SaltCritters.com

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

SquishyFishy

Question?? Did a major tank to tank transfer 2 weeks ago thanks to my Nuvo 16 crack... new water, new gravel, same rock/stock and equipment. There was absolutely no cycle which was great and Parameters are perfect. But my zoas- Whamin Watermelon that were big and open wide are now madder than heck and closed up pretty tight in some spots..both colonies. The pink palys next to them are not as happy although still open. Neon green palys are fine. What could be the problem, just the stress, any ideas on how to make them happy? Feeding Reef Frenzy and phyto, waiting on 2 part to dose some calc/alk. They are in the same area of tank as before.

Never seen ones like this before. Their faces are bright white. I hope they stay that way, but it cold be interesting to see how they morph.

Zoas_zpscl4xz5hb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
CronicReefer

Question. Do zoas open the same day after you bought them, or does it take longer?

Just depends how closely your tanks water and lights match your LFS. It usually takes a day or two to adjust to the new conditions.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My new addition. They were identified as oxides. 7-8 polyps + a few babies for $10 at our LFS. The only thing there I have ever considered buying. Sorry for the quality all I have is my phone. That's using the Camera+ app with the macro setting.

post-82754-0-45085900-1434506258_thumb.jpg

post-82754-0-22500200-1434506349_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Radio Active Dragon Eyes - 50 polyp colony. These are gorgeous IMO.

Unknown one. 8 polyps. Pulled these off a larger mixed colony. Not the prettiest but I dig em.

post-82754-0-00826200-1434949959_thumb.jpg

post-82754-0-57227700-1434950078_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me what this is coming out of their mouths???

Can anyone tell me what this is coming out of their mouths???

Won't let me upload the pic but it's like red long slime