inTank Media Baskets

Urbanek's 250

urbaneks

I use a porthole viewer from avast. Turn on as much light as you can and set your iso and aperture so that your shutter speed is at least 1/30th of a second. That will overcome shaking. I always hand hold my top downs.

Awesome. I've been looking into getting a porthole for the camera but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Even with all those big name corals the Forest Fire is still my fav. Do you keep yours near the sand bed? Seems like they like a little less light to get the green base

uwdanno - You are correct. There are just a few of those corals that are must haves and the Forest Fire is one of those.

Awesome. I've been looking into getting a porthole for the camera but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

TheKleinReef - Glad you liked the reply. The Porthole is well worth the money. I consider it a reefing tool at this point.

Unreal! Your tank is truly and inspiration to all of us. I am now thinking, 365 project for my drop off. Just to cool to see!

Keep it up!

-Dave

Dave - I'd love to see you do a Project 365, they are a lot of work, a huge commitment but a project worth the work.

September 26th, 2016 - Photo Update

It's been a week since my last update, here are a few recent shots of the tank.

Hum%20meets%20Slimer_zps0xptioyu.jpg

Humilis meets Slimer - My ORA Slimer has made many appearances over the past 9 months but this may be the nicest shot of it yet. I love the color and detail in the slimer and then the contrast to the Purple Humils really makes it pop. Both of these corals are mounted high and get lots of light and flow.

Midnight_zpswmovq7lx.jpg

Midnight Stag - What this coral lacks in color, it makes up for in the texture of the skin and rapid growth. I recommend you zoom in to really see the detail in this coral. I have this mounted high in the aquarium, it gets flooded with light and flow.

DeepWater_zpsgohw2ghi.jpg

Deep Water Acro - This is yet another coral given to me by one of our local reefers. It looks a lot like a Myagi Tort to me. I think I have this coral a bit higher than it needs to be. If I were to lower it, I think I could pull more green out of the base.

KickAss_zpsmffmesvy.jpg

Cherry Corals - Kick A$$ Horrida - Today's post is of a coral from Cherry Corals. I really wish that I could view this coral in the same fashion as this top down because it's pretty stunning. From the side, you miss all of that polyp goodness.

TriColor_zps032dhp0d.jpg

Here is a post is of my Tri Color which is a bit odd, cause it's not much of 2 colors let alone 3. It's a nice coral all the same, especially viewed top down like this.

PB_zps6dzcl0fu.jpg

Pearl Berry - My favorite of all time

GG_zpsg6wt9fcy.jpg

Bio Reef Green Goblin - The greenest of green corals, the Green Goblin from Bio Reef! This is a really cool coral, actually in the anacropora family. It's truly like no other coral that I have.

• Like 7

Spectacular as always!!! Really appreciate the extra info on the light level, flow, and placement of each corals in the last photo set.

micoastreefing - Thanks so much. Glad you like the details on placement.

Absolutely stunning reef! Gives me something to aspire too!

Davidcwoods - Thanks so much for the kind words. Look forward to meeting you, it's always great to meet new local reefers.

Said it before and I'll say it again.... love all the pics and updates!

mpsti05 - Thanks so much!!!

• Like 1

October 2nd, 2016 - Photo Update

As I've done at the start of each month, here is a recap of the last 9 months of reefing.
Thanks for looking

Project%20365%20Month%209_zpsctolqqeg.jp

Project%20365%20Month%208_zpstwlwq0c9.jp
Project%20365%20Month%207_zpsn0zwxjnf.jp

Project%20365%20Month%206_zpsddpb0iv6.jp
Project%20365%20Month%205_zpsyifzl8mr.jp

Project%20365%20Month%204_zpseqb8phig.jp
Project%20365%20Month%203_zpsvgf7bfvb.jp

Feb%20Wrap%20Up_zpshullfs8h.jpg

January%20Wrap%20Up_zpspiotcrjl.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/6/2016 at 8:14 PM, Dylan.N said:

I just saw on R2R that you sold the tank and stand :( I loved seeing the updates of this build from the beginning. I can't wait to see your next tank.

Yes, I guess that's old new now days.  The new system is up and running and more appropriately sized for this forum.  You can get to the new build by clicking on the signature below. 

• 1 month later...

Oh bummer, sorry to hear about the downsize, this was by far one of my all time favourites. i'll make sure to check out the new build.