Tigahboy

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The acanthastrea corner! So far just acan lord, hillae, and echinatas

0121b.jpg

Rainbow acan

0121a.jpg

Even my hi fin red banded goby loves the acan!

0121c.jpg

Lol, so we're on what, our 4th, 5th thread now? Lets try to keep this on point so it doesn't become 50 bajillion pages long too, j/k :P

Those acan's are nuts. Everytime I look at your tank I get a little bit closer to trying to buy one :|

Just wanted to share some older pics of my tank. It has transformed a lot!

August 2004

progress816.jpg

September 2004

progress921.jpg

October 2004

progress1026.jpg

November 2004

progress1118.jpg

December 2004

progress1129.jpg

January 2005

progress0120.jpg

lgoins: haha. I definetly don't have unlimited funds (just a student). but thanks for the compliment!

kabal2 - thank you very much for the kind words.

Vic - I'm gonna try to conserve space and only post responses when I post pics...and they'll be combined. =)

My small 2 headed frogspawn under PC actinics and taken w/ a 2MP point n shoot camera. Photo taken on 9-18-04

frog92104.jpg

My frogspawn as of today under 250w DE 20K MH, now w/ 4 heads and 4 baby heads and taken w/ an upgraded 4MP Nikon 4100 plus tripod

0110f.jpg

Oh my Tigahboy. That tank is looking better and better dude. Those Acans are the most beautiful things I have seen. Your tank is superb.

Geez, absolutly beautiful. I hope I can get mine to look even half as good as that one day. I just turned mine into a reef after I saw all the great looking tanks on here, especially yours!

I see you have quite a few SPS....I'm converting a 30 gallon hex to a SPS dominant tank, so the question is what are you dosing and how are you doing it? Skimming?

Tigah, you make me sick ;) ...

Beautiful tank, I don't need to brush your ego any more than everybody already has lol...great job, how come the latest addition isn't on this thread??? I thought you were excited about it!

Tigah,

your tank is great! :bling:

I was wondering what type of salt you use as well as any suppliments you add to the water. could you give us a rough schedule of when you do the doses and water changes?

Thanks!

Baylisc

D

Had to drop in and say whats up. The tank progression shots are great! I bet you can't believe how far its come.

check yo PM...

Maintenance & Dosing Schedule

Sundays - Seachem's Reef Plus, Reef Carbonate, and Reef Complete (in that order, 15 minutes space between)

Wednesdays - the same as above.

Fridays - test for calc & alk, and ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, pH, salinity, and sometimes phosphates

Saturdays - weekly water changes - Catalina store bought water

Mondays - optional - another water change

Once I get my RO/DI unit working, I plan to mix my own saltwater w/ Tropic Marin brand salt.

Every other day - Kent Algae scraper and mag-float w/ cloth inbetween to lessen scratches.

Once a month - replace chemipure and Poly Filter pads

Feeding Schedule

Every other day - Lights on - Frozen enriched brine/mysis

Every other day - Light off - Cyclo-peez (liquid or dry), mysis

Once a week - Marine Snow, DT's (but I'm gonna try another brand soon)

Thanks everyone for the kinds words!

Pili4444 - Cherub angel is now out of my tank. I got too paranoid...he behaved when I had him tho.

honestly I cant wait to see how your 65 turns out...I think it will be completly insane, but I'm sure you will be eating top ramen and cup of noodles for the rest of your law school carrer once you start stocking it!

Better yet, once you get a mega $$ job at one of those LA firms you can have an in-wall 500 gallon or even create your own public reef aquarium that you charge people $20 bucks to come see.

Archived