Moved On

• Members
  • 15,888 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009
No. Not at all.

I'm glad it did!

bitts

bitts

Yes. I'm blasting Wagner. While chanting KILL Da NOOB.

• Members
  • 6,333 posts
  • Joined 30 Dec 2006
  • Denver, boulder, loveland, fort collins.....
Thank you.

Weetabix7

Weetabix7

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 18,419 posts
  • Joined 15 May 2006
  • Oak Ridge, TN

Thank you.

:flower:

Markushka

Markushka

staraya gvardia

• Members
  • 3,635 posts
  • Joined 01 Jul 2009
  • Rutgers NB
:happydance: adin = :wizard:

sean-820

sean-820

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Joined 26 Jun 2008

+1 to phytosanitary stuff...

but see if you can bump into other people in Canada that will want to trade. There are a few active reefers in CA that regularly trade macros. One of them has a thread linked to in this thread or maybe the macro algae forum thread.

Im in Canada as well and would be interested in purchasing nice macro. All i have now ready to give away is chaeto so its not much of trading material so i can do cash. Im about 1h south of Toronto

bitts

bitts

Yes. I'm blasting Wagner. While chanting KILL Da NOOB.

• Members
  • 6,333 posts
  • Joined 30 Dec 2006
  • Denver, boulder, loveland, fort collins.....
maybe if we get enough of us with macro tanks we could get a trade network setup for the US, CANADA, & ,
AUSI land. instead of throwing the clippings out when we prune send it to the next on the list or something.

Markushka

Markushka

staraya gvardia

• Members
  • 3,635 posts
  • Joined 01 Jul 2009
  • Rutgers NB
I've got some macros to trade, some dragons breath (Halimenia sp.) and a red spotted one I got from weetie. looking for some browns, yellows, greens, whatever. ochtodes would be nice too.

Edited by Markushka, 30 August 2010 - 09:09 AM.

psykokid

psykokid

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 17 Jul 2009
Anyone have some Halophila they would be willing to trade? I want to plant some around my elegance so it looks more natural :) If someone had some in the Los Angeles metro area that would be great, but would ship if necessary. I've got a ton of Ulva that grows in my fuge. It actually out competes the ball of Chaeto that i have in there. I have some Codium and some Botryocledia for trade as well, just not anywhere as much as the Ulva..

skabooya

skabooya

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Joined 07 Mar 2005
  • BC, Canada
Ive been looking for over a year for macro algaes in Canada. So far i have collected sargassum, dragons breath, green grape, gracillera, and another unknown red one that i think is calcifourous (sorry for the spelling). Ive had to throw a ton out already. I am looking for many other kinds.

SbCaes

SbCaes

Meow...Macroalgae?

• Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • Joined 20 Apr 2007
  • Santa Barbara
ive got a ton of red diychota /bushy types. two growth patterns. im still in the need of . ochtodes.
and blue scroll or any of the other rare reds/yellows.
also on the look out for fuzzy caulerpa.
lmk!

Sunstar

Sunstar

Decepticon & Panic Monger

• Members
  • 538 posts
  • Joined 07 Nov 2010
  • Ontario, Canada
I am in canada. I have some grape, feather, some saw tooth and lots of prolifera. Also some reds I am growing out, but I have a sort of waiting list for those. I have halmida too. In Burlington Ontario. Some Spring and summer, I will be willing to ship/trade these.

Edited by Sunstar, 14 February 2011 - 08:26 PM.

Nemesis Portal: 10 Gallon Nano.
Nemesis Nano: 2 Gallon Contest Tank - Now with 100% LED DIY Win.
Coming in near future: Nemesis II
"Yes, right. You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose automobile as his vehical mode when he could have flight." - Starscream (Transformers Prime. Ep 10)

Posted Image

yami986

yami986

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 28 Oct 2009
  • Central Minnesota

ive got a ton of red diychota /bushy types. two growth patterns. im still in the need of . ochtodes.
and blue scroll or any of the other rare reds/yellows.
also on the look out for fuzzy caulerpa.
lmk!

I have fuzzy caulerpa, Caulerpa verticillata.

ehwood

ehwood

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 23 Dec 2010

I have fuzzy caulerpa, Caulerpa verticillata.

Hey Minnesotan! B) I have family near Princeton, which means I'm bound to be near you at some point. Think I might be able to get some macro off of you some time?
* 36 gal. fresh water: community planted tank with 2 overgrown goldfish, some neon tetras, a couple of small silvery ones I can't readily identify, a small catfish, a couple of blue crayfish, some ghost shrimp, some mystery snails and a couple of stubborn little crabs (female red asian and female fiddler)

* 29 gal. Bio Cube salt: Cycling, going to be species-only tank for a mantis shrimp! Am certainly open to accepting an unwanted specimen from someone.

* 50 gal. salt water: community tank with two clown fish, a blue damsel, various sorts of hermit crabs, cleaner snails (now including some bumblebee snails!), emerald crabs, strawberry crab, 2 peppermint shrimp at last count, a few mushrooms, zoanthids and a small soft coral frag I can't readily identify.

yami986

yami986

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 28 Oct 2009
  • Central Minnesota

Hey Minnesotan! B) I have family near Princeton, which means I'm bound to be near you at some point. Think I might be able to get some macro off of you some time?

Princeton is about an hour from me. I'm on the opposite side of St. Cloud. I don't know what kind of macros you're looking for, but right now all that's growing for me is Caulerpa. The Fuzzy Verticillata and Serrated have been fighting for dominance. I've been trying to kill the fuzzy stuff for years now. <_< All I've learned is the brighter the light the shorter it grows and that my emerald crab doesn't like it.

Magiksurfman

Magiksurfman

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Joined 19 Feb 2011
  • San Diego
Bummer, just lost a couple of macros(blue ochtodes and red dictyota ) due to shipping weather, time to network, anyone in the southwest-preferably socal-ideally San Diego , that are interested in macro's let me know. Don't have much as of yet my system is pretty young but i Halimeda and Halymenia i can trade for. i always have chaeto i probably toss about a gal of it a month if anyone ever needs any.

Edited by Magiksurfman, 02 April 2011 - 06:41 AM.

Standard 10

.9 gal Planted Freshwater Pico

lawnmowerblenny

lawnmowerblenny

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,652 posts
  • Joined 28 Dec 2010
ahhhh... I will be adding a few tonight.

miserkris

miserkris

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 23 Apr 2011
  • Downingtown,pa
Hello,

Iam new to NR. Looking for some exotic reds,blues,ulva macro. If you are pruning Or selling
Pls lmk!
I have a 20g fuge.
Thx, kris
75g reef , 20g fuge.
Downingtown,pa.

ApiratenamedJohn

ApiratenamedJohn

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 523 posts
  • Joined 10 Jul 2011
  • NW Las Vegas
Anyone out there still interested in macro trades? I have a few different types I can post pics of if anyone is interested.

Edited by ApiratenamedJohn, 16 November 2011 - 01:40 PM.

Kataro

Kataro

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Joined 11 Oct 2009
I have this a piece of this macro for trade, it's purplish with a hint of blue iridescent. Grows pretty big leaf and is kinda leather. Let me know what you have to trade.
Posted Image

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 26,541 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York
I've got Ulva and flame algae

Click the Icons for links

Kats.png max.png TOTM.png featuredRB.png NLOGO.jpg MDfish_White_Background_copy_bigger.jpg JBJ-Cubey-3-Gallon-Desktop-Aquarium-Blac

mmcguffi

mmcguffi

meow mixer

• Members
  • 3,403 posts
  • Joined 16 Jan 2011
  • Ann Arbor MI
Ive got some blue ochtodes

hearty and a fairly quick grower -- deep and rich purplish-blue

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 26,541 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York
i like blue ochtodes, you like ulva or flame algae?

Kats.png max.png TOTM.png featuredRB.png NLOGO.jpg MDfish_White_Background_copy_bigger.jpg JBJ-Cubey-3-Gallon-Desktop-Aquarium-Blac

mmcguffi

mmcguffi

meow mixer

• Members
  • 3,403 posts
  • Joined 16 Jan 2011
  • Ann Arbor MI
hmmm definitely not the ulva. Im looking for more display macro kind of stuff

any chance you could nab a pic (or link me to a pic) of your flame algae?

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 26,541 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York
Flame Algae
Posted Image

I have this a piece of this macro for trade, it's purplish with a hint of blue iridescent. Grows pretty big leaf and is kinda leather. Let me know what you have to trade.
Posted Image

Any of that yellow euchema for trade? :)