1. 1. Christmas Fragswap

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. When?

• as sheduled
    • wait until after the holidays
    • not at all

Atlantis Reef

Are we ever going to do another frag swap? Christmas is almost here and I would love to do this again!!! And I can help with it. So what do we think all???

UPDATE WITH GUIDELINES

Hello!

Happy Holidays Nano-Reef.com! If you'd like to participate in the 2008 "SECRET SANTA " please read the following:

Here's the basic idea if you're unfamiliar with the game.

1. The names of the participants go into a pool.

2. Each participant is randomly assigned someone to send a package to!

Update #1:

(old news)

To make this as easy as possible, NO LIMITS on "value of coral." Holiday spirit people... give what you can. Don't complain about what you got. Please realize that if you participate, I'm going to have to collect contact info from you (name, address, phone)

ALSO, the list needs to be finalized soon. Packages need to be in the mail before the carriers get bogged down.

Update #2:

* -Deadline for entering this is 12 midnight EST, Sun. 12/7.

* -You will be PM'ed with shipping info for the person you are to ship frags to by Dec. 8

* -Shipments are to be sent out OVERNIGHT on either mon. 12/15 or Tues. 12/16

* -Only 1 frag is required to be part of this, but if you can send more, that's great!

* -You must have a stable system that is AT LEAST 7 MONTHS OLD to participate

* -Please let me know whether the frag/s you are sending require Metal Halide lighting or whether they are PC compatible. Please also let me know what kind of lighting you have on your system. That way we can ensure that an sps frag isn't sent to someone with PC lighting.

PLEASE PM ME, WITH YOUR INFO.

Include your shipping address and the info on lighting requirements for the frags you're sending and what kind of system lighting you have.

Update #3:

(Double the cheer!)

Also, if any of you out there have enough frags to do it, you have the option of entering twice. This would mean you would be sending out two different Secret Santa frag packages and would receive two different ones as well. Keep in mind you would have to pay to ship out two packages, which tends to run $21-$25 for USPS Express overnight shipping, for each package.

If anyone wants to do this, let me know.

Thanks for playing!

Update #4:

(shipping info & tips)

One of the requirements for this is that all frags be sent out to the recipient by overnight mail. USPS Express will work fine for this in most cases, but there may be one or two instances where USPS Express can't get it there overnight. When this happens, either UPS Next Day or FedEx will need to be used, and they are more expensive. I haven't checked recently, but I think they run $35-$40 instead of the $21-$25 for USPS Express.

Please don't let lack of shipping experience stop you.

Shipping only SOUNDS scary, I promise you that in reality it's not that complicated. I'm gonna post a quick 'n easy shipping tutorial on this thread later this afternoon, but here's some quick info on where to get supplies:

* -Boxes: Wal-Mart, 6x6 or 7x7

* -Bags & 40 hr. Heat Packs: www.kensfish.com

* -Box insulation material: Home Depot, Lowes, Michael's or any other hardware store or craft store

There's some good fragging and shipping info on these two threads from NR's own Mayor Awesome:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

I *personally* find the easiest way to ship is to buy little styrofoam bait coolers and heat packs from the outdoors dept of Menards, Lowes, Fleet Farm, etc. Tape the heat pack to the lid of the bait cooler, don't let it come in contact with the bags. I put everything together in the bait cooler along with the address I am shipping to and go to a pack and ship store. In my experience when I tell them what I am sending they pack it extra well for me. Just my .02.

Kensfish is a great place to order supplies.

Remember to add heat packs and waive those sigs Thanks DT for heads up on this

Update #5:

(Shipping Guide)

If you're new to shipping, or need a refresher... click on the following link!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1382994

For USPS information... click this:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1383221

PLEASE ADD TO THE RUNNING LIST AND MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION (NAME & ADDRESS) IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE.

SO FAR THESE ARE THE FOR SURE PEOPLE IN THAT READ GUIDELINES

List so far

Atlantis Reef

GIRLGONEAQUA

colgan10

bad ed

Phiber_optikx

nanoreefnate

pismo_reefer

revaltion131-pending address

angelscbishop

SteveT

jerzsky

willyboy

AlexNUFC

Read rules all and pm me all the info so I can get this done in the next 2 weeks

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Atlantis Reef

Im ready when anyone else is but I need to get this set up with admins here and set a date keep votes coming all Just like a secret santa until you receive frags. Alot of us have done this before and I personnel and hope others will say have gotten some awesome swaps!! if any questions feel free to pm me or post here

Atlantis Reef

this is a swap like secret santa you do not know who you are getting stuff from and they are shipped to you. Everyone who is interested plz pm me so I can get a list started with your address for shipping also so when the secret santas are set I can pm to the shippers all info. If you want to send phone numbers that is fine also up to you

I will be posting guidelines and links to shipping how to's very soon Soon as weetabix gets back to me

I'm interested, I'll have to get the stuff together for shipping but that wouldn't be too hard. What are people looking for? I mostly have zoas and palys, so I don't want to disappoint any sps or lps only guys.

The Propagator
No.

My life is nuts and I'm not even remotely up to this right now.

Empty your PM box....

Trying to find out how you and Suzy-Q are doing.

Ok once again I'm in this. Also you should get the info from people on what type of lighting they have so we don't accidently send SPS to a tank with PC lighting.

Atlantis Reef

Thats why I posted the guidelines in first post plz all who want to be part of this read guidelines and pm the info to me

Archived