inTank Media Baskets

nUgZ's 10g Frag

nUgZ

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GSPE's

GSPEs86.07.jpg

I rescued this Montipora undata two weeks ago. Here it is when I got it.

Undata724.07.jpg

Here it is now.

Undata86.07.jpg

It's still got a ways to go, but I think it's improving.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the way your tank looks :) I was thinking about making a 20L frag tank so this gives me some ideas. Oh and are your yumas still doing good?

ok a few questions.

one, how did you secure the racks together?

two, what would you do differently if you did this again?

three, where did you get your frag plugs?

four, what lights do u ahve on your tank,(i will go take a breif look bak at the pages to see if i can find out)

jonmar- Thanks. The yumas are doing fine. Proper acclimation is the key.

xavier- I drilled holes in the PVC and used fishing line to tie the eggcrate to the PVC. If I had it to do over again I would start the tank with sand instead of the eggcrate. I would also recommend starting with the biggest tank you can. It doesn't take long to fill up a 10g. Here's a link to the plugs.

http://www.oceanswondersonline.com/page/page/4221106.htm

I'm currently using the Coralife Aqualight with a 150w halide and 130w PC actinics.

You shouldn't need a wholesale account. Those prices posted are retail. The SPS were doing well under the PC's. They didn't grow as fast, but they had good color. Lighting is only one of the many factors that influence how well a coral will do in your tank.

TonysZoas821.07.jpg

Well my Acanthastrea echinata decided to eat another one of my Favites that I have sitting next to it. I love these things but they can be sooo aggressive sometimes.

Caught in the act!!

Battle.jpg

A closer view. You can see the mesentery filaments from the Acan eating the Favites.

Battlecloseup.jpg

Here you can see the aftermath. The Favites in front of the green one was attacked a couple weeks ago. I need to frag both of them now. :x

Aftermath.jpg

One a brighter note here are some Zoanthids I got recently.

DavesReds.jpg

The 10k bulb that I had on this tank reached the end of its useful life. I'm going to be buying a Phoenix 14k bulb soon, but I've got a used Hamilton 14k on there for now. It's much too blue for my tastes, but it'll do for now.

Here's the undata.

Undata98.07.jpg

This Acropora will be badass one day.

Table.jpg

fishes- I'll see what I can do.

Acanthastrea echinata.

PurpleAcan910.07.jpg

Green Montipora digitata. I love the shape this one is taking. I'm hoping to do mostly staghorns in my cube and this would fit in nicely.

GreenDigi910.07.jpg

Green Montipora frag.

GreenCapfrag910.07.jpg

Orange Zoanthids.

OrangeZoanthids2910.07.jpg

Zoanthids.

Reds910.07.jpg

Looks like things are growing fast in the tank man. Love those green monti frags....the digi reminds me of deer antlers or something :)

What are those yellow and pink zoas hiding out behind the green monti frag? They look awesome.

Thanks. I've got three frags of that green Monti. I'll hold one for you. I call those Zoanthids Electric Yellows. I'll see if I can get a better shot of them later today.

Archived