inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

tbr1.jpg

I know it's not 2005 yet, but just figured I'd start a new thread now to track my progress into more "exotic" and "rare" corals...or at least I hope they are in order to justify the ridiculous prices I'm going to be paying for them. haha. Besides, my previous thread was getting WAY too long and kinda hard to navigate thru.

Anyways, I know we all go thru phases and I'm definitely feeling the urge to transition into nice SPS and rare LPS. So my "New Year's Resolution" is to stop buying zoo's, rics, shrooms, and all the other stuff I've been making my weekly purchases on...and try to save and spend on the more "rare" species (whatever that means).

So hope y'all will stay tuned and see the changes my tank will soon undergo (I may even upgrade to larger system w/in a few months) and if you know of any corals that are supposedly coveted or rare, please share so I can add them to my wishlist.

Peace,

anclown1.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbr2.jpg

Got 2 of the 3 above today and the other just yesterday. I have 2 more that I need to take pictures of, and will post those later.

So at least I have 3 frags of "rare" coral to start w/...hopefully y'all will see many more within the next few months. More pics to come come out within the next few days! =)

Dude Tigahboy your tank gets better and better as days go by. Did you get those new corals at LFS or via mail? By the way, are you still curing your LR, like me? Haha.

Thanks! I got these thru shipping..but from private acan or sps raisers/traders. My LR is still in the curing process...But when they are ready, I'll post my newly aquascaped LR up in here.

ok ok ok...I have a CRAZY addiction!

But I didnt post this thread to talk about my mental health. *points to new corals* these guys should be the focus...not me! hahah.

MiniReefin. Hahah....yeah...we all get the itch sooner or later. sigh.

Thanks for posting a comment that is not related to my alleged "insanity"! hahah.

Thanks for checkin them out, ccjung!

Originally posted by bladze

damn too many people using 150W.  I'll create a thread selling 150W AB and mega chrome bulbs and dual 150W hqi.

??? huh? :blink: he has 250w DE

tigah,

what kind of pipes/fitting/tubing did you use to plumb your SCWD with? What would you say your turnover rate is in there?

thanks,

B

Originally posted by Tigahboy

tbr2.jpg

Got 2 of the 3 above today and the other just yesterday.  I have 2 more that I need to take pictures of, and will post those later.

So at least I have 3 frags of "rare" coral to start w/...hopefully y'all will see many more within the next few months.  More pics to come come out within the next few days!  =)

i love that echino:woot: if only im not that far off from you i would trade a frag of my red one for that hot pink:P

how big is that little guy?

from where im from we get big ugly pieces:( and they dun come very often either

Dude......

Yea I don't know what to say? I am now convinced you sleep next to the tank with like one arm in it so your livestock isen't lonely, posting at the same time with the other arm and flipping through the study books with the feet only stopping to answer the door for fex-ex deliveries of more corals. your girlfriend hates you for this hobby dosen't she.

Would methadone help him..... naw he is tooo far gone!

Looks sweet man

Archived