Pod Your Reef

PieMan2k's Bedroom Tank NEW FTS PG 5 AND BLENNY PICS

PieMan2k

Alright long time no update! so here is what happened, new fish and corals plus i transferred my acan from my dads house and its grown A TON in 2 weeks.

25195311025_faedce0e0b_h.jpgPhoto_2016-02-22_09-55-30_AM by PieMan2k, on Flickr

New coral, top is fresh in the tank, bottom is 2 day later

24827619329_e65253aa2b_h.jpgPhoto_2016-02-22_09-49-23_AM by PieMan2k, on Flickr

Chalice growth for 2 weeks

25168970216_11fdb71bad_h.jpgPhoto_2016-02-22_09-44-13_AM by PieMan2k, on Flickr

24564756624_ef2b132b68_k.jpg2016-02-22_11-14-19 by PieMan2k, on Flickr

Acro/tort (still unknown) growth in 4 weeks and look at that PE !!

24564633974_513b4f4423_h.jpgPhoto_2016-02-22_09-53-40_AM by PieMan2k, on Flickr

acans 2 weeks ago vs now when they are hungry.

I will have to try and get a good pic of my new fish, Its a tail spot blenny and i also got a sand sifting tiger conch and he is doing a great job keeping the sandbed clean.

sorry for the bad photos just using my phone camera and it doesn't like my tank shots.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the best I can do for now. He likes to hide a lot and I didn't have a lot or time this morning. I will post the full pic when I get home from school.

https://flic.kr/p/Dszwdm

To give you an idea of where he is, it's right above the mushroom rock. It seems as if he has found a home on the backside of the very top middle rock from what I've seen.

Is it a good idea to keep my lights on constantly? I have them ramp down to .5 blues,.3 wihites, and 2.2 moonlight at night. Is that good for the corals or should I have the light shut off completely?

Moonlight is fine. Not necessary for the health of things in the tank, more for aesthetic value but it won't hurt your corals.

OK sweet, thank for the reply.

So lastnight I decided to do a little bit of re-scape to the tank and glued down the top rocks because my conch almost knocked a rock over the other day. So as a result the blenny got evicted from his home but found a new one RIGHT infront of the acro SWEEEET!!

25144329582_105264512f_k.jpg

2016-02-25_05-24-44 by PieMan2k, on Flickr

This is Tyreece the tailspot blenny ( if you cant tell I just pulled a name from the middle of nowhere)

25249352925_5aeda0a72b_k.jpg20160224_223049 by PieMan2k, on Flickr

25156173351_98cfd3db95_k.jpg20160224_194545 by PieMan2k, on Flickr

now Gary the snail is active during the day and has a REALLY long trunk( I dont know if thats what its called) and does a good job at keeping the sandbed clean.

24953746330_e97b0dee9e_k.jpg20160224_200900 by PieMan2k, on Flickr

Now the chalice is deciding to be hostile towards my acans. You cant tell in the pic but those sweepers are about an inch and a half long.

25144398672_390fe83e88_k.jpg2016-02-25_05-29-48 by PieMan2k, on Flickr

NEW FTS

PLEASE HELP!! I HAVE SATIN SPAWN IN MY TANK!!!

I noticed a little bubble this morning on my mushroom rock and when i got home from school i saw it to be the tan devil, Aiptasia. Does any one have good or bad experience with Aiptasia X by red sea or any other types or brands of Aiptasia removal?

25162798662_8004b3a43a_k.jpg2016-02-26_04-22-16 by PieMan2k, on Flickr

as you can see its right below my mushrooms and I would like not to harm them if at all possible. If i need to i can frag them and put them on a new spot bit i would rather not do that.

Allright last night I glued over the aptasia hole and all around it so it should suffocate and all be ok. Plus I finally turned on the skimmer. I can already see a light green skimmate, I turned the bubbles down a little to tylry to get a darker concentration of skimmate. Stella how did you get the magnet to stay on the back of the skimmer? I wound up gluing the magnet to the back because it would fall off every time I put it in the tank so no I have a working skimmer to help with the algae as it starts to decline.

Allright last night I glued over the aptasia hole and all around it so it should suffocate and all be ok. Plus I finally turned on the skimmer. I can already see a light green skimmate, I turned the bubbles down a little to tylry to get a darker concentration of skimmate. Stella how did you get the magnet to stay on the back of the skimmer? I wound up gluing the magnet to the back because it would fall off every time I put it in the tank so no I have a working skimmer to help with the algae as it starts to decline.

The magnet is touchy on the Tunzes - there's actually been some threads about it I think! Every time I emptied the skimmer cup I'd have to be careful not to knock the skimmer body or it would come off the magnet. Not a bad idea to glue it to the skimmer. I didn't even think of that :lol:

Mr. Microscope

My little coral in my tank, I don't know what it is maybe a tort of some sort? here is a pic without the blues

24361183600_3d94b0918b_k.jpg20160126_200103 by PieMan2k, on Flickr

And I was successful at getting a still shot of the Chromis today!

24029914783_d4a8826b7b_k.jpg20160126_223039 by PieMan2k, on Flickr

Check out that white spot on your acro. Looks like it might be an AEFW. I'd dip.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's not a Chromis. Looks like a purple stripe dottyback.

Check out that white spot on your acro. Looks like it might be an AEFW. I'd dip.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's not a Chromis. Looks like a purple stripe dottyback.

I realized that it was a dotty back a few weeks ago but never posted about it. Thanks though! The white spot on the acro is where a piece broke off during the ride home and i have no idea where it went. It has completely grown over that spot and even has a branch coming out of that area now.

The magnet is touchy on the Tunzes - there's actually been some threads about it I think! Every time I emptied the skimmer cup I'd have to be careful not to knock the skimmer body or it would come off the magnet. Not a bad idea to glue it to the skimmer. I didn't even think of that :lol:

I just glued it down and even when I put the skimmer cup back on I hold the skimmer up so when I push down it doesn't knock the skimmer off of the mag. I might have to rethink my skimmer placement because its on a little ridge in the 2nd chamber pulling it away form the other magnet and that also might be attributing to the ease of the skimmer falling.

I realized that it was a dotty back a few weeks ago but never posted about it. Thanks though! The white spot on the acro is where a piece broke off during the ride home and i have no idea where it went. It has completely grown over that spot and even has a branch coming out of that area now.

I just glued it down and even when I put the skimmer cup back on I hold the skimmer up so when I push down it doesn't knock the skimmer off of the mag. I might have to rethink my skimmer placement because its on a little ridge in the 2nd chamber pulling it away form the other magnet and that also might be attributing to the ease of the skimmer falling.

Oh yeah. Definitely put it lower. I had mine down below that tab. OR you can use some clippers and break the tab off. I just didn't need to.

It won't have enough strength to hold the skimmer up for sure if the magnets aren't both hitting the baffle.

Oh yeah. Definitely put it lower. I had mine down below that tab. OR you can use some clippers and break the tab off. I just didn't need to.

It won't have enough strength to hold the skimmer up for sure if the magnets aren't both hitting the baffle.

The problem is that I think the bottom of the skimmer cup is below the waterline if i put it below the ridge. I keep the waterlevel VERY high so i dont have to worry about topoff frequently and because i sleep right next to the tank so the noise can keep me up if it is too loud.

Archived