Coral Vue Hydros

2.5 gallon - 4th months old and I think it is complete! (for a week at least)

LiQuiD

Liquid, I was just looking at your macroalgae. I wonder if this is what you have.

http://www.reeflabs.com/livestock.htm

Your little tank is awesome.

I had to yank a pep out of my 6 because he was eating my yellow polyps. I lured him out in the open and off the rocks with a piece of shrimp stuck on a cake tester and scooped him up in the net that he didn't notice right under him. Worked great. Good luck.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aeternump23

Thanks Liquid.

Jeeeeeeeeez. So need a tank like that. I just set my 10 gallon up last night...4 more weeks of cycling to go...yay :P

But Liquid You are the poster child for Nano-Reef reqruitment. I and half a dozen others that I know got motivated into the hobby after seeing the post you put up here. :) Keep it up, you post the most amazing pictures...absolutely amazing.

deacon hemp

Hey liquid just a thought on getting your pep out of there,if you still want a shrimp but no pep get a cleaner a bit bigger and soon enough the pep will be begging to get out!the cleaner will keep him in a top corner,thats always been my experience!

IMO the pep deserves a little punishment for messing up your frag!

Edit:forgot to say the tank is lookin deadly!

Crak: The smallest net I have is half the size of the tank. There is just no room in there anymore to move around (I have lost several frags lately that have fallen down the back or through the middle cavern that are just impossible to retrieve). If it was one of my larger tanks, I could get the shrimp no sweat but not this tank.

cajastan: I do have some of the red gracillaria they have on that site but the bubble stuff is not shown. Update: the red bubble stuff has melted and disappeared so I need to wait until another shipment comes in and get more.

cuteios: Thanks, the more the merrier I always say (tell them they must pay homage to me in the form of one nice frag each for the inspiration they have received) :D

deacon hemp: I am going to leave the shrimp be. The one head it ate was kind of brown/leaky looking before he ate it and it seemed that it jus removed what ever was attached to the other head. I am starting to think that the frag came down with some kind of bacterial problem and was actually dead and decomposing. With this new hypothesis, I now believe that it was doing me a favor by eating the dead polyp before it fouled up my water. All in all, he gets another chance.

I am taking it that you are using "deadly" as a compliment and not that the tank looks like it is dying, right??? Thanks

Hey Liquid, You know frgs aren't a difficult thing to find around here...it's the darn equiptment that driving me nuts. I'd retrofit everything to my hearts content to get my tank to where I want it if I knew where to get half the stuff. Unlike everyone else the online arena is not a valid shopping ground for me. :( If you want some frags that's local to south east asia just say so I think I know where to find them...and I mean they are cheap!!! don't know about shipping though...that's probably where it gets expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

Incredible tank....Very Nice!

Is there anywhere to get those 2.5's online? Also, is there anyone out there making the hoods and bases for them?

Thanx

Originally posted by MacnReef

Incredible tank....Very Nice!

Is there anywhere to get those 2.5's online?  Also, is there anyone out there making the hoods and bases for them?

Thanx

i got mine at a petco for about 10 bucks.

congrats liquid....macnReef this picis from about 2 weks ago...i have since added a rock anemoneanda nother duster......but this is going into a dorm in 2 months so i am trying to keep it simple...oh and this was inspired by liquid and not trying to steal liqiuds thread here....if u want more pics ill post on a new thread but hear is one....

The Unit, is that a suncoral in your tank? Looks great. I found a tank today for like $8.57 and with the filter, heater and powerhead, it will be $40.18. Then I would just have to build a canopy and stand. I would like to put it in my basment on my wet bar! PM me some more shots so there is no thread stealing!;)

Acually just saw your sig, yes that is a tubastrea....also, please start a new thread, no need to PM, I am sure there is plenty of people out there that want to see your tank!

Liquid, I hope you don't mind. I used a couple of your pics to make a point on that "other reef board". They were stuck in the bigger is better, dumb to do a reef in anything less than 55, BS. Ifigured I could type a 1000 words on why they were wrong....but than I remebered a picture is worth a thousand words, and your tank pic was just right.

Good Job Man!!:)B)

Hey cool, thanks Chris.

Brianc_4, I caught that one, the "which tank size should I get?1?1?" thread, right? Nice job on rounding up some new nano-reefers.

deacon hemp
Originally posted by LiQuiD

I am taking it that you are using "deadly" as a compliment and not that the tank looks like it is dying, right???  Thanks [/b]

yes liquid i meant the good deadly and obviously not the sick dying type,your tank rawks and inspired me to try a small nano.Thanks and sorry it took so long for a reply i forgot i posted!

Hey LiQuiD,

do u feel a cleaner shrimp would be to big for a 2.5? i never liked peps as on killed some of my yellow polpys......so what about a small cleaner[or better yet some sexy shrimp-but im scared theyed be lunch for a rock anemone]

Cleaners don't get much bigger then peps so I think it would be no problem. They are much more colorful and would look nicer to boot. You may even see it more, if I never threw food in for the fish (and shrimp, crabs, etc) I would never see my pep, it hides all day when the lights are on and only runs out when flakes hit the water. I would go with a cleaner if I had it to do it over again. Hmmm, sexy's are cool also, tough one.

Liquid, yeah thats the thread, some people are still preaching that anything under 55 rhetoric, I won't be able to change their minds, but your picture may convince a few. good job again!!

Well the LFS guy around here is a major bigger is better preacher. We got into a major argument about that and I would of given good money to show him the pics of your tank. too bad they didn't have a pc at the store so I could let him gawk at your tank Liquid and danano's too. :) Some people can be so closed minded sometimes.

Archived