ReefCleaners.org

The Yasha Hashe Goby Thread!

Nick's Reef

lakshwadeep

Yes, I've heard about them for a while as "Stonogobiops sp." If you see the other references besides Yoshino et al., they didn't have a specific species name.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheCuban1040

When I type Stonogobiops yashia into Google is says, "Did you mean: Stonogobiops yasha", and Google knows all!

Yasha Goby is is!

Thanks for helping me settle that.

lakshwadeep

NP :) I've been researching shrimpgobies a few years ago after getting an orange-spotted prawn goby (that was when yasha gobies were not well known and kind of mythical). Here's where I learned about them:

Aptly titled: "You May Call Me 'Yasha,' King of the Stonogobiops"

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/hcs3/

(This is good info for anyone wanting to keep a Stonogobiops sp. shrimpgoby/pistol pair).

Nick's Reef
NP :) I've been researching shrimpgobies a few years ago after getting an orange-spotted prawn goby (that was when yasha gobies were not well known and kind of mythical). Here's where I learned about them:

Aptly titled: "You May Call Me 'Yasha,' King of the Stonogobiops"

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/hcs3/

(This is good info for anyone wanting to keep a Stonogobiops sp. shrimpgoby/pistol pair).

dude thatt article is awesome, that's where i learned most of my stuff about them! :D

I vote for yasha hashe, that's what they call em' in that article!

Nick's Reef
So there is hope!

yeah, just hope you don't get two males or there will be problems. i know that a member of the local aquarium club got two males and they each made a hole on opposite ends of her 125, and the pistol would go back and forth from goby to goby. One eventually got stressed out from fighting so much that it ended up in her fuge and that's where it stays.

RayWhisperer
Well these are going in a 30g so if they don't like each other one will probably end up dead....hope for the best.
Liveaquaria has already paired fish for sale now. It's a bit pricy at $129, but they come with a pistol too.
Nick's Reef
Liveaquaria has already paired fish for sale now. It's a bit pricy at $129, but they come with a pistol too.

Ek already has one though.

Yeah I saw that on liveaquaria......If anything I can probably sell the yasha/pistol I have now and just get those.

But I think I would rather try and pair them myself so I can witness the pairing.....would be really cool to be able to say that I paired them....but then again on the flipside it would suck to have to say I witnessed them kill each other.

Nick's Reef

i remember that it's pretty coll to watch them pair up but i don't remember exactly what they do. this is because i've had mine paired for over two years! :o

I was considering getting 1 or a pair of these guys but after reading more on them I'm doubting whether it's a good idea or not. I have an open top tank and I've read they're jumpers. Would those of you that know more or have them recommend I steer clear because of the open top?

i went to my LFS today and they still had one yashia left from about 5 they got in 6 weeks ago. they also got a few tiger pistols in so i paid for a pair and im going to pick them up in a couple weeks. $90 for the pair. i cant wait to indroduce them to their new home.

i went to my LFS today and they still had one yashia left from about 5 they got in 6 weeks ago. they also got a few tiger pistols in so i paid for a pair and im going to pick them up in a couple weeks. $90 for the pair. i cant wait to indroduce them to their new home.

Congrats!

I can't wait 'till I add my pair!!!

Thanks ekli I hope that's the case with mine! It seems to me like any fish could be a jumper at any time if given the chance.

I fed mine some frozen mysis shrimp tonight for the first feeding and he ate from his hideout. Yay!

Archived