Coral Vue Hydros

The new 75 is under way

o-nano

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brain started to bleach. It went from deep red to an almost transluscent pink. He was on the bottom in the sand and was there for about 30 days and then over about 4 to 5 days he just lost the deep color. I guess the halides were too much. I moved him back to the nano since it is only PC's. He is looking very cramped back in the smaller tank. If the color returns, I will try to get it into a low light section in the 75 (not sure where one is...it's pretty bright in there).

I am thinking about moving my Squamosa Clam to the 75 to create more room for the brain. It should be able to handle the intensity of the halides (I hope) What do you think?? The tank has been running for a few months now so the water should be pretty stable. I also was thinking of freshwater dipping the clam and scrubbing its shell before the transfer just to be on the safe side with any parasites..etc. Will this be too much shock on the clam??

• 3 weeks later...

I added a new coral and then just decided to snap a few more pics.

Here's the new coral..Tubinaria Reniformis

img3135kt5.jpg

Here's a few others:

A Rosco frag from ORA and a Pocillopora

img3137ei4.jpg

img3136vf2.jpg

I have a new Pagoda cup that will be here on Friday. I'll snap a few shots of it over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good...Ive got a yello turb Im fixen to frag this weekend :)

Also got a Purple and green turb from FR but its just a frag and needs a year

or so of growing.

FTS requested when you get time... :D

Keep up the good work

Izzue

• 4 weeks later...

Had a few more additions....

img3367pm3.jpg

Rainsford Goby

img3368hu2.jpg

Possum Wrasse

The wrasse just cruises the rock and the goby hangs out front and center.

Both fish are not what you see a lot of which is always good. I am looking to add a mated pair of onyx clowns but would like a couple of other fish first. Any thoughts. Currently I have the Kole Tang, Rainsford, Possum, and a Neon Goby.

I added another new fish to the group....Orange Prawn Goby mated to a tiger pistol shrimp. I am not sure if I am going to add the mated pair of onyx clowns next or a kole tang?? Any hints would be appreciated. I have heard differing opinions on what fish to add last.

Enjoy a pic of the new goby

img3489se4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I scored a 75 gal this week :D

Long ways to go...but I got the contents of my other 3 tanks

20 + 18 + 10 gal...all in the tank Sunday and running.

Man what a JOb...

Ill start a post once I get a little further...right now its the most Geto thing

you have ever seen...lol

Izzue

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any more pics of hte sump? I'm about to purchase the same sump and I want to see how it flows. The pics i've seen online haven't been that good. Also did you get the sump drilled for the pumps?

Do you have any more pics of hte sump? I'm about to purchase the same sump and I want to see how it flows. The pics i've seen online haven't been that good. Also did you get the sump drilled for the pumps?

Here are a couple of sump pics. I drilled the sump myself using a hole saw. It was pretty easy.

I did not use the bioballs so I took the black eggcrate from that section and used it to block my chaeto and LR from moving around the sump so that it stays under the light..a make shift fuge basically.

img3686wi8.th.jpg

img3687dk4.th.jpg

thanks for the pics. I didn't even look at this post till this morning and last night when I got it I thought the same thing about using the egg grate as a makeshift wall. Did oyu keep that blue pad on the trickle thing?

also whats your thoughts of putting a HOB skimmer in the fuge area? with the sump and external pump I have no space left within the stand so I was thinking of building some sort of eggcrate wall so the skimmer didn't get any chaeto stuck in it and hanging it. My tank stand has an open back so it could work physically, just don't know the skimmer would be efficient

I use Pura-Pads in the top tray. My only concern with an HOB would be where are you drawing the water from. I have always read that your skimmer should draw water that is not run through any filtration. My skimmer pulls from the 1st chamber via a bulkhead and external pump. The water then overflows into the filtration pad and and through to the rest of the sump.

I got to ask. I got the same sump and I've suffering from a horrible case of microbubbles that seem to be originating from when the water falling through the pad. Did you have the same problem or is it just my new pump breaking in?

I got to ask. I got the same sump and I've suffering from a horrible case of microbubbles that seem to be originating from when the water falling through the pad. Did you have the same problem or is it just my new pump breaking in?

If I run my Mag 9.5 at full blast I get bubbles. I turn it down via a valve restricting the flow back to the display. No bubbles...

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...
Deleted User 7

Hey! Great tank! I just wanted to ask real quick (im starting a 75 soon), what is the max flow that the built in overflow will handle? I'm assuming that is the Megaflow overflow on an aga.

Its rated for 600GPH. I found I get microbubbles throught my sump when I move the water that quickly. I have it running at about 500GPH. The issue is more with my sump than it is the overflow. I have a MAG 9 returning the water from the sump and the overflow handled it fine even at 100% but the water moved too quickly throught the sump for the micro bubbles to dissipate.

Deleted User 7

Thanks for the info!! It's very helpful. I believe that I will be running a Mag 9 as well on my return. I'm building my sump custom so maybe I can make some sort of bubble diffuser. Do you have a closed loop?

• 2 weeks later...
aka_aquaman1329
I came into the room today and the 75 was just popping with color...had to take a pic. Happy Memorial Day!!!

img3487fm1.jpg

how much did the tanks and sump cost u

Archived