Top Shelf Aquatics

BSDaemon's office tank

IPv6Freely

If this is going to be an office tank I was wondering if your company was paying for everything? That would be cool. If that was answered before sorry I didn't read the whole thread.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man ... even Jack in the Box double checks that my $1 burger is correct before they give it to me LOL That's just sad. Good thing you've been sucking up to nano-paul. You could have your replacement glass before Easter :)

A little unnecessary...

If this is going to be an office tank I was wondering if your company was paying for everything? That would be cool. If that was answered before sorry I didn't read the whole thread.

Ha! No, I wish. It's going in MY office, not in the lobby... so no, they aren't paying for it. If they were, it would have been up and running a year ago, literally.

And retarded. I hope his jack in the box checks to see if burgers are less than a millimeter from regulation size. Cause gosh a 1.4% error is a huge error not befitting of even his dollar burger. That man is one of high moral, and business standards.

And retarded. I hope his jack in the box checks to see if burgers are less than a millimeter from regulation size. Cause gosh a 1.4% error is a huge error not befitting of even his dollar burger. That man is one of high moral, and business standards.

hahaha ownt

ownt ? Am I the one with the glass that's too short with a thread that started last January and probably won't have water in a tank before next January just because it's Oh so cool to buy from paul ?

ownt ? Am I the one with the glass that's too short with a thread that started last January and probably won't have water in a tank before next January just because it's Oh so cool to buy from paul ?

No, you're the one who is acting like a douche.

It should also be pointed out that the length of time it's taken me to finish my tank has absolutely nothing to do with nano-paul.

If you're not interested in posting something constructive, don't bother posting here.

Hang in there. NP is great, and will take care of you, without a doubt. Just have more patience when assembling, and follow a tried and true method- perhaps conviersing with someone in Cali who does this often, and see if they can advise. Good Luck!

If you're not interested in posting something constructive, don't bother posting here.

Ok then I can do that too LOL. When you do get your glass next time make yourself a wooden frame the size of your base plus the sides. Then place some 1/8" spacer on your table where your bottom panel will be resting. Put your bottom panel on top of the spacers. put your wooden frame around the bottom panel. Then put your vertical panels up. Tape them up or whatever you want to use. Slap on some silicon and let it dry. And Finally use the back of a plastic spoon to flatten the silicon. It's sooo much easier with a frame :D

I did sound like a douche but I was just being a smart ass. I know ...... it's a thin line ..... ;)

Cheers and good luck.

Ok then I can do that too LOL. When you do get your glass next time make yourself a wooden frame the size of your base plus the sides. Then place some 1/8" spacer on your table where your bottom panel will be resting. Put your bottom panel on top of the spacers. put your wooden frame around the bottom panel. Then put your vertical panels up. Tape them up or whatever you want to use. Slap on some silicon and let it dry. And Finally use the back of a plastic spoon to flatten the silicon. It's sooo much easier with a frame :D

I did sound like a douche but I was just being a smart ass. I know ...... it's a thin line ..... ;)

Cheers and good luck.

I don't quite get it...

I'm not able to picture in my head what youre telling me to do...

Yo Yo!!!

Yea I will replace it. Send me a PM with the measurements you need and I will get the ball rolling. :)

That's why you're the man :D

I always say... sh*t happens, it's how it gets dealt with that matters, like when I bought from reefscavengers and something arrived dead. Took a photo, sent an email, and had a refund within an hour.

Man 'o man I feel your frustration! I give you alot of credit for keeping at it! You'll be up and running soon though, and you'll walk away form this one with a lot of experience!

No, you're the one who is acting like a douche.

It should also be pointed out that the length of time it's taken me to finish my tank has absolutely nothing to do with nano-paul.

thats funny coming from you....very funny

your not by chance from Salt city are you?
meh, doesn't matter really. If somebody wants to act like an idiot here because I made fun of them for acting like an idiot on another forum, then it just shows the level of maturity they have. Doesn't bother me :)
Man 'o man I feel your frustration! I give you alot of credit for keeping at it! You'll be up and running soon though, and you'll walk away form this one with a lot of experience!
hah thats the plan at least. It's been almost a year since I started working on this. Took my sweet time coming up with the money to even order the glass though. The crappy AGA tank sat in my room for a couple months before I tried drilling it, too... so its mostly my own fault for being slow. But yeah, my next tank build should be much more smooth :)

Sooo..... You got that glass yet ? Got water in it and all ? ;)

Sooo..... You got that glass yet ? Got water in it and all ? ;)

Nope, not yet. I'm back home anyway so I can't really assemble a tank when I'm in another country ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to scraping my glass (damn Cisco certification exams taking all my time)... and then I dry fitted it to make sure all was good.

Theres a small gap on one side, but its easily going to be fine with the silicone in between the panes.

Take a look:

2327200443_7453081c00_b.jpg

Well... here we go again. I'm not happy with how the front pane turned out, I didnt tape off enough area for the silicone, so the tape didnt come off cleanly and i ended up having to use my finger after the tape was removed... but... it may be okay once i do some razor blade cleanup... or I may wait for it all to dry, remove the front pane, and redo just the front. I guess we'll see.

Pics (right click -> view image to see full size):

2335300671_dbf70cf482_b.jpg

Front left:

2336134690_645fc99c8f_b.jpg

Front Right (the right side actually doesnt look TOO bad:

2336134998_ba473314b3_b.jpg

2335303333_368f4e8b67_b.jpg

If it doesn't hold water, then I will admit defeat and have somebody that knows what theyre doing assemble it.

Archived