Coral Vue Hydros

What "grinds your gears"

Gooburz

HecticDialectics

I had a rough day at high school, no way college is easy.

Tdanhauser, that sounds like an awful day :(

school's stressful man

College is extremely easy. Kids just don't have work ethic.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The makeshift lounge and all who suggest a thread in general discussion to be in the lounge grinds my gears.

That place is a gawdamn cesspool. Sorry for suggesting you go there.

Getting my engineering degree was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

Things that are pissing me off now, this goddamn molar of mine and weekend dentist rates ( actually dentist rates in general). If only I would have listened to my parents and not chewed ice and flossed more often ( ever ). People who wait until I'm 50 feet from them then pull into traffic. Things in the hobby that piss me off, nothing really. If coral is too expensive I don't buy it, if someone ask for advice and doesn't take it them f*ck them, if their looks like $hit then whatever.

Things that are pissing me off now, this goddamn molar of mine and weekend dentist rates ( actually dentist rates in general). If only I would have listened to my parents and not chewed ice and flossed more often ( ever ). People who wait until I'm 50 feet from them then pull into traffic. Things in the hobby that piss me off, nothing really. If coral is too expensive I don't buy it, if someone ask for advice and doesn't take it them f*ck them, if their looks like $hit then whatever.

Flossing, man. . . you cannot skip it of you want to keep your teef.

it's not a lack of work ethic, it's simply very difficult and stressful, sleep deprivation, tough tests, school bullys, teachers bullying students, horribly short due dates, boat loads of homework, filthy students not washing hands and spreading their diseases, gum piles under desks, algabra 2, school's stressful man, and gross.

Wish to god I was 16 again. 40 married, terrible job, kids, bills, mortgage, car payments, medical insurance, taxes it sucks ass. Looking back high school and college was a breeze. (that might have something do do with me dropping out of both.) but like you I thought it was the worst time of my life and couldnt wait to grow up. Man you are a very smart kid, kinda strange but very smart. Keep on being young and enjoy it. Before you know it you are a grumpy old man complaining about LED prices on some fish nerd forum.

why'd you drop out?

Why? Hard things are hard.

lol so true

That place is a gawdamn cesspool. Sorry for suggesting you go there.

thank you for agreeing, I forgive you :)

Getting my engineering degree was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

I should have clarified a little more, its a small private liberal arts college. I went there, got a degree in mathematics and education, it's not that hard.

Challenge yourself more.

I graduated from a top univ. with a mechanical engineering degree a few years ago. Let me put one thing straight about engineering. College engineering is like learning every single marine life's scientific name and then post-college professional engineering (i.e. a job) is like trying to keep every single one alive.

That's probably a really ridiculous analogy, but my point is while getting an engineering degree is hard, working as an engineer is harder.

So I agree. Being an professional engineer is ALL about continuous learning.

righttirefire

When you tear the house apart looking for your beer and the gf claims she didn't take it. But she really did!

When you tear the house apart looking for your beer and you find it on the patio. Than you take a swig and realize it was the beer you were looking for 2 nights ago......man i need to stop drinking :lol:

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I also hate when "friends" don't ever reply back to texts and emails.

Welcome to my life.

I also hate when "friends" don't ever reply back to texts and emails.

#### them not real friends

Welcome to my life.

again #### them

#### them not real friends

again #### them

true that, usually if they do that twice without good excuse I simply never try to communicate with them again.

Welcome to my life.

its no fun

Who emails their friends? Kids are weird.

emails are nice, but I only have ever used google hangouts for Texting since it's totally free

I graduated from a top univ. with a mechanical engineering degree a few years ago. Let me put one thing straight about engineering. College engineering is like learning every single marine life's scientific name and then post-college professional engineering (i.e. a job) is like trying to keep every single one alive.

That's probably a really ridiculous analogy, but my point is while getting an engineering degree is hard, working as an engineer is harder.

So I agree. Being an professional engineer is ALL about continuous learning.

I'd use two different words to describe getting a degree and working as an engineer.

Getting an engineering degree is definitely hard. My circuits class's syllabus, for example, said that 60% of those who attempt the final have to retake the class. I looked around and thought, "those odds aren't too bad." By the time the end of the semester came around and we get ready to take the final, less than half the class is left. So in reality, <20% of those that were there on day one successfully passed the class (C- or better). Electronics class was like that as well. It's not like Newtonian physics where you can at least check your answer with what you witnessed all your life; does the answer make sense? I've never seen an electron move, so it wasn't intuitive at first. After a while you get there, but it is hard getting there.

I wouldn't describe working as an engineer as hard, but more like "challenging". . .in a rewarding kind of way. You work difficult problems (most that haven't been worked before . . .ever) with the world's smartest people. You are working there because you belong (no one is trying to weed you out, like in college). It is a subtle difference in words, but the connotation is definitely different.

HecticDialectics

true that, usually if they do that twice without good excuse I simply never try to communicate with them again.

its no fun

emails are nice, but I only have ever used google hangouts for Texting since it's totally free

Have you considered that the people you're messaging aren't actually your friends?

Archived