inTank Media Baskets

40B Box O' Rocks

Acielot

Picked up a large mini colony of a blue/green acro(reefer direct) a frag of a blue smoothskin(coastal) and an elegance coral (A-Z) All from coralcon.

I didn't get to see Claya. I guess she was looking around because only Aly was at the booth when I came by. :'(

Hobe sound frags and reef gardener had some of the nicest stuff collectively. Tons of eye candy between them.

Josh had tons of sweet zoas but the ones that caught my eye were all way out of my price range.

What were his prices? I figured they were pretty high!
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What were his prices? I figured they were pretty high!

I asked about some blondies and he only had a frag with around 20 polyps for $400

Rastas 3 polyps were $60

And GOW were $30 for 2-3 polyps.

Just a bit higher than average per polyp but he would have definitely made a deal if you were getting multiple frags. I just wish that he had smaller frags of 2-3 polyps instead of the 30+ polyps for $$$

• 2 weeks later...

Fun fact: frogspawn are stronger stingers than hidden cup coral.

I'm giving frogspawn another go finally because in my first attempt the sexy shrimp ate it. That was little over a year ago.

I also cannot keep montipora alive which really sucks because they are one of my favorite corals shape wise. I got some spongodes in a trade and they have only deteriorated since I got them. I also got a staghorn acro and it has already healed over where it was broken and is doing well.

The new scape is almost finalized :) but the introduction of the new rock has let a small diatom bloom happen. No big deal though, the cuc is happy. Just a bit more tweaking and the tank will be ready for it's grand unveil.

• 2 months later...

Small update:

The light was tampered with and set to full blast a few weeks ago. Everything was negatively affected. I lost every sps and my indo scoly. A bunch of zoas have shrunken up or melted and most of the macro algae has either disintegrated or been consumed by the urchins.

So just to reboot because everything was actually growing and doing well, I'm removing the sand bed and focusing on acros and zoas with minimal lps. A small 10 gallon frag tank has been setup to ensure that future corals have a duplicate in case anything happens.

It's the photon 24. It was no fault of the light, someone had decided to screw with it. ?

It was bumped up from 50% to 100% on both channels. I didn't think to check the light as the issue. When the nems started to close I really knew something wacky was up.

Luckily though I saved a few zoas, the elegance, lobo and acans because they were moved into the pico.

The tank is basically empty compared to what it was. ?

• 1 month later...

Kick starting the tank again. I've pulled the sand out and have a rockscape ready. Also rebooted the fuge and deep cleaned it.

Ordered some gorgs to mount.

Eventually it will be a frag tank but for the time being I have to keep the fish happy. Besides it's not like I have any frags to grow out.

• 3 weeks later...

20150322_144229_zpsdngrgign.jpg

Ruins of an amphitheater.

20150327_082942_zpsfkd9a5am.jpg

The current state of the tank. I held off on the gorgs and instead got a ton of macro.

Once everything settles I'll add some monti caps and gorgs.

Bummer about your tank getting nuked with light. What amphitheater is that in the photo? That would be a rad filming location for future-primitive sci-fi.

Bummer about your tank getting nuked with light. What amphitheater is that in the photo? That would be a rad filming location for future-primitive sci-fi.

Chautauqua Amphitheater in Arcadia Florida.
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally the tank is looking cleaned up and things are turning good again. I started a gfo reactor recently and things are better than ever. I just need to rehab these corals a bit.

FTS_zpsqqgtuykm.jpg

Peyssonnelia capensis

Update4-15-151_zpsh7qyttsn.jpg

One of the urchins

Update4-15-152_zpsfx6r0si5.jpg

My first pair of clowns still together and no babies :P

Update4-15-153_zpsficlun4a.jpg

They look very close in size, which could explain the no babies part.

That's a padina right?

I really don't care about babies but it would be exciting.

I don't think so. It clings to the rock tightly. It gets a nice yellow brown almost like Dijon. In some spots. :) A Peyssonnelia capensis it's the closest id I've found.

Picked up a yellow toadstool, pipe organ and green goniopora to try out yesterday evening.

Only the pipe organ has fully expanded so far. A few polyps are poking out of the toad and goni but not full PE yet.

Ordered the big 3 foods to try out. Hopefully they work as good as people claim.

-Goniopower

-acropower

-reef roids

I expect nothing less than corals climbing out of the tank trying to eat the cats..

My Goniopora eats everything I think. It has grown a lot since I got it.

I'm still waiting for it to get full PE. I tried to simulate the flow it was in at the lfs but it just isn't expanding the same.

I'm hoping the food will coax it out.

Thanks it's a bit coral barren though. :)

I'm trying to put a video update together but I'm running into some slight issues.

Yeah it's too dark. I'm really confused on why it keeps changing so much from the camera to the computer. Be sure to watch in at least 720.

What camera? What settings? What software (if any) to import it?

Rebel T3i. And Windows Movie Maker.

Basic video settings.

It only dramtically changes between the camera screen and the computer screen.- You'll notice a trend of some pictures being under exposed and too dark.

jedimasterben

Well, movie maker definitely is a pile of dicks for quality, but it shouldn't have that significant of an effect. I'm spoiled by having Premiere Pro lol. If you change your export settings, does it change anything? Is it darkened directly after pulling it off the camera?

What monitor do you have?

Archived