SaltCritters.com

Drop off Vivarium-Frogs!

Giga

Wow, I love those plants with the red centres, really adds a nice pop of colour. Looking really good my friend :).

Those are just a fireball bromeliads and in even brighter light they color up even more like my ones outside

IMG_2729_zps3b24cf06.jpg

Looking awesome, man

Awesome pics! Thanks for the update Giga!

It is incredible, definitely thanks for the update.

Thank you so much!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

orchids blooming :wub:

IMG_2322_zps4e8e4665.jpg

IMG_2323_zpse1d8ed03.jpg

so small-about a millimeter or 2

IMG_2330_zps365a4e3e.jpg

Added a birds nest fern

IMG_2324_zps4bbf9b93.jpg

I've been cultivating some low growing tropical moss-here what I did with it, I covered a small universal rock

IMG_2325_zps4af98ebe.jpg

Added a pleurothallis microphylla-very very small orchid :D

IMG_2326_zps6f8f507d.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this self-sustaining with springtails & other bugs for the frogs or do you have to feed them still?

Most people still need to feed their frogs.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Giga, you must let us know how this viv is coming along!

Even if you've retired it... we can't be left hanging and hoping!!! Come on brother!!! ;)

Nope still going strong-I actually did a slight re-scape and have super blue auratus in there now-4 of them. I'll take a few pics this weekend

Nope still going strong-I actually did a slight re-scape and have super blue auratus in there now-4 of them. I'll take a few pics this weekend

Really glad to hear that!!!

Looking forward to pics! Going to start a thread for my 18 x 18 x 24 exo that I am in the process of putting together.

Just got a shipment of gorgeous broms, and they need a home!

Giga!

I actually spent a while going over your old mangrove tank with my girlfriend, explaining to her why I need a bigger tank in our future. You're somewhat of an online mentor or a really bad influence, depending on point of view.

Did you ever get round to grafting branches onto your black mangroves? How did it go?

Giga!

I actually spent a while going over your old mangrove tank with my girlfriend, explaining to her why I need a bigger tank in our future. You're somewhat of an online mentor or a really bad influence, depending on point of view.

Did you ever get round to grafting branches onto your black mangroves? How did it go?

I actually grafted on the red, and I ended up just cutting the branch off because it didn't work in the design. You'll see it in my new thread. I can be both! I've been kinda away from the forum till now, but I'm back and I'll be updating the guide I think too.

Ah an update to the guide would be awesome! Any idea what causes natural budding of new stems? occasionally mine just opens a new set of leaves with a new stem

Ah an update to the guide would be awesome! Any idea what causes natural budding of new stems? occasionally mine just opens a new set of leaves with a new stem

I think I understand what your saying and I'll cover this when I update the guide later on, it complicated with red mangroves lol

please update your bonsai thread

I know, I been getting around to that I just havn't posted- My bonsai collection has gotten huge and some really nice tree's around 50 or so. I'll be updating this one and the bonsai thread this weekend

I know, I been getting around to that I just havn't posted- My bonsai collection has gotten huge and some really nice tree's around 50 or so. I'll be updating this one and the bonsai thread this weekend

It sounds to me like you have a space issue, I'll pm you with details to offload some or all of those trees so you can get to your computer easier. I'm such a good Samaritan .

It sounds to me like you have a space issue, I'll pm you with details to offload some or all of those trees so you can get to your computer easier. I'm such a good Samaritan .

I have a lot of bonsai benches in my back yard so I think I might be ok :D

I need a photo of your mangrove collection please and thankyou

Well, I need a photo (or several) of the viv this thread is actually about!!!

Giga,

I am at your mercy...

Archived