• Last Reply

Been a while.....

tankshots11-02-2007032.jpg

tankshots11-02-2007030.jpg

tankshots11-02-2007029.jpg

tankshots11-02-2007027.jpg

tankshots11-02-2007026.jpg

tankshots11-02-2007034.jpg

And look what I picked up for my 46 Bow.....

tankshots11-02-2007060.jpg

tankshots11-02-2007021.jpg

I have been thinking about re-scaping this tank ( the Nano cube that is)......... :huh:

But every now and then everything in this tank just explodes with color. Almost like the corlz know I'm thinking about starting this tank over again! :happy:

Thanks for looking, have a great weekend!

OOPS, sorry guys, I didn't even see those last few replies.

Vert, If you still haven't picked up soap dishes PM me.

Brett, No problem, I'd be glad to help! And..

Tell ya what, send me all the fresh Fiji cuts you have and I'll try to get em to "stick" ! :lol:

BTW Brett, little Fiji survived the Choco chip star attack!! Tough little bugger....

tankshots11-02-2007004.jpg

See him back there???

I have retired my cube. :( it is in storage! I transfered over all my stuff into the 55 gallon and made a ref/sump I will try to get up a few pics for you later on. Nice tanks though...

OK, so I couldn't take it anymore. After checking out a not-so-local fish store and seeing an absolutely beautiful Nano cube 12 dx ( STOCK!! ) I figured I was doing something wrong. I wondered if the mate flex I used as a protective base for my rock may have been keeping my sand sifting critters from doing their job properly. Although testing showed all in good order, something was keeping this tank from being all it could be.

All rock was removed and all caulerpa tweezed off of it as best I could, I'm sure it will return but now was the time. I rinsed all rocks in fresh saltwater mix. I removed that plastic mate flex and checked for any foul odor to the sand or water- none, cloudy from me disturbing the sand, but still smelled like fresh seawater. I vacuumed the sand bed and I had my pumps running and replaced filter floss several time over a two hour period until it was fairly clear. I had all frags in another bucket with a pump and heater with a PC drop light providing some light during this project. So....

I re scaped ( I still stink at it! ) Most frags were returned, some new ones added. I also decided to leave out my finger leather and relocated to my 46 gal. OK, enough BS, Pics.....

11-05-2007019.jpg

11-05-2007018.jpg

11-05-2007020.jpg

11-05-2007017.jpg

And one with the flash

11-05-2007015.jpg

I am really curious to see if the corlz are happier without that leather in this tank. We shall see.

Thanks for looking.

Looking good. I can't see any caulerpa, so that's a good sign! Get that thermometer probe in the back chambers!!! :angry::lol:

DOH!!!!!!

Good call, its gone. :lol:

Sorry for the late reply, but I no longer get email notifications from my own tank thread. :angry: I don't know why. :huh:

Does anyone know what that black worm looking critter is in my last pic? Look just under the snail in the upper right of the pic. I will try to post up some better shots soon. It looks black with white spots.11-05-2007011.jpg

11-05-2007013.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks

Brett, No problem, I'd be glad to help! And..

Tell ya what, send me all the fresh Fiji cuts you have and I'll try to get em to "stick" ! :lol:

BTW Brett, little Fiji survived the Choco chip star attack!! Tough little bugger....

tankshots11-02-2007004.jpg

See him back there???

I am glad he lived!! I killed the nice one I had in my 110 so they ain't tough enough for me ;-) The mother colony of the one that you have is still doing well though! I should apparently dice it up and send all of the pieces to you to farm out.

Losing the one in the 110 was too bad. Its color was intense yellow under the brighter lights. I think I put an eggcrate shelf over it and it got mad and quit coming out. I moved it to better light again but it still slowly withered away which surprised me. I never saw any nudis or anything on it either. As a last resort, I tried moving it to the 46 by the other fiji, but it was too late.

Keep up the good work! And I have no idea what your black worm critter is. Sorry.

I am glad he lived!! I killed the nice one I had in my 110 so they ain't tough enough for me ;-) The mother colony of the one that you have is still doing well though! I should apparently dice it up and send all of the pieces to you to farm out.

Losing the one in the 110 was too bad. Its color was intense yellow under the brighter lights. I think I put an eggcrate shelf over it and it got mad and quit coming out. I moved it to better light again but it still slowly withered away which surprised me. I never saw any nudis or anything on it either. As a last resort, I tried moving it to the 46 by the other fiji, but it was too late.

Keep up the good work! And I have no idea what your black worm critter is. Sorry.

Hey Thanks Brett!

Aw, after all that it didn't pull through?? That stinks B!

As long as the mother is doing well you can keep trying! :lol:

I think it's entirely possible that your black wormy critter is an aceteminophor.

Hope you have some turducken on hand. :D

Would these then be the first known pictures of the white spotted aceteminophor wormis lepordimoussis ?? :huh:

Should I start a species tank ASAP?? :huh:

Input Lisa, Don't leave me hangin' like this! :o

The Turducken was meant for the Holiday, but......

:lol:

Lalani, thanks for the kind words! :)

• 5 weeks later...
Tank pics are looking good, and the zoo collection is starting to look sweet! :)

Thanks Buddy!

'Tis the season for a quick update. Some pics of my re-scaped cube

WTF12-16-2007012.jpg

WTF12-16-2007013.jpg

WTF12-16-2007014.jpg

WTF12-16-2007015.jpg

WTF12-16-2007017.jpg

WTF12-16-2007018.jpg

Still trying to get my PPE and Tubbs Blues to color up

WTF12-16-2007019.jpg

WTF12-16-2007021.jpg

WTF12-16-2007022.jpg

Thanks for looking!

or...

Would you like to see more??

NRF - I'm impressed! You got that Santa hat on your avitar!

Looking good and everyone always wants more pics...

Well, be impressed with my wife :huh: She added the hat. :lol:

And thanks B! OK, More pics.......

WTF12-16-2007040.jpg

WTF12-16-2007031.jpg

WTF12-16-2007037.jpg

WTF12-16-2007038.jpg

WTF12-16-2007033.jpg

WTF12-16-2007034.jpg

WTF12-16-2007025.jpg

:)

your tank suck, save the embarrassment and send me your coral. :haha:

looks really good man

Bwaaah! :lol:

Yo! R!

WASSUP?? Nice to hear from you! I thought you took down your tanks??

Hey that light I got from you is still kickin' butt over my prop tank fuge, thanks again.

Im back and got two tanks in action. Im taking things slow and letting everything grow out slowly. Im trying to buy/trade higher quality lps, zoas and rics. i should have frags fs/ft after new years. Im glad that light is working out for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NRF,

About time I saw your thread! Just read it all from page 1--what a treat! I really enjoyed your progress/set-back/progress-again reports and all the pics. Your tank is looking wonderful! Congrats! And I too would like to see an update, plus hear how the bowfront & prop tank are doing as well. :)

--Diane

WOW ,

Randy, Anthony, Brett, Diane sorry about the lack of response. I still cannot get email notification on this thread.

Oh well, what can you do. I know CM will slay the email dragon one day. For all he does for us I certainly cannot gripe about a little glitch... :happy:

Well, once again this tank has turned against me. Or rather something IN this tank has. I started to notice unhappy zoa polyps. Then missing polyps. And by the time I figured out ( well, sort of ) what may be causing this I had lost a lot of zoa. I really think a pod explosion may have been a factor here. When I "reset" this tank I ad removed the sixline and put him in my 46g. He looked SO happy there that I didn't have the heart to put him back in Nano-ville. The tank was running fish less again until this latest episode of " NOW WHAT??" After thinking it may be the pods I purchased another six line. Tiny and just beautiful coloration on this particular fellow. He quickly made himself at home and glides through the rock work like he's been there for months. No more pods to be seen and have not lost another polyp. I did remove my Tubbs blues, PPE and my Independence day Micromussa frags as well as several other low end, unnamed and thus-worthless and ugly zoa frags.

RELAX, just kidding on the name thing. :rolleyes:

So with tail tucked in reefing defeat I shall post picks of what remains....

gettinridofspaghetti027.jpg

gettinridofspaghetti026.jpg

gettinridofspaghetti025.jpg

FTS--FOR NOW--THIS TANK WILL NOT DEFEAT ME--I HAVE ALL OF YOU TO HELP ME SO IT WILL BE AWESOME ONE DAY!! gee, I hope so anyway :( :(

gettinridofspaghetti023.jpg

And since there was a request- My 46 bow is really starting to look better. I have finally added the sump / fuge setup. Still tweaking it a bit ( do we ever really stop??) and I had a blast putting it together.

001-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

And I finally got rid of this v v v v

gettinridofspaghetti001.jpg

and made this v v v ( no, not anything like Stoney, but I am MUCH happier with this than with my before shot)

gettinridofspaghetti003.jpg

check out Mvite's monti, encrusting the rock and almost covering the frag plug

gettinridofspaghetti011.jpg

gettinridofspaghetti013.jpg

gettinridofspaghetti018.jpg

gettinridofspaghetti019.jpg

gettinridofspaghetti020.jpg

gettinridofspaghetti021.jpg

Still working on all of them. Also still trying to work on my horrible camera skills. I'll post up some prop tank shots next time Diane!

Thanks for checking up on me guys. I really do appreciate it. :bowdown:

So my little 'cube had a birthday. Certainly has had its ups and downs. Bouts with zoa fungus, flatworms, and mysterious maladies too numerous to recall have kept me busy and reading. The problems encountered have not changed my love of the hobby and hopefully I will continue to feel the same for many years to come.

At this time I would like to say THANK YOU to all of those who's ears I have bent over the past year ( you know who you are!! ). Thanks for all the help, thoughts, and kind words of encouragement. Without them I'm not so sure I would have made it this far. -_-

So the tank celebrates its birthday by sounding like a rushing stream this morning. I open the lid, and get shot with water from the pump whose hose had slipped out of the elbow at the bulkhead fitting. Seems like the stock hose had become pretty stiff, so I replaced it when I got home tonight. Also cleaned out the fuge area while I was there.

OK, sorry about a picture less update, but this was more of a "THANKS N-R" post any-who. :)

Happy Birthday NanoCube!

That really is a milestone--funny about the pump spraying you. :lol:

And what a great passel of pics in the previous post. Everything looks so colorful and healthy!

Sure have been a lot of threads talking about killer pods, recently. Almost like some wrasse conspiracy...

--Diane

Archived