Coral Vue Hydros

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

In your last picture upload, what is that coral with a green base and orange tips? Your tank has soooo much coral.

Not sure which one you're talking about... Can you point out the specific pic?

You're on LI, right? All those frags on the rack are for sale, I'll give you the nano-reef-price if you want some paly's.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pre-ordered some Berghia Nudibranchs. Hopefully going to get a temporary breeding program to eliminate the aiptasia from my system.

And I'm kind of tempted to get one of these to kill aiptasia if the nudi's don't do it...

It's a frickin laser!

I saw your order with Wingo. Not thinking about a filefish? I've seen them in action.

LMK if that wand works on palys. I'm going to speak to the majano wand guy too.

Also I need to come play with Ashley and Sticka and meet Leeny. Soon.

You'll have to make chilli.

I saw your order with Wingo. Not thinking about a filefish? I've seen them in action.

LMK if that wand works on palys. I'm going to speak to the majano wand guy too.

Also I need to come play with Ashley and Sticka and meet Leeny. Soon.

You'll have to make chilli.

The CBB controls the aiptasia really well in the display. Don't need a filefish anymore- though, if I find a tiny one I may still get it, just cuz I like their ugly mugs.

I've talked to a few mojano wand owners in private MR swaps, and they didn't seem to be satisfied with the majano want... That's why I haven't already picked one up. Plus, biological control is always more fun!

Hit Leeny up on facebook to make plans. I'll just go along with whatever you two decide.

Aileen can't eat beef without getting sick yet, so I'll have to make it turkey. Should be yummy either way.

Should have cleaned the glass first... Sorry. But check out these little cuties!

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Very nice vacation pics. Always neat to see the real pics of the people behind their screen name. The frag pics at ok.... Jk. Nice and packed. Little surprises everywhere.

For some reason during my last trip i put a bunch of Euros in my passport... didnt realize this until security checked it and found the money... so from the birdseye camera it looked like a bribery attempt...

About to get a pat down now... haha.

:P I did this too! Got swabbed for gunpowder residue and asked if I'd been on any ranches.

I love this thread - you never know what you're going to find. The trip looks amazing - and the tank looks amazing too!

Keep us updated on the nudibranch experiment. (If only so I can keep saying 'nudibranch experiment' over and over.) I'm a fan of bio-control, although, so far my one attempt at it has left me with an Emerald crab that only eats my collectible macros and none of the green bubble algae...

8ce634cc.jpg

That's the one. I've never seen somthing like that before. At least not in those colors.

I'll look back at what's on your rack. What part of Li are you on?

8ce634cc.jpg

That's the one. I've never seen somthing like that before. At least not in those colors.

I'll look back at what's on your rack. What part of Li are you on?

That's my Watermelon Bubble Tip Anemone. Who named it that? Me. Haha. I swapped Pets Warehouse a bunch of my loaded chaeto for it. Didn't look nearly as nice under their crappy old T-5 lighting... I took home a "RBTA" and it turned out to be way more awesome looking under my Radions.

I'm in Bellmore. Not far from where the Southern State meets the Wantagh parkway.

You going to the NYC swap next week, Pat? What about you, Miss Jelly? I've got a bunch of frags I'm trying to get rid of before (or at) the swap if you guys are interested. You'll get the N-R discount, of course.

that brown goby is sick

what kind is it

It was labeled as a "Black Sailfin Blenny", although, I think it looks more like a goby. I google "Black Sailfin Goby" and "Black Sailfin Blenny" and get pretty much the same mixed up results.

I think it's a nano sized pistol shrimp goby- but since I'm not sure, I shot AnimalMaster6 a PM to see if he can ID it for me. There's actually two of them... The first is up hiding in the coral in the first two pics I posted. All the algae on the glass made the shots terrible... Let me see if I can crop and zoom in on them.

I don't see the Steinz (pink striped) goby or the black sailfins today... Also, my Copperband Butterfly went missing... So I dunno wtf is going on. That new Green Banded Goby is also MIA... Though, I've lost a lot of things for weeks only to see them pop out again later on. Lots of hiding places in my tank...

That's my Watermelon Bubble Tip Anemone. Who named it that? Me. Haha. I swapped Pets Warehouse a bunch of my loaded chaeto for it. Didn't look nearly as nice under their crappy old T-5 lighting... I took home a "RBTA" and it turned out to be way more awesome looking under my Radions.

I'm in Bellmore. Not far from where the Southern State meets the Wantagh parkway.

You going to the NYC swap next week, Pat? What about you, Miss Jelly? I've got a bunch of frags I'm trying to get rid of before (or at) the swap if you guys are interested. You'll get the N-R discount, of course.

That's awesome. I love it.

Unfortunately, I have other things that society tells me is more important to do. Even though I don't feel the same way, Im going to have to miss it:(

I'm planning on it, but I've got a client that's waffling about a deadline, so I may have to work - which would suck rocks. I've already shelled out some bux pre-ordering some frags and a bunch of supplies so I had better be able to go.

I'll check out your stuff - you have a sale thread over on MR?

I hope I see you there, - cheers

Good prices on there. If I had any money to spend at all I would replace my chaeto with yours. Seems impossible to find any micro brittle stars around here.

I'm planning on it, but I've got a client that's waffling about a deadline, so I may have to work - which would suck rocks. I've already shelled out some bux pre-ordering some frags and a bunch of supplies

ohnoes!

cableguy69846

So, I just joined this site when I saw your fuge. You, sir, are a genius. :D

I am looking into your epic "HOB" fuge thread now too, and I tell you what. It is giving me some ideas about the little 10 gallon (soon to be 20) that I have cycling right now. I am guilty of picture skimming, but you can bet I will be going back to read more.

So, I just joined this site when I saw your fuge. You, sir, are a genius. :D

I am looking into your epic "HOB" fuge thread now too, and I tell you what. It is giving me some ideas about the little 10 gallon (soon to be 20) that I have cycling right now. I am guilty of picture skimming, but you can bet I will be going back to read more.

Thank you, and welcome to the site. If you have any design questions, feel free to ask.

animalmaster6

Yep it's a Black Sailfin Blenny, Emblemaria pandionis. Is it all black?

The tank is looking great btw!

Yep it's a Black Sailfin Blenny, Emblemaria pandionis. Is it all black?

The tank is looking great btw!

Yup, all black. Thanks for the confirmation!

cableguy69846
Thank you, and welcome to the site. If you have any design questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you. I am sure I will be back to pick your brain a bit.

A few goodies picked up at the NYC swap yesterday... unfortunately, pics are gunna have to wait a bit since work is about to be crazy this week. Few SPS, mostly zoos.

Just wanna give a shout out and thank you to pbjelly, who ran to CVS to get some needles and thread when I just about ripped my shorts right off my body while picking up my boxes/coolers when I got to the swap. Being able to get my butt off the chair and not arrested for indecent exposure made the swap a lot more fun that it otherwise could have been... Haha.

Anytime kg - wouldn't want you flashing any strangers - although if you're gonna ##### about Kat's nailpolish bargaining power, I still say you could have given pantsless chaeto selling a try :P

Archived