Pod Your Reef

gsgentry's Innovative Marine Nuvo 24 Build (Fried Light Pic)

gsgentry

So I took the clip off the switch in the ATO tank and reversed the float. I remembered that I reversed it when I first set it up, so I figured I would try to put it back to original state and see what happens. So now, the switch is closed when the tank is full and open when it needs water. Changed the programming on the Apex and boom, it fixed that issue. :)

Now I need to find a LFS with descent RO/DI water so I can fill it back up. The place I went to today tested at 22ppm. Um I don't think so!! Not putting that in my tank. We will try another place tomorrow. Hopefully my problems are all behind me now.

Also, talked to Dave at Nano Box on the light today. Looks like it's going to be another week. :( I was hoping it would be done, but that's ok. It will be worth it. He is working hard and makes perfection!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to a 3rd LFS today, and actually my favorite so far, and got more water. Brought it home and tested it... Finally 0 ppm!!!! I will never buy water from the other places again. Refilled my ATO tank and I'm good for another 2-3 weeks. And I have another spare 5 gallons on hand as well.

So I solved the problem with the Apex notifying me when the ATO tank is low... Now that I tested that and refilled it, the alert won't go away. So now it's the opposite problem!! Posted on their forums and hopefully get an answer soon. It has to be something small and stupid.

During my adventures this weekend, I was speaking to one of the guys that runs maintenance for my new favorite LFS. He talked me in to putting a small piece of shrimp in my tank until it cycle. So I bought a media bag, placed it in there, and dropped it in one of the media baskets. We will see how this works. He also informed me that for $20 he will come out and do various PAR mapping a for me so I know where should be the best place to put various corals. I figure that's a good deal for $20! Why not! Lol

I've been running the Tunze 9002 for a couple of weeks now and it appears it is finally broken in. Micro bubbles are almost non-existant and it's producing some good foam, not great, but good.

That's about all for now. Just waiting for the process to happen. Looking forward to the result.

Hopefully you hear something about the switch soon.

Good to hear the tunze 9002 is working good I've had mine off during the cycle and can't wait to test it out.

Keep us posted on the shrimp

Good to hear the tunze 9002 is working good I've had mine off during the cycle and can't wait to test it out.

I say go ahead and fire it up. Do the mod if you haven't and get the tube like I did from Lowe's. Then it will be broken in already and the micro bubbles will be gone.

This whole issue with the Apex and switch has been driving me nuts. It's the most basic thing I have setup and I couldn't get it to work... Until now. :)

Apparently there is some corruption with the name of the switch. Originally they were all named Sw1, Sw2, etc. I renamed them to Switch1, Switch2, etc. but the Apex only named them switch for me and left off the numbers, so I changed them all back. So tonight I tried some things and finally renamed it to Swit3 and go figure, it worked. Kinda wanted it all uniform, but that's ok. I'm not changing the others since it's all working now. But my OCD will kick in and I will eventually. Lol

We have signs of ammonia!! Noticed my ammonia alert disk has turned a greenish color. Checked with my ammonia test kit and it's at .25ppm. :) I guess this is the only time people get excited about ammonia in their tank! Lol

I started off using RO water in 5g jugs from a local water company, then switched to RO/DI when I tested Tds and it was 35ppm. I picked up a Puratek 100gpd with a booster pump built in. 00ppm and 1:1 RO to waste water ratio. I'm planning to split the RO line before the DI membrane, then add a 7g reservoir and feed my fridge line off it. The filters in my fridge are $65 and last around six months, between those savings and not buying water for my tanks...the ROI will be pretty fast.

Really love what you've done with the controller and ATO on this setup, going to look for an Apex Lite that can be shipped to Canada before they're all gone.

Thanks for the information and comments Stussi. Does Marine Depot ship to Canada? If so, they will be the best best as to having the, in stock. Good luck and let us know. :)

I don't know why but I am growing to hate my scape!!! :(

build one side up higher. i knew you were gonna change it before the cycle was done lol

Seems like the diatoms get worse when my light is on during the day. I am going to leave it off for a while. Ready for that stuff to go away.

What are they exactly, i have seen them before in my tank, then they disappear for a week, come back for a day and gone again, i thought they might be eggs since my Nassarius snails always seem to be around when it happens?

Archived