Coral Vue Hydros

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone.

More pics Kyle :)

No pics tonight. Today's been one of reflecting on life instead. Gotta stop taking things for granted. Laid to rest one of my buddies from high school. He was only 23. Rough day to say the least

Thanks everyone.

No pics tonight. Today's been one of reflecting on life instead. Gotta stop taking things for granted. Laid to rest one of my buddies from high school. He was only 23. Rough day to say the least

:( 23 that is way to young.
Nanofreak79

Sorry to hear about your buddy, Kyle . I totally understand taking a step back and looking in the now, you're never guaranteed tomorrow. Hopes for you have better days ahead, sooner than later.

Jon

Thanks everyone.

So sorry. That is terrible and you're right - way too young.

Appreciate it everyone. Its certainly a wake up call, in the worst way. No day is a given and should be treated as such. Anyway, I took some pictures to get my mind off of things for a bit. Macro pictures can be such a hassle with using a tripod and what not, but the results can be awesome! The textures of some of these creatures is pretty cool and hard to see with the naked eye. Its also really difficult to not blow out every picture with too much light, as you can tell.

19364309383_a3060a47c8_c.jpg

19798593959_aefc4846df_c.jpg

19411524603_ddebd61b31_c.jpg

19844411268_a396d76c65_c.jpg

20024693482_b455984978_c.jpg

Out of focus but still looks cool

20032495245_682ffa89d0_c.jpg

19844401578_e195ac7a00_c.jpg

19844400208_ba5d476ff6_c.jpg

Sponges like my snail shell

19409849874_b412d9477e_c.jpg

Probably my favorite "cornbred coral" or maybe even the only one I have left hmm don't remember

19845828369_f2a4fbdee1_c.jpg

19844494320_a4e27a9e31_c.jpg

Current state of my tank

19844517590_4b09f8eb0b_b.jpg

Oh. Last one :)

19798531019_4b285ac9a9_c.jpg

Not sure what's going on with the tank. About 80% of my zoas look like complete ass and possibly dying

:wacko: well thats not good thats a shit ton of money. What do they look like clear?

Not sure what's going on with the tank. About 80% of my zoas look like complete ass and possibly dying

That sucks hopefully the zoas are just being weird for the day mine do that.

Edit: fixed zoos to zoas

:wacko: well thats not good thats a shit ton of money. What do they look like clear?

Some closed up, some all scrunched up, and others looking like they're turning inside out

That sucks hopefully the zoos are just being weird for the day mine do that.

Same, but not usually on a wide scale like this

Some closed up, some all scrunched up, and others looking like they're turning inside out

Same, but not usually on a wide scale like this

Maybe its a sign your finally going to be able to keep acros lol

Maybe its a sign your finally going to be able to keep acros lol

Nah they're all looking crappy too :lol: chalices and other lps look outstanding though

Nah they're all looking crappy too :lol: chalices and other lps look outstanding though

figured that much, lps are bulletproof I think lol

figured that much, lps are bulletproof I think lol

Seems that way. Even i struggle to kill them! In other news, Where's a good place to get new rock. You got a crap ton of Marco rocks didn't you? Like em I don't remember if you did or not

Seems that way. Even i struggle to kill them! In other news, Where's a good place to get new rock. You got a crap ton of Marco rocks didn't you? Like em I don't remember if you did or not

I got mine from reefcleaners. they grow algae fine, but not sure if its related to the rocks or all the fish that died and lack of giving a damn lately.... last 4+ months lol

His shipping is absolutely horrendous, mind as well not even box them but the rocks look nice and are porous atleast. Stacked nicely and all that good stuff. I ordered 20lbs of marco rubble, 90% of which is in my sump, and algae free tho it also gets 0 light so that may be why lol

I got mine from reefcleaners. they grow algae fine, but not sure if its related to the rocks or all the fish that died and lack of giving a damn lately.... last 4+ months lol

His shipping is absolutely horrendous, mind as well not even box them but the rocks look nice and are porous atleast. Stacked nicely and all that good stuff. I ordered 20lbs of marco rubble, 90% of which is in my sump, and algae free tho it also gets 0 light so that may be why lol

Yea I've seen a few orders from reef cleaners show up beat to hell. Hmm. Thinking about following Lawn's lead and doing a complete new rock reboot

Yea I've seen a few orders from reef cleaners show up beat to hell. Hmm. Thinking about following Lawn's lead and doing a complete new rock reboot

If you have bubble algae don't think twice. I tried removing it and 8 emerald crabs and a fox face with no luck.

Archived