pizza, and cookies anyone??? :unsure:

Sign me up!

RE the latest pics: Wow--baby yumas, Kenya tree, and hitcher Xenia. You certainly are doing something right! Those little snails are Collinista--great little CUC members. And sweet trumpet tents!

--Diane

Needreefunds

Happy Mothers Day!!

:flower: :flower: :flower::grouphug::flower: :flower: :flower:

Thanks for all you do for you and yours Moms!!

You have a tough job, for certain, and, well you can keep it !

Love ya Mom! :wub:

Thanks for the ID on the snails Diane!

And Thank you for the replies, gave me quite a few chuckles there.

That is something , that little xenia frag huh? Its very cool looking, I know it can become overwhelming, but I think a forrest across the back wall would look awesome.

Looking good man. Regarding the Zoanthids...they can be soooo easy to keep or they can disappear overnight for no apparent reason. It's amazing that people consider them to be one of the easiest things to keep when actually they can be quite difficult at times. I've been dosing two of Seachem's new line..."Fuel" and "Ions" and I couldn't be happier. I had some Zoanthids in my 10g reef that hadn't been looking 100% and after dosing those they are back to normal. LPS are better anyways though. :naughtydance: How about an FTS??

Needreefunds
Looking good man. Regarding the Zoanthids...they can be soooo easy to keep or they can disappear overnight for no apparent reason. It's amazing that people consider them to be one of the easiest things to keep when actually they can be quite difficult at times. I've been dosing two of Seachem's new line..."Fuel" and "Ions" and I couldn't be happier. I had some Zoanthids in my 10g reef that hadn't been looking 100% and after dosing those they are back to normal. LPS are better anyways though. :naughtydance: How about an FTS??

Hey nUgZ!! Whats goin' on??

It was starting to pi$$ me off every time I read " easy, beginner coral, hardy....etc."....BS!! :angry::lol:

More like fickle, never happy, OMG WTF do you want from me ???? corl.....

I have been on the lookout for the new Seachem line, but have not found it locally yet, nor have I seen it available from the good Drs. Has it been as easy to dose as they say? No waiting in between products, etc?

As promised more pics and a FTS for nUgZ

024-3.jpg

Baby britt..

032-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

036-2.jpg

This one, just cuz I thought it was a cool shot

037-2.jpg

And some FTS, sorry these stink!

029-3.jpg

028-3.jpg

027-3.jpg

Thanks for lookin'!

Sounds pretty good Ill go as far a ride goes I can drive unless your close to me Im off 136 on the parkway about a mile from it.

Elite Twit

I'm already driving roadking and two friends in my van. So if you and nrf come that's the max since we gotta bring a bunch of crap to the meet.

Yeah...statements about Zoanthids being easy can be misleading. Ask your LFS to order that line. I think it's a great product. I don't use any of the ones that would need alternate dosing, but I imagine you would only have to wait 30 minutes or an hour before dosing. When I dose Calcium & Alk, I try to do one in the morning and one at night just to be safe.

Needreefunds
Yeah...statements about Zoanthids being easy can be misleading. Ask your LFS to order that line. I think it's a great product. I don't use any of the ones that would need alternate dosing, but I imagine you would only have to wait 30 minutes or an hour before dosing. When I dose Calcium & Alk, I try to do one in the morning and one at night just to be safe.

Sorry for that little anti-zoo rant, I think I got carried away there, reefers frustration I guess.....

Thanks for the input nUgZ, always appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Needreefunds

Been a while again. Still going. After a year and a half new things are still popping out of the live rock. There are what looks like tiny clove polyps sprouting up here and there. Much too small for my lousy camera skills to capture. I have a CUC refresher pack coming in this week and some will be added to this tank. As you can see the tank is a bit hairy here and there. I am having problems with my ICA chiller and removed it today to send in to Nanotuners. It is over a year old, but they offered to check it out for me if I took care of the shipping. Good folks there, always helpful.

OK, a few pics....

You can see LPS corner here with my poor struggling Independence day micro

024-9.jpg

025-9.jpg

021-10.jpg

019-11.jpg

017-12.jpg

I don't know where the feather came from, but I am very happy it is here!

016-12.jpg

And a FTS as of today

014-12.jpg

Thanks for checking in and I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday weekend!

( and for those following along outside the US, I hope you had a happy and safe weekend too!! :lol: )

• 1 month later...
Needreefunds

Hello folks. This one is still "hairy".

The new CUC members really haven't touched the various growth that much so I added this handsome fellow in the hopes he / she will aid in the clean up process somewhat.

024-12.jpg

019-14.jpg

This shot with flash really shows him off

023-13.jpg

Also caught this fellow on the front glass. Seems to be more and more of them lately.

017-16.jpg

015-17.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Needreefunds
looks good, nice blenny I just added a salfin blenny to my 26gal.

Hey DT!

Thanks!

I was thinking of adding a sail fin to my 46 bow. Still checking my blenny options for that tank. :P

Needreefunds
Those are cool mini brittle stars. That's a new color pattern for them by me!

Hey Brett!

They are cool looking huh? I have a slight population explosion lately. Find myself really inspecting the floss before I toss it as there are typically one or two in there. I usually place them in the other tanks ot sumps.

Just another interesting creature to observe.

Small update:

The Six line just would not stop harassing the tail spot. Its belly became sunken very quickly. Each time it ventured out to feed the wrasse would pounce. I DIY'd a trap from a small spring water bottle, filled with tank water and tossed in a cube of mysis. After an hour or so of curiosity the wrasse could no longer stand the sweet aroma coming from inside the bottle. I looked up from my N-R screen to see what looked like an explosion inside the bottle. Done deal and now my 46 has a new tenant and today my tail spot looks to have better polyp extension. LOL

I was rather surprised to catch this guy so quickly.

OK, so any ideas for another fishy for this tank?? Yellow clown goby? Goby shrimp combo? A pair of neon gobies??

:huh:

Edit: "ponce" LOL, was OK I guess, not too many peeps checkin this out anyway <_<

:P

Needreefunds

New fella....nestled up with some lovely BA :angry:

011-19.jpg

cute tho, huh?

cuz i has a hat

001-21.jpg

but i haz no armz.......

001-22.jpg

008-20.jpg

005-20.jpg

Welcome to the jungle....

007-20.jpg

I know the tank is looking over grown, but it seems like the less I fuss, the happier most of the corlz look.

I suppose there is something to be said for "keep your hands out of the tank".

The emerald seems to be doing well. Sort of shovels algae and food stuffs towards its mouth and eats that way. As you can see he cannot take care of any bubble algae for me, poor guy doesn't have the equipment.

I picked up the YCG yesterday. Could not find him this morning, or after work. Finally found him in the surface skimmer :o Poor little guy was fighting the flow all day waiting to be rescued.

Looks to have fared well. I hope he makes it. Little yellow speck really adds to the tank. :happy:

Forgot to add that the peppermint shrimp I added that was MIA for over a week made a very brief appearance today also. :)

Archived