ReefCleaners.org

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope she's ok also - I wonder if they grow back, or if she's permanently that way.. Let's hope not..

yes, they'll grow back.

Hope she "feels better" soon!

ty, I came home and she's in her familiar home.

Just read this thread cover to cover... Very cool story!

I find those little buggers creepy as hell, but if you love them, more power to ya!

Just read this thread cover to cover... Very cool story!

I find those little buggers creepy as hell, but if you love them, more power to ya!

Yeah, I love 'em. They really are interesting.

Cleaning the powerheads with vinegar. I'll do one for 3 hrs, see if I can brush off anything remaining and then get the other one in. But I'll see if I can't get the Evolve 8 done tonight too. Tomorrow I'll take care of the larger one for my 34. Then after that the one for the 60. Works like a charm on algae and especially encrusted coraline.

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaning the powerheads with vinegar. I'll do one for 3 hrs, see if I can brush off anything remaining and then get the other one in.

Do you clean them still wired up in place, or do you pull them completely away from the tank? I was thinking I could just sit the container with vinegar by the tank and not have to disturb the controller and such. of course, I'll make sure the cleaning solution doesn't spill into the tank.

Love the video - keep them coming - I need to do the same..

Do you clean them still wired up in place, or do you pull them completely away from the tank? I was thinking I could just sit the container with vinegar by the tank and not have to disturb the controller and such. of course, I'll make sure the cleaning solution doesn't spill into the tank.

Love the video - keep them coming - I need to do the same..

yeah, I did it all wired up so they're running.

yeah, I did it all wired up so they're running.

Well, you motivated me to clean mine. Took a half-gallon jug, cut the top off, and filled about halfway with vinegar and set up a 0/100% profile to cycle it full on and off. Afterwards, I disassembled and took a toothbrush and q-tip swab to everything. Looks and works like new. I'll probably do the second one tomorrow.

I just fed her one jumbo the day before so maybe that's why she didn't want any. I think she does love this Polish girl though. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Water change time and you can see Gert at the bottom.

20150208_184329_zpssxu5nesx.jpg

Then a pic of the urchin- I love how they can fold themselves anywhere. I gave all but this one and one in the 60g away as they grow fast. I transferred over some GSP from the Evolve. With all the red macro I have I'd love it if the gsp took over some on this rock.

20150208_184354_zpshu4cllyb.jpg

And then Gert zipping by. She's been widening her little tunnel.

20150208_184426_zpsqu0dui52.jpg

Archived