Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

EZ II

ezcompany

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fraggle rockette
My pics of the former community clam will PWN your teardrop!! :P Ok, maybe nots... :tears: Damnit, I miss that clam like hard core!!!

lol matt- i love how you KILL the community clam and then proceed to bring it up once a month. :P

fraggle rockette
Actually waxed clams are better....I hate stubble

ur mom waxes her clam for me once a week- i even spit shine it :D

She is just the secretary...Not like she is Jessica Alba or anything LOL

pfft heck no- i don't lie about being latina like she does. ;)

ur mom waxes her clam for me once a week- i even spit shine it :D

Arent you supposed to be answering calls or something....What are you paid to do again? B)

BTW: Jessica Alba is HOT

another whole page of worthlessness....lol

Yeah but it was pretty funny. :D

I just got all my rock and livestock moved over from my 30g to the new aquapod. God this sunpod is the coolest thing I have ever seen! omgomgomg I definitely know why you MH fans like it so much!

My own thread to come later tonight!

. . . .

. . . . .

EZ

. . . . . .

. . . . . . .

FTS!!!!

:D

x2!

4lr10k5.jpg

pictures would help.. and not just one

u bastard...lol

FTS will be posted once I get my stuff from Eric which will probably be this weekend since we are currently in the middle of a ATL Group buy! :lol:

I know where EZ lives, I'll sneak in while he's sleeping and snap an FTS stealth style!! :P That might be hard though since he apparently never sleeps... =/

Ok EZ I have one more question for you. I know you tried about three different skimmer (the CSS 65, the remora, and now the deltec). Between the remora and the deltec, which did you like more? I am seriously considering the CSS simply because the skimmate pictures I have seen for this thing are amazing! I know that they can be hard to keep stable, but I think I can work on that. RC has a couple good threads on stability that I can use as a reference.

Also, between the remora and the CSS, which was quieter? It would suck to have this wonderfully quiet aquapod system and have a huge buzzing sound coming from the skimmer.

Thanks!

:)

Ok EZ I have one more question for you. I know you tried about three different skimmer (the CSS 65, the remora, and now the deltec). Between the remora and the deltec, which did you like more? I am seriously considering the CSS simply because the skimmate pictures I have seen for this thing are amazing! I know that they can be hard to keep stable, but I think I can work on that. RC has a couple good threads on stability that I can use as a reference.

Also, between the remora and the CSS, which was quieter? It would suck to have this wonderfully quiet aquapod system and have a huge buzzing sound coming from the skimmer.

Thanks!

:)

hmmm. both have pros and cons, i'll try to be as objective as possible.

Remora:

Performance is just okay..

Reliable (as in set and forget)

Loud (injector system, using the paper towel mod to silence it actually decreases skimming performance), hissing noise high pitched

Coralife Super Skimmer 65

Performance is better (skimmate)

Not as reliable in smaller systems with inconsistent water systems, risk of overflowing skimmate, recommended water level in manual is too high

Not as loud as the Remora, but still audible. Pump noise.

Deltec MCE300

Outperforms both skimmers

Set and forget, no worry of overflow and not sensitive to water level changes

Very quiet, I can sleep in the same room. Its a silent hum.

Coralife Super Skimmer 65

Performance is better (skimmate)

Not as reliable in smaller systems with inconsistent water systems, risk of overflowing skimmate, recommended water level in manual is too high

Not as loud as the Remora, but still audible. Pump noise.

I had a CSS65 on my tank for a while. IMHO it was a HUGE pain in the ass. I was constanly adjusting it.

It could be because I didn't have an ATO on my tank so as the water level changed during the day so did the level of water and bubble in the skimmer.

It was noisy. Not like living next to a train station or anything, but Im a person who is easily distracted by background noise so I would have to turn the tv up a notch so that it didn't bug me.

I finally ordered my Aquafuge(Which I absolutely LOVE) and while I was waiting for it to arrive, the propeller on the SS crapped out and stopped spinning. I tried to pull it apart to see what the problem was but there was no fixing it. Luckily my AquaFuge was already being delivered (talk about timing) so I could scrap it without worry.

I haven't seen the Remora or Deltec in action but I can tell you that you should save yourself a headache and skip out the SS.

old clam pic is on the n-r photo contest thread.

if i can't even win the clam photo, i'm leaving n-r <_<

If the community clam beats your B&W, then I'M leaving N-R... <_<

I had to revive it though, you know in memory. :( None of my other clams to date have been as big or looked as good as that one did... *sigh*

Archived