SaltCritters.com

2.5 gallon - 4th months old and I think it is complete! (for a week at least)

LiQuiD

Here is the modified lights (which is a very simple procedure). Notice the extra inch of light per bulb.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Liquid, Well I got 3 rics in my 2.5 for some reason I have not had time to post pics yet. I wanted to congratulate you on the 100 posts! And closing in on 4500 views!

JJ

reefan: When I chopped out my big Ric, I noticed 6 babies had started to grow under the old cap. I guess I will never be rid of the Ric's in mine. Thanks, I guess this has become quite a popular thread. I am gonna post some new pics in a week or so to show off the new SPS forrest. I'm adding 2 a week and should have some nice shots once everything is moved around. I am pushing toward the half year mark in a few weeks.

Keep'em comin' LiQuiD

We're way beyond 4 months - and it definitely isn't complete...

Enquiring minds want to know how SPS fare under your bookworms in another 6 months.

• 3 weeks later...

Palaegic: I will add more today. It is about 6 months now so I'll throw some up. The tank was not really ready for pics but I was bored so I took some shots. You will need to wait a few more months for SPS updatessince they have not been in the tank much over a month.

Adinsxq: That is hilarious. I feel like the poster child for nano-reef recruitment :D

Well, here are some new pics. I had to finally remove the huge Ricordia that was taking up too much real estate and have added several new inhabitants. So here we go. Enjoy.

Some really cool flouresent green 4 mouthed Ricordia I just added so it may look nicer in a few days. I really like these alot, even after saying "no more rics in this tank". There are also 4 babies of the old ric growing well that were proped when I chopped the big one out and moved to a larger tank.

Well, he has been in this tank for over 6 months from day one and has not grown a bit. He seems to always be trying to get into the picture (spunky little dude) so I figured I would give him his moment in the limelight and give hime a close up shot. Here is to the best nano-reef fish you could have. Hope he makes it another 6 months in there.

oh my golly...

tank of the month

tank of the month!

that red macro looks awsome against the white star polyps

Great shots LiQuiD. How is the chili doing? Looked like some shed sclerites on the substrate?

Hope all continues to go well. Really incredible stuff.

adinsxq: Thanks man.

heuerfan: Got it from a buddy at a LFS (Big shout out to Absolutely Fish, recently voted number one retail store in the US). Sadly to say, it was not ID'd and is just known as "Cool red macro stuff".

Palaegic: The chilli has been doing great for a couple months now since I got it with a little (very little) growth. It seems to always be shedding, but then again, the hermit seems to be constantly climbing over it and picking at it and the needles seem to be on the substrate after the climbing is over so I think that may have something to do with it. They do seem to grow back as fast as they fall off. Thanks again.

your tank looks great. i have a 2.5 minibow i have started and i am curious to know how you have the powerhead back behind the rock. do you aim it towards the rocks or have it on one side shooting accross the back. my is on the side of the tank and takes up too much room.

• 2 weeks later...

As an update and to let everyone know that temp. can kill, I lost a poccilapora and an acro today. One acro (4 pictures up) survived but the oter 2 (5 pictures up) were totally bleached and done when I got home tonight and realized it was pushing 92 in the tank. The temp. is currently 89 and everything else for some strange reason seem to not mind the temperature at all with the slight exception of my capanella that is somewhat not fully open.

Summer is here so watch your tanks, especially with touchy corals. I guess the AC's are going in tonight.

ADIN, I NEED THOSE FANS I THINK! PM ME!

Damn. Sorry to hear about that LiQuiD. But also appreciate your sharing what a matter of 10 degrees can mean.

I'm assuming that a micro chiller is either too physically large, or overkill huh?

Good luck getting the AC's in your windows.

Sorry to here about your inhabitants....

but otherwise you have a really mean lookin tank...DAMN

it nice...thumbs up X2 and one more if i had another hand.

Well the Peppermint Shrimp went ballistic today and decided it wanted to eat my green candycane. It took a couple hours but when all was said and done, the frag now only has one polyp and not 2 any longer. This really ####ed me off as that I really liked that frag and it is pretty lame looking now with just one polyp as long as it doesn't decide to eat the other one next. If only I could catch the little bastard, I'd let the cats fight over it.

liquid, I have found that most shrimp are not afraid of the arm in the tank. camels and cleaners and even peps have walked right up my arm. just rub a little flake food on the fingers and palm, lay it flat in the tank, near the shrimp, and it should come walking right over.

even the mantis will come out in broad daylight when it smells grub.

Hiya Liquid,

Didn't you have a purple pseudochromis in there? I checked out the other threads you listed, but couldn't find out why he's not in there anymore? Did it die or did you remove it?

Crak: The thing is on my arm, hand, & fingers everytime I put them in the tank. It is just when I try to grab it in my hand, the damn little lightining bolt zips to the other side of the tank in a nano-second. It is just too damn fast and I have too little room in the little tank to corner him.

Aeternum23: the purple Pseudo is in one of my 12 gallon tanks and is still very much alive.n mj

liquid, put some flake in a net and let it sit there. leave the net in the tank overnight for a day or two. the shrimp will eventually crawl into it and probably get tangled. if not, simply yank it out.

small spaces make it hard as hell to get things done in the tank.

Archived