Pod Your Reef

gsgentry's Innovative Marine Nuvo 24 Build (Fried Light Pic)

gsgentry

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the Red Sea Kit. I'm going to eventually buy the Hannah Digital testers, but they are like $50 each so that can wait for now. :)

Also, I decided I'm going to play with the rocks this weekend. Mine as well. :) I love all my equipment selection and everything, just not in love with the rock.

I absolutely love this build thread! Your tank and your designs are coming along amazing. Following this thread as I see myself learning a ton from it! Look forward to seeing your updates and getting my project rolling!

Keep up the good work!

I absolutely love this build thread! Your tank and your designs are coming along amazing. Following this thread as I see myself learning a ton from it! Look forward to seeing your updates and getting my project rolling! Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the kind words!!! :)

So I woke up and decide to change the aquascape (with my daughters permission of course :) ). The water is clearing up and then I'll take a couple of pics so you all can share your thoughts and opinions. It's hard because I want something that looks good now, but I'm also trying to envision what it will look like with corals too. Plus I want to make sure I have plenty of sports to mount the corals as well.

Stay tuned for pictures in a couple of hours when water clears up.

OK... So here is the new aquascape. Let me know what you all think... and feel free to be brutally honest, it won't hurt my feelings. :) It will just motivate me to change it again. LOL

3 ISLANDS - FTS

DSCN2313_zps2b4fff60.jpg

DSCN2317_zps1da4845c.jpg

LEFT ISLAND

DSCN2324_zps7e6cfc2e.jpg

CENTER ISLAND

DSCN2322_zps5e7bc1ff.jpg

RIGHT ISALND

DSCN2321_zpsf23e6f65.jpg

DOWN THE SIDES

DSCN2327_zps2350d628.jpg

DSCN2326_zps0c56fc5c.jpg

BEFORE

DSCN2177_zps3d7c9a7d.jpg

AFTER

DSCN2313_zps2b4fff60.jpg

So did I improve things or make it worse? LOL

the right island is my favourite

Yes, mine too. :) Its hard to tell, but on the front bottom right there is a small circle pedestal like shelf. I am going to save that spot for a special coral. I also like how that one is lifted off the sand bed. I was thinking about adding little bases to all of them to lift them up some.

I was a little limited because I am not done cycling and didn't want to remove any rock. I do have extra in the garage, but its all base rock still. The left island is my least favorite, so I may tinker with that a little more.

Thanks Cameron.

Looks good. What about doing a bridge from the left to center island to give you more are for corals and give the fish more hiding places

I was actually thinking off doing a bridge on both sides (I am a very symmetrical person) LOL

But I figured it would take away from the design and I would lose the open floor space for placing corals there. Here is kind of what I was thinking originally.

ScreenShot2014-01-25at40041PM_zps79022a1

I have extra rock and would have to add some... but not sure if I have a piece for this. I don't know... LOL

I have 1 small flat piece left. The rest are more round.

I did buy acrylic rods that I never used that were intentionally bought for arches. I could try to make something like this, but it would add a lot more rock.

ScreenShot2014-01-25at41929PM_zps7b4c3db

That could be cool. I do like the three islands. I was just thinking it would be nice to have more space for corals with and arch or two

I like the one one the left not sure how I feel about the one on the right. Lol or I'd go back to the three islands.

I got stuff to build a cover for the sump to help evaporation. I'll post pics on mine when I'm finished tonight.

I even bought enough material to make a set for your tank if it works and I'll send them to you :)

How about 2 islands instead of 3?

Wow.. now you have totally confused me! I like that. Where did the 3rd purple rock come from? LOL

Thanks for helping Sunburn!!! :)

OK... Water is still cloudy but I will go ahead and post the updated scape. :)

FTS

DSCN2363_zpsa16f20ee.jpg

Left Island

DSCN2355_zps365bb500.jpg

Right Island

DSCN2356_zps1f91e70d.jpg

So what do you all think about this one? Plenty of open floor space, plenty of space for corals, plenty of hiding spots for fish.. and a bridge. :)

Archived