inTank Media Baskets

EZ II

ezcompany

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok EZ and company (no pun intended :P ) . . . I just spent the past 12 hours reading this thread . . . all I can say is WOW!

First, EZ . . . you are the sole inspiration for my upcoming AP24 w/ 150w sunpod. Your tank is the most awesome nano tank I have ever seen. The past 12 hours I have followed your discoveries, new purchases (can anyone say NEW CLAM!), and the recent crash. I would probably give my right arm to have seen it in person. (Just so you know my heart sank when I saw those pictures of your crashed tank . . . I wish I could have helped! Damn my late timing and Central United States location!! :angry: ) All I can say is thank you for documenting your journey. I have a huge amount of respect for you and what you have done with this aquapod. I only regret that I have come to it so late. Hopefully my tank can look as fantastic as yours one day.

And to everyone else who commented, helped, or just asked for a FTS ( Oh, btw FTS EZ :D) THANK YOU! It's one thing to have someone like EZ post pictures of his ubertank on an internet forum. However, it's when people like you ask questions, discuss, and even hijack the thread to talk about cars for about 3 pages . . . :happy: It just makes this whole thread (and my 12 hour experience) simply amazing. I also need to give props to those around EZ who helped him when the tank crashed. Keep it up!

Finally, I would really hate it if this tank was just pushed aside as a secondary priority as most crashed tanks tend to do. IMO this tank has reached *at least* sub-legendary status. I know a lot of my friends and I will be talking about it for a long time anyway. Please keep this tank going and make it as awesome as it once was!!

Sometimes I really wish I was a west coast reefer . . .

-Sandy

EZ III in a month!

Sandy, you're making me blush oh gawsh :wub: thank you for your praise, its posts like yours that help me keep my tank going even though i felt like pulling the plug many many times.

here's my replacement teardrop clam :)

img7014dw1.jpg

I also plugged in my 1/10th Current USA Chiller, its really kicking butt right now. I especially love how it has a built in controller and a plug for a heater upto 300watts in the back. Eric told me he prefers to have his temperature control in a seperate circuit, (not under a rk2 or a aqua c jr) so this does the trick just fine, and will control my temperatures perfectly. I didn't get the new faceplate however, but Current USA will be sending me one for improved air intake.

That clam is out of the world. Where did you find it? I am stuck in Walla Walla, WA for the next two years. Hours from anything. Surrounded by wheat fields and nothing else. I am envious of the connections you all have down in socal. Too hot for my blood, though.

Best of luck with everything in your tank! When I first started reefing your tank was a major motivation. Your clams have always left me speechless. It's awesome to see you pull through this and not give up. I'm sure we will all be watching your progress.

POTM winner anyone?? Great Clam.

You mean second POTM winner?? Congrats EZ on winning the SPS POTM!! Now you can finally get a real "I support NR" badge :lol:

btw i didn't win the sps potm :happy:

Woops ... I saw it at the front of the list with 21 votes, I thought you had won ... but looking at the front page, you didn't :tears:

Well, I voted for ya....

Woops ... I saw it at the front of the list with 21 votes, I thought you had won ... but looking at the front page, you didn't :tears:

Well, I voted for ya....

thanks buddy, i'll for sure enter this month so don't forget to vote :happy:

fraggle rockette
Was that clam $500 like the others? LOL

ha! close enough :P

(wow eunfy, looks like ur a lot of peeps heroes now... but ur still not mine!!! :naughtydance:)

oh wait, crap... you still have my corls! lol. :flower:

ha! close enough :P

(wow eunfy, looks like ur a lot of peeps heroes now... but ur still not mine!!! :naughtydance:)

oh wait, crap... you still have my corls! lol. :flower:

your rics are in my 500w blender, i expect better behavior! <_<

fraggle rockette
your rics are in my 500w blender, i expect better behavior! <_<

oh noes!!!!

:rolleyes: don't be mean now... or i'll come to your house and make clam chowder!!! :lol:

img7014dw1.jpg

Where in the world are you finding these clams EZ? That teardrop is insane!

Oh and I wanted to ask . . . What were you feeding and dosing your tank before the crash? I know once posted this somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I think it is about time that I changed what I am feeding/dosing and I figured your feeding/dosing regiment was working pretty well for you! :D

Thanks!

you have no idea how many times i've heard the word "clam chowder" for my tank lol

Sandy, dosing isn't critical to your tank unless it is very heavily stocked. At one point i felt my 24 gallon was overstocked, my calcium and bicarbonate (alk) demands were very high. i was dosing my home made 2 part solution (Randy's 2 part) daily to keep up with calcium and alkalinity demands.

I was also adding tropic marin trace elements A & K (which people claim colored up their sps but i never really noticed a difference).

I also make sure the magnesium is on par (to keep calcium and alk stable) and use ESV Magnesium to dose once a month or so.

you have no idea how many times i've heard the word "clam chowder" for my tank lol

Sandy, dosing isn't critical to your tank unless it is very heavily stocked. At one point i felt my 24 gallon was overstocked, my calcium and bicarbonate (alk) demands were very high. i was dosing my home made 2 part solution (Randy's 2 part) daily to keep up with calcium and alkalinity demands.

I was also adding tropic marin trace elements A & K (which people claim colored up their sps but i never really noticed a difference).

I also make sure the magnesium is on par (to keep calcium and alk stable) and use ESV Magnesium to dose once a month or so.

Awesome. Now, did you use a home made food mixture or did you simply use pellet/flake food when feeding?

Also, I was wondering how you liked your whisper 30. I have an insanely loud powerfilter on my current setup and I want to make my aquapod pretty quiet. Would the whisper 30 worth my trouble or should I go ahead an get an aquaclear for a bit more $$?

Sorry for the 20 questions game. :)

Awesome. Now, did you use a home made food mixture or did you simply use pellet/flake food when feeding?

Also, I was wondering how you liked your whisper 30. I have an insanely loud powerfilter on my current setup and I want to make my aquapod pretty quiet. Would the whisper 30 worth my trouble or should I go ahead an get an aquaclear for a bit more $$?

Sorry for the 20 questions game. :)

the aquaclear's are pretty quiet, bbut i don't like them cuz they are "clear" and algae builds up inside of them.

i'm thinking of using the eheim hob filters as my ac 70 zapped out on me (water went in the power plug)

the whispers are quiet as well but i think mine stopped running for some odd reason. (i got it used)

for the food it really depends on my mood. when i'm lazy or tired from work the fish get pellets and flakes. if i'm into it they get my recently made home made frozen food mmmm.

no problems with the questions, lemme know if you have any more :)

Archived