Coral Vue Hydros

ML's 40 Fusion! Upgrade Enroute

ml86743

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great looking tank! is your Fairy Wrasse still alive? mine jumped out of my tank...

Yes he is:) Really nice addition...although I noticed a weird look bump on his lower lip today:( Still eating and swimming around as usual...Just a weird little thing..hope he's okay. I think he thinks my fire fish is another wrasse..I always see him swimming circles around her with his fins all spread out! Thanks for the kind words about the tank..all I need is to figure out whats going with my corals and were all set..

charnelhouse

Is he a Fairy or a Flasher? Kind of hard to tell without full display, but looks a lot like the flasher wrasses of the Carpenter's/McCosker's/Filamented/Yellowfin etc. group.

I have a Yellowfin Flasher in my Fusion 40. He's kind of a dick. Not too bad, but definitely thinks he owns the joint.

• 3 weeks later...

Is he a Fairy or a Flasher? Kind of hard to tell without full display, but looks a lot like the flasher wrasses of the Carpenter's/McCosker's/Filamented/Yellowfin etc. group.

I have a Yellowfin Flasher in my Fusion 40. He's kind of a dick. Not too bad, but definitely thinks he owns the joint.

He's a flasher!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made it down to Jacksonville for school...Leaving the tank was hard! I already miss it so much...Its been awhile since I've updated too. I basically lost every single SPS for some unknown reason. Literally all just bailed out...so that sucked but I finally think whatever has been going on is done and over with...MY frogspawn looked really good before I left, getting its color back and starting to extend fully which is awesome. Other than that my fishies and inverts are all doing well:) When I head home for winter break I think I'll give a birdsnest a shot and see if I get some better results with the SPS. My prized Bird of Paradise ate it and that was the worsttt......So much growth and now nothing to show for it. I'll take what I've learned and hopefully get a nice colony going again...Wish I knew why they all went but I guess I'll never know. When I get back during winter the tank will be 1yr! :)

What are you studying to be? Too bad you had to leave the tank.

Marine Science is my major :):):)

Who takes care of the tank while you are at school??

My mom! She knows what she's doing...and the guy who lives below us has a couple very nice tanks so my mom can always ask him!

I hope you can get a good job in your studies :)

Me too! But at this point...I've decided I wanted to do something that I actually have a passion for..not just something to make money. In the end, yes we all want to be financially successful but I believe that if you're able to develop a true identity in whatever it is you may do, that's true "success". :) Miss my fishiesssssss:(

Me too! But at this point...I've decided I wanted to do something that I actually have a passion for..not just something to make money. In the end, yes we all want to be financially successful but I believe that if you're able to develop a true identity in whatever it is you may do, that's true "success". :) Miss my fishiesssssss:(

it's good to get a job you like enough to do it well, after all if you hate your job, why would you do your best?

Take a shadowing of someone in the career and see if that is what you want ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Mom just trimmed the xenia way back ;) Haha so I hear the tanks doing well, still have some zoas acting up..but what are ya gonna do..ricordeas are growing like crazy my mom said!

• 2 months later...

Welp! Almost time to head home...I'll be making the 13 hour drive in early December. From the pictures I've seen the tank is doing great! Good growth from everything in there...SO I thinkin I'm gonna try some easy SPS again when I get back..maybe another monti or something..only one or two frags doe..Id like to pick up some more acans too...hopefully I wont have a mass die off again come next summer but we'll just have to wait and see. The tank will be a year old on Decemebr 4th! Its funny...I never knew how much you could miss a fish tank hahah!

• 1 month later...

How I've missed this...Here are a couple photos I took today. My tripod is broken so I cant really take any good quality shots just now...But It's so nice to kick back and enjoy my tanks again. We're considering upgrading to something bigger...running out of room in the 40 bigtime. Now, the tank hasn't ended up exactly how I've envisioned..but so far I consider it an extremely successful attempt for me personally. Its almost 100% LPS/softie dominated and I originally wanted a mixed reef. We had success until the SPS meltdown...but its all part of the learning experience. Ill put an FTS up maybe tomorrow or something.

Enjoy 23854763955_c21208c1ff_c.jpgIMG_1745 by Ty D, on Flickr

23227950443_d469d923ac_c.jpgIMG_1734 by Ty D, on Flickr​

23227951553_d401221e29_c.jpg[url=https://flic.kr/​

• 2 weeks later...

I've been discussing a tank upgrade with my parents...I WANT the cadlights 45g shallow...I looooveeee it. Any ideas though? I like Cadlights because they provide you with a sump..plumbing..stand..that kinda stuff. Looking forward to some input!

As for the tank...I splurged and got a pearly jawfish pair...They have made their burrow on the left side of the tank which is awesome because all the other fish stay mostly towards the right :) Boy are they cool to watch...I decided they needed a larger sandbed to make their home so I threw a piece of PVC in and buried it with about 3-4 inches of sand. Its amazing watching them work...some really cool stuff. I'll get some pictures soon:)

MORE PICTURES!!

These are my favorite zoas in the tank...they have a brown skirt with a pale blue disc and a pink mouth. I call em gorilla nipples:) To the left you can the the litho(I think) I lost and its slowly coming back.

24086493106_372422f926_b.jpgzooz by Ty D, on Flickr

Today's theme was topdown shots. Trachy says hello:)

23485788423_8846efe048_b.jpgtrachy1 by Ty D, on Flickr

This ones my favorite for today's session.

24004486722_d2c99c8f32_b.jpgtopdown by Ty D, on Flickr

I dont give this frogspawn enough love...When my tank was going through some stuff this little guy was just about on his last leg...but he is also recovering nicely !

23485790653_b83be1c090_b.jpgFS by Ty D, on Flickr

Last, i picked up the nem for 20 bucks...and boy under Dave's lights it has colored up so well...Its like a rainbow! NANOBOX for lyfeeeeee. Thats in my IM10 fusion...which I have decided will become a tank strictly dedicated to nems!

23816925990_dd0cdf21ee_b.jpgcarpet nem by Ty D, on Flickr

ALSO, had to give one sps a shot...found my favorite (setosa) and had to buy it...That will be the only SPS i the forty. Last one I had did very well until the SPS epidemic haha. NNJOY

SO...Defiantly upgrading. I think I'm gonna go with a cadlight versa series, specifically the 45 shallow. Any ideas?

Upgrading right before school?

I would look into the red sea reefers or SCA before cadlights :)

Upgrading right before school?

I would look into the red sea reefers or SCA before cadlights.

Hahah nah I'd wait till summer...but I'd like to get all the stuff in place...I love Red Sea's stuff.. so damn expensive. The 54 is like 1300 beans mann, though they are awesome tanks.

Archived