Coral Vue Hydros

The new 75 is under way

o-nano

Thanks for the info!! It's very helpful. I believe that I will be running a Mag 9 as well on my return. I'm building my sump custom so maybe I can make some sort of bubble diffuser. Do you have a closed loop?

No closed loop. I am using 2 tunze nano-streams that I modded to create more flow. They run on a timer cycling the currents at 30 mins on and 15 minutes off. This allows both heads to be running alone for 15 and on together for 15 minutes. I get great alternating flow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its been some time since I updated my progress. I am currently fabricating a mounting arm for my Current Outer Orbit fixture. I have been frustrated with the height it sits at above the tank when using the legs. Unfortunately I have a very hight ceiling and so hanging from there is not an option. I have come up with an alternative hanging method using an arm I am fabricating out of rigid conduit. I got the idea frommy LFS. They had a cool mounting arm for a zero edge tank. Heres a link to the basic idea.

http://www.zeroedgeaquarium.com/Accessorie...ge=SLB1Brackets

If this worksI will finally have the light high enough to not have to remove it everytime I need to reach into the tank.

I should have it done late this evening. I'll post pics if it works.

I completed and mounted the bracket. It looks and works great. Total cost was about $25.00. The light is now safely hanging above the tank and I can easily reach in and do maintenance. Heres a few pics. Tell me what you think.

img3717it3.th.jpg

img3718cq8.th.jpg

img3719vx3.th.jpg

Thought I would post a few new pics of the 75. It is really coming along nicely. Still not a lot of fish but I am taking my time and waiting for the right ones. Currently I have a goby/pistol pair, a possum wrasse, and a female Scotts wrasse (she is waiting on her new boyfriend, hopefully another 1 to 2 weeks). Corals are doing well and I just moved my pride and joy from my 24NC over last week (7 head dendro, started as 2 ) and my blue rimmed squamosa.

My Absolute Favorite!!! You can't see all the heads from this angle.

img3729bf2.th.jpg

img3728pk2.th.jpg

img3725iz5.th.jpg

very nice looking setup!! love the colours :) i might have to copy your idea on that conduit pipe light hanger.. hope you don't mind!

you might want to rethink putting the tunze nanostreams on a timer. they weren't built for use on a timer, and they are pretty expensive pumps to burn out like that. there are other models of tunze pumps that can be put on a controller though.

Tim

you might want to rethink putting the tunze nanostreams on a timer. they weren't built for use on a timer, and they are pretty expensive pumps to burn out like that. there are other models of tunze pumps that can be put on a controller though.

Thanks for the looking out.... the Tunze's are set to specs that are approved by Tunze. They run 30 min at a time with a 15 minute rest. Tunze recommends they run at least 15 min so I am good to go.. They have been going strong for 9 months without issue.

• 2 weeks later...

The new male scotts is in and doing great!!! He is very active and the female took to him immediately. They stay out front all day!!! He is a juvenile male so not at his max color yet...with her in the tank he will be spectacular in time.

img3744xb7.th.jpg

My last additions will be a pair of onyx percs that will be coming home today. They will be the last 2 fish for the tank. Here is the final list of livestock once they go in:

2 Scotts Wrasse's

Pistol/Goby pair

Onyx perc pair

Possum Wrasse

Cleaner Shrimp

I have no plans to add anymore fish beyond this (yeah I know this has been said a million times by reefers everywhere). Bioload is light on purpose and I believe everyone will be happier because of it. Once the percs are in and feeling good I'll get a shot of them as well.

Well the clowns got their nem.... The female took a few days to venture into it. The male just swims on by....hopefully he'll dive in soon.

img3802hc3.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had the opportunity to learn how to work with acrylic from a local reefer. I decided to take the plunge and build myself a larger sump. I have it started and will post pictures when its done. The goal was to have a larger refugium and skimmer section. So far so good.

Here are the new sump pics as promised. It holds 25 gallons of water with a nice refugium section. I still need to get some sand for fuge but other than that it is good to go. This is the first sump I have ever built and it really came out great.

I went from this (All Glass Model 3)

img3807us5.jpg

To This

img3810du2.jpg

img3812rk7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got a pic of both clowns enjoying their new nem.

img3826hf0.jpg

I thought the nem was a goner about a week ago. He moved from his original spot and got swooped up in the current and ended up on my Tunze nanostream. Luckily my wifes quick reaction and very good (lucky) timing got the pump turned off and the nem pulled it self loose. By the next morning he was back in his original spot. I guess it learned that it had it pretty good where I put it. a few tentacles looked damaged but as of today it looks great. Disaster averted......

Archived