Pod Your Reef

PieMan2k's Bedroom Tank NEW FTS PG 5 AND BLENNY PICS

PieMan2k

ITS TIME!!! My dad bought me Stella's 29g biocube now that she is upgrading to her 66 SCA. I will be building the stand and doing the rock scape sometime withing the next week or two and i will be starting my cycle before Christmas so be sure to STAY TUNED!!
For anyone that doesn't know here is what the tank includes.
29g Biocube
Tunze 9001 Comline DOC skimmer
Eheim 100W thermostat heater
InTank Media basket
Cobalt MJ1200 return pump
Nanobox Large Retrofit kit, already wired into hood with moonlight channel upgradewith a Bluefish mini controller upgrade

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have a good reef test kit they want to recommend that included everything? My grandparents want to help out with my aquarium and I think either a ro/di unit or a nice test kit will help me out greatly.

Holy goodness! Do something great kid! Show stella what she's missing out on

Woo hoo! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!! Moved some more stuff out tonight :)

Thanks for the support peeps! I have the stand design worked out on paper going to go pick up lumber most likely tonight and start work on the stand tomorrow during 5th and 7th pd of school, lunch and shop. 2 hours a day in a professional shop will help get this think knocked out soon! Also I'm working on the rock scape drawing right now and will probably go to the fish store next week to get my rock to start my aquascape.

righttirefire

I use the red sea test. But dislike the alkalinity titration test. I've been entertaining othe kits for that, but I'm happy with their mg, ca, po4, & no3 kits.

My next "big" purchase will be an ro/di kit. Spectra pure refurbished seem popular, I person like the nano-reef sponsor h20guru I believe they have a nice kit in my opinion

http://theh2oguru.com/reefkeepers-rodi/the-typhoon-reefkeeping-rodi-5-stage-with-asov.html

This one is the one I'm leaning toward

Thanks for the reply rightfire. I will probably go with the mighty mite since the tank is only 29g and I won't have an ato to fill. For the test kit do you know where I can buy one as a package? I can only find all of them separately.

Picking up the lumber for the stand right now! Will be dropping it off at the shop tomorrow and working on it tomorrow and friday, hopefully I will have it done by the end of friday

• 4 weeks later...

GOT SOME GOOD NEWS!!!!

Stella is shipping the tank tomorrow!!! My stand is done besides stain. ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I HAVE MY FIRST CORAL!!!!

It is an acan that the LFS had in the 20 dollar section by accident and they sold it to me for 20 bucks so when they sell acan colonies this size for 80 so I couldnt refuse. Right now its in my dads tank and he has taken a liking to it, he said he might steal it for his tank since its in there till mine gets cycled :blink:

My acan under da blues.

2015-12-12%2018.58.04_zpszpmp8f6d.jpg

2015-12-12%2019.00.00_zpsajayvwsk.jpg

I want a real a can picture what are the actual colors?

give me a minute eating lunch will grab a pic under the daylight lights.

Its normally purple and white striped with a green and purple mouth

I love these acans. Put them in the tank and 5 minutes after I put then in they were fully extended and had their feeding tenticles out.

GOT SOME GOOD NEWS!!!!

Stella is shipping the tank tomorrow!!! My stand is done besides stain. ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I HAVE MY FIRST CORAL!!!!

It is an acan that the LFS had in the 20 dollar section by accident and they sold it to me for 20 bucks so when they sell acan colonies this size for 80 so I couldnt refuse. Right now its in my dads tank and he has taken a liking to it, he said he might steal it for his tank since its in there till mine gets cycled :blink:

My acan under da blues.

UPS just picked it up! It is ON the truck and projected for Thursday delivery :happydance::happydance::happydance:

UPS just picked it up! It is ON the truck and projected for Thursday delivery :happydance::happydance::happydance:

WHOOOOOOOO! now I havw to convince my mom to rent a truck from home depot to get my stand home and stained. IT'S BEEN DONE FOR A WEEK AND A HALF BUT I CANT GET IT HOME IN THE CAR!

TANK IS AT MY DADS!!!!! Just got off the phone with him stating everything was delivered on-time and nothing is broken as he can tell!! Im going over there tomorrow for the weekend since my cousin is in town and I will go through it and inspect everything. IM SO EXCITED CLOSER AND CLOSER TO HAVING MY OWN TANK IN MY ROOM!!!!!!!

Will do tomorrow. At my moms house right now because I have school finals tomorrow. LAST ONE FOR THE SEMESTER!!!! i will leak test it outside for 30 minutes to an hour depending on how quickly the sun goes down and when my uncle and cousin get to town.righttirefire, on 17 Dec 2015 - 8:20 PM, said:

Leak test it!

Brought the stand home today. Im going to my dads today so i will take a board i need to cut and cut it this weekend. When i get back Monday i will nail the board in place and start staining as well as taking pictures. Leak testing the tank later today WHOOO!! Gave everyone in my family what i need/ want for the tank and i think i will get everything but the BRS RO/DI 75gpd system because of the $150 price tag.

Archived