Top Shelf Aquatics

Liz's Fusion 10- NEW 6/17

Elizabeth94

Elizabeth94

Im pretty sure I have to pay for it, nothings free haha.

Yes, def a dangerous hobby. Even if you are the safest driver you need to worry about everyone else. My cousin got in a bad acicdent and burned half of his face. He also lost an eye. Thankful it was nothing worse.

I was going to like your post, but I cant like the fact you lost three friends :/

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most states have free motorcycle safety courses although I don't know about Rhode Island. If they do, I highly recommend it. I was an experienced motorcyclist as a teen and had been driving a car for 20 years before I got my first street motorcycle. The safety course gave so many helpful tips to equip the rider to be vigilant and have an edge on safety. I have lost 3 friends in motorcycle accidents and it is a very dangerous hobby. For me however, I love it and am willing to take the risks.

I used to ride (only for a couple of years), and lost a good friend to it as well. I can understand your love for it--I just don't trust all the shitty drivers in my area.

Elizabeth94

Very neat. I had no idea such a thing existed. Just crazy if you realky think about it.

Thanks for that video. Ill have to check out more strange things, lets see where youtube takes me lmao

Well you might enjoy this muhahahahaah

Elizabeth94

First, let me apologize for the crappy photo once again, but its all you are getting :happy:

I am getting close to removing all the sand. Here is a "right after" shot. All angry corals in this picture. This was done with a 90%water change. As you can see, I still have small clumps of hair algae, and my turbo snail has been focusing on the glass. Do they eat it when it is fluffy like this? Or do I need to trim it for him?

That birdsnest at the top cut me in a few places. I can't believe how pointy they are. The green birdsnest on the left is growing crazy, I love it so much.

20160426_151755_zpspqhwkvie.jpg

First, let me apologize for the crappy photo once again, but its all you are getting :happy:

I am getting close to removing all the sand. Here is a "right after" shot. All angry corals in this picture. This was done with a 90%water change. As you can see, I still have small clumps of hair algae, and my turbo snail has been focusing on the glass. Do they eat it when it is fluffy like this? Or do I need to trim it for him?

That birdsnest at the top cut me in a few places. I can't believe how pointy they are. The green birdsnest on the left is growing crazy, I love it so much.

Looks amazing Elizabeth! I love the sticks up top :)
Elizabeth94

Thank you :)

I noticed that my sps are growing really well, but the acro on the top right is getting a little lighter than usual. The polyps are still bright green, but the skin is getting much lighter. I think it is because I cut my feeding down to like once every four days. I will be feeding much more and doing more water changes. Ill see what happens.

I just didn't want to feed the algae so I cut down a ton on feeding. My sps have great color when I dose that Fuel stuff, but I have been scared to add more because it always causes algae problems. Maybe Ill add half a ml tonight.

Looks amazing Elizabeth! I love the sticks up top :)

Thank you :)

I noticed that my sps are growing really well, but the acro on the top right is getting a little lighter than usual. The polyps are still bright green, but the skin is getting much lighter. I think it is because I cut my feeding down to like once every four days. I will be feeding much more and doing more water changes. Ill see what happens.

I just didn't want to feed the algae so I cut down a ton on feeding. My sps have great color when I dose that Fuel stuff, but I have been scared to add more because it always causes algae problems. Maybe Ill add half a ml tonight.

I hear ya. I just use 4 drops of selcon 1x day. The corals seem to like it better than when I'm not using it so I'll keep at it. But yea the algae :lol:

New green birdsnest.

20160314_114615-1_zpsz9xmp3dg.jpg

TERRIBLE picture of the acro, but it really is in an awful spot for close ups with a phone. Just realized when comparing this to some of the photos I took two weeks ago that it is starting to branch in a another spot. Probably one od my fastest growing corals I have currently.

20160314_114631-1_zps2avzpuv7.jpg

Happy Torch, getting too big for its own good. I am dreading the day it will have to be fragged.

20160314_114703_zpscxey6ple.jpg

Top down

20160314_124701_zpssah5zycm.jpg

Unknown happy coral. I think it is a mini version of acan lords. But they are soooo small, not really sure what the scientific name would be.

20160314_114710_zpsoa7920ou.jpg

20160311_234710-1_zpstgpgy1zw.jpg

I'm waaaay behind, and not sure if anyone answered - but they look like micromussa to me.

Looking good!!! I used to have a colony of that mint pavona. It's a great coral, but definitely likes lower light. I actually ended up trading it in after slightly burning it a bit with the new light a couple months ago. It's a good grower and I think the shape is really cool!

Elizabeth94

Looking good!!! I used to have a colony of that mint pavona. It's a great coral, but definitely likes lower light. I actually ended up trading it in after slightly burning it a bit with the new light a couple months ago. It's a good grower and I think the shape is really cool!

Lower light you say? Ill have to keep an eye on it and make sure its not burning over there.

Thanks so much!

Elizabeth94

So.. I hurt my torch coral pretty bad today and now I feel bad..

I took my long scrapper out to clean the glass and accidentally hit one of the heads of the torch with it because apparently I wasn't paying attention.. I didn't hit the side of the head either, I literally drove the scrapper right into the mouth of one head. I heard a loud crunching noise when it happened... Of course it is all bunched up now and I am worried.

I hope it is okay by morning. I took it out and dipped it in iodine for a few mins, and took the opportunity to mount it further to the left so that my sps have room to grow.

I can't get the crunching and cracking noises out of my head. Awful to hear that coming from the skeleton of a fleshy lps coral.

Eeek! I can't like that post :(

Hopefully it will be OK after it heals up. We cut them into pieces to frag them, after all. Although we don't usually cut the head itself. Oh dear :wacko:

Lower flow and perhaps some spot feeding and it should be ok. I've heard that awful sound before, similar accident, and mine recovered.

Elizabeth94

It is still early in the morning and the torch seems like it is opening up okay. It looks a little pissed off, but the tentacles are about half way out, so I am not too worried anymore.

I picked up some plain acans yesterday. I would say they have about 13 heads that I can count. I only paid $29 for them since. They are purplish with a green ring inside them. However, you can't see it from my awful picture haha.

20160430_100934_zpssaondj1m.jpg

Why do everyones acans look better than mine? The heads of the ones I have never expand and extend like that. :) Mine always stay like the colony on the left side of that picture. I wonder if there are different species or varieties yet to be identified?

Elizabeth94

The ones on the left are a different species, they are not Lords. I think stella identified them on this page of my thread, or the page before. Im on my phone so I cant tell right now.

I remember when I had my last tank my acans were never as fluffy as the ones I have now. I was just buying the "wrong" ones. I also noticedthe ones on the left always have their feeders out, and they are much longer than my acan Lords

Why do everyones acans look better than mine? The heads of the ones I have never expand and extend like that. :) Mine always stay like the colony on the left side of that picture. I wonder if there are different species or varieties yet to be identified?

Elizabeth94

PICTURES. Ten mins after a feeding of mysis. All of the acan heads got a taste, and the new acans opened up for more right after. I also noticed the favia looked more hungry than usual so I target fed it (which I haven't done in months).

After photos...

NEW acans, you can see the green rings I was talking about a bit better.

20160430_153625_zpslwzroluh.jpg

These guys are always hungry. They also attacked one of my can Lords today :angry:

20160430_153651_zpstzmuukra.jpg

Favia AFTER eating.

20160430_153713_zpscrjwvs7f.jpg

Torch making a fast recovery

20160430_153925_zpsbwdretqg.jpg

MORE BABIES?! I see five total.

20160430_153846_zpspiydofyw.jpg

20160430_153704_zpsjxjotpt8.jpg

The coral are looking great. I am glad to hear that the torch seems to be rebounding after its 'ahem', little incident. Actually I accidently scraped my male seahorse once with the scraper and he had a white brush burn on his back for weeks.

They look great! Hopefully you won't have to separate the acan lords from the other ones. I had always heard that different kinds of acans won't get along if they are too close together.

Elizabeth94

Thanks guys. I am quite happy because I couldn't keep acans for a long time in my last tank. They always melted. I find that this small tank it so much easier to care for.

Yet another reason why I need to upgrade soon. I an having a hard time picking out coral at the store because I am running out of room!

They look great! Hopefully you won't have to separate the acan lords from the other ones. I had always heard that different kinds of acans won't get along if they are too close together.

reefernanoman

PICTURES. Ten mins after a feeding of mysis. All of the acan heads got a taste, and the new acans opened up for more right after. I also noticed the favia looked more hungry than usual so I target fed it (which I haven't done in months).

After photos...

NEW acans, you can see the green rings I was talking about a bit better.

20160430_153625_zpslwzroluh.jpg

These guys are always hungry. They also attacked one of my can Lords today :angry:

20160430_153651_zpstzmuukra.jpg

Favia AFTER eating.

20160430_153713_zpscrjwvs7f.jpg

Torch making a fast recovery

20160430_153925_zpsbwdretqg.jpg

MORE BABIES?! I see five total.

20160430_153846_zpspiydofyw.jpg

20160430_153704_zpsjxjotpt8.jpg

Looking good! The Acans look happy.

Elizabeth94

Thank you! They happy little piggies. They just want to eat eat eat. :rolleyes: I need to pick up more mysis, but I might try some chopped krill next.

Looking good! The Acans look happy.

Archived