Innovative Marine Aquariums

Stones & Roses

jball1125

My RFAs have been moving around non stop for the past few weeks. Not sure what is causing it, I've never witnessed so much movement from rock flowers before.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlowerMama

I love it when they move around, gives them more personality. I had 3 on one rock, they'd switch places on who they'd pair up with and one would travel around the rock. And sometimes they just climb down from the rock. I saw one on the move yesterday. Once he got free the current must've taken him, as he was on the opposite side today and already attached to another rock. Don't know why it didn't like where it was.

I love it when they move around, gives them more personality. I had 3 on one rock, they'd switch places on who they'd pair up with and one would travel around the rock. And sometimes they just climb down from the rock. I saw one on the move yesterday. Once he got free the current must've taken him, as he was on the opposite side today and already attached to another rock. Don't know why it didn't like where it was.

i can't say I'm too pleased with them moving. They seem to be going to places they are hard to see and I'm scared they might want to go near the bta, blastos or acans.
FlowerMama

Well, since there are 8 or 9 of 'em all grouped together, as they love it that way, they're probably also trying to jockey for favored position as they grow to be space hogs like your biggest one.

This one is suicidal. Traveled across the tank to the BTAs corner. It's been stung a few times already and it keeps getting closer, let's hope it comes to its senses.

yWdbAm9.png

Recent Fts. Just did a wc so things are a little closed up. You can see the sps lost most of its color. Tissue is ok but colors are ugly and almost no polyp extension.

The suicidal rfa moved onto the glass floor so I was able to move her back. They are all still moving around but they are staying in their area which is good.

gBbQg6k.png

jjP9GQi.png

Welcome to the brown acro club ... we have jackets. :D

we should start a brown acro showoff thread

Ill take a large!

Welcome to the brown acro club ... we have jackets. :D

Let me guess, the color of your jackets........are BROWN! Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. I can say that because I am too chicken to even try an acro.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Nem caused way too much havoc so she had to go bye bye. No much else changed except the rock work. Could not get it back to how it was for the life of me after taking it down to remove the bta.

Here is the July Fts

MGGeFUD.png

The Nem caused way too much havoc so she had to go bye bye. No much else changed except the rock work. Could not get it back to how it was for the life of me after taking it down to remove the bta.

Here is the July Fts

MGGeFUD.png

Looks really good man. I hope everything is doing good still :)

Thanks guys. Added a frogspawn to the same corner as my marbled hammers. Add a little flow now that the nem is gone. Going to add a torch when I find a nice one to have a euphylia garden thingy.

• 3 months later...

Been absent these past months because of school and work. Still pretty busy but Ill hop on to say the tank no longer contains RFAs. I must have done something wrong because they all started to move non stop. I gave away the ones I could find, the others hid very well and I am assuming they either died or are hiding really well. Still not sure what caused the crazy move but it sucked.

The tank now contains some acans, blastos, euphylias and macros. Ill get some pics when I get a little more time.

That sucks man, hope they didn't mess anything else up walking around tho. Look forward to the new pics :)

Luckily I was able to minimize the damage although I did loose an acan colony. About 20 polyps. :(

The bowerbanki is safe though, haha. Slow grower, especially with how little I feed but always looks happy.

That sucks about the acans, were they ones from me? Glad to hear the bowerbanki is doing good tho, it is a slow grower for sure especially without alot of feedings. Definitely a good looking piece tho so glad it wasn't touched :)

Archived