inTank Media Baskets

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing real special just was playing with the phone.

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

Wow nice long skirts!!

I have a few really nice Zoas, ill try to upload a few pictures later today. And look for an ident on my favorite "Mystery" one.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is one of mine that has probably been posted in this thread somewhere. I just think its a decent picture.. best one I've ever taken of a coral in my tank.

Sold to me as a Pink Krak

20151121_153650_zps7drdqybc.jpg

and can anyone tell me what this one is? It was on the rasta frag I recently got. I know its not a great picture.

20151121_154317_zpse87sp41p.jpg

ReefSafeSolutions

No idea what these are, but the guy at the fish store threw them in for free so I'm not complaining!

720EE30F-ED99-434C-870E-C8BDE8055303_zps

CF009698-C5FD-400C-B054-D39239E861C3_zps

Anyone know what they are? I think he said something about Hell's Angels, but the pictures of those I've seen don't look quite like these polyps. These don't seem to have enough orange/red coverage.

No idea what these are, but the guy at the fish store threw them in for free so I'm not complaining!

Anyone know what they are? I think he said something about Hell's Angels, but the pictures of those I've seen don't look quite like these polyps. These don't seem to have enough orange/red coverage.

I think they are Magicians.

• Like 2
ReefSafeSolutions

I think you're right...the pictures of other Magicians look like these polyps! Thanks for the ID!

I haven't searched through the whole thread yet, but I've done a little research on how to brighten up the zoas but I can't find anything all that definitive...do y'all have any tips for bringing out the most color in my zoas/palys?

Look like magicians, but the skirt is kind of big. In any case, magicians aren't cheap!

CF009698-C5FD-400C-B054-D39239E861C3_zps

• Like 1
ReefSafeSolutions

Whatever they are, they seem to grow relatively quick. Each polyp has already formed a new baby polyp...they've only been in my tank for a couple of weeks. Pretty cool!

Can I play? Just picked up these frags..

From left to right...

SunnyD

Red hornet
Candy apple orange
(unknown)
Blue hornet (shrivelled, hope it's ok)
Blue eyed blonde
Frankenstein
Pineapple express
(unknown)

23182209534_09d740a2b3_c.jpg

Pic of them in my sump, maybe I should post a better pic when they are in the display, but kinda excited!… :P

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Pensfanaddict

Here are some of my other zoas. I also have others....however if anyone recognizes these I could sure use the help with the names of them.

Thank you in advance!

post-88785-0-75561400-1452110964_thumb.jpg

Davidwissman85

So I picked up a few zoas in San Jose and drove them back to Portland, overnight, with a temp controlled box I made and set to 77°. They were open at the guys house I bought them, and are fairly fresh fragged, but I got them home and they just don't seem to want to open up, they are very much alive, and some open up enough to let just a little of their skirt tenticles pop out, but overall they look like a bunch of tiny onions just chilling out, any ideas? Or just more time..? Thanks!!

Just got my first corals today after getting back into reefing, there's some Duncans towards the bottom right of the pic but the ultra colored zoa frags I found were the best find!

post-90071-0-77979700-1452324473_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The first three are some new Zoa's I scored last night for $25. One rock has well over 30 polyps on it. The others I have had for a bit.

FB_IMG_1453255959730.jpg

FB_IMG_1453255870984.jpg

FB_IMG_1453255863225.jpg

20160110_183754.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, I just realized I don't have a good pic.

20160117_164558.jpg

The rock on the right is the first Paly colony I started with

20160114_193453_001.jpg

• 1 month later...

White zoas?

I've never seen these before. Anyone have an ID on these?

Never seen white either. Hopefully they stay that color!

Well there is some white in a White Zombie but not like that.

Might as well some nice zoa pics while I'm at it.

Tiger Palys

pbByOrE.jpg

Gorilla Nipples

fpv75ro.jpg

Rastas

Lusnptq.jpg

White Zombies

labUhEd.jpg

Scrambled Eggs

FJhGPKu.jpg

Utter Chaos (An older pic but still the best one I have ever taken of my utters)

YFFFDKL.jpg

• Like 2