ReefCleaners.org

S C O •L Y

Illuiix

Man, man, man, I'm definitely impressed with BML's quality. How it's hand-made and super sleek, fixture is flawless(they even modified it to 17.5" from the original 18" for me at no additional cost). And thanks to Apexdv, my corals wouldn't get melted because I have the dimmer controller...the light is hella bright. Too bright actually.

Here's a teaser.

10700444986_eff572eeea.jpg
BMLmessage by iscolymia, on Flickr

10700461446_b4eebdf59c.jpg
Wholepackage by iscolymia, on Flickr

10700628843_84b2e59847.jpg
Moar by iscolymia, on Flickr

10700381475_7350281f4e.jpg
BMLlogo by iscolymia, on Flickr

10700451256_b4ec02790d.jpg
Sexy by iscolymia, on Flickr

10700425284_5e0bbd2170.jpg
Ohyah by iscolymia, on Flickr

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sweet...another option for my light. What kind of mount? Is it controllable?

http://www.buildmyled.com/saltwater/

Yupp. I bought the adjustable mountings at extra $15 http://www.bmlcustom.com/accessories/. And the dimmer controller cost another $15. There is only dimming feature on the controller but I was also told that this light can hook up onto Apex http://www.buildmyled.com/apex-dimming-cable/

The best part about the light is that, you get to choose your own colors. I went with 4 blues, 6 royal blues, 2 Ultra violets, 2 warm whites, and 1 red.

http://www.bmlcustom.com/led-catalog/

They have cyans, orange, and other colors too. Here is the link to customize the lighting options. UV's cost an extra $1 each.

http://www.bmlcustom.com/custom-led-strip/

My whole package was only $180 including shipping. Oh and to have the fixture in black cost more (extra $5 per foot) since it's coated not painted.

Here's more info about Buildmyled on Reefbuilders.com

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/08/30/buildmyled-macna/

This guy's Bml with his tank got me kinda inspired as well.

10374528986_a77855b404.jpg

Buildmyled by iscolymia, on Flickr

10374528756_0befe5cc7e.jpg

Example by iscolymia, on Flickr

nice, will go with this for my ADA 60F instead of nanobox. LOVE nanobox but it's overkill for the 60F. I plan to keep softies / LPS only since it will be LR filtration only. Can't wait to see pics of yours. I will just copy your spectrum =P.

nice, will go with this for my ADA 60F instead of nanobox. LOVE nanobox but it's overkill for the 60F. I plan to keep softies / LPS only since it will be LR filtration only. Can't wait to see pics of yours. I will just copy your spectrum =P.

Lolol, nice nice. I was hoping to get a 60f(24" long) and a 24" BML custom black fixture in 8 months, with black sand bed, mp10, no filtration...but I guess ya beat me to it lol. Yes, I have the whole night to get that light settled up over my scolys. Drooool, eye candy pop pop whoops! ;)

I'm doing the 45f Hydor pico, BML or something else, no filtration, possible Flaming Prawn Goby

Are ya?? How you have the funds at this young of an age? ;)

Hydor heater?? What's the pico for? Mp10? Or wp25?

Bml is best for its price and quality. Super slim and sleek. 90 degree spread optics. Full spectrum however ya want it. Too good imo.

Your spectrum is super blue. Only 2 neutral whites??

That was my intentional purpose. I wanted my light to be full spectrum and yet be super blue for my scolys. I also get true sunlight supplements shedding through my back windows of the living room so I won't have to worry about bleaching my corals. Just going to set my lights at 40% everyday or every other day 4-6hrs. And yes warm whites imo, are better than cool whites. Neutral whites are better than cool whites as well.

oops, i can't read.

share your layout =P

Illuiix's custom

470 nm Blue

450 nm Royal Blue

400 nm Ultra Violet

2700K Warm White

450 nm Royal Blue

470 nm Blue

450 nm Royal Blue

660 nm Red

450 nm Royal Blue

470 nm Blue

450 nm Royal Blue

2700K Warm White

400 nm Ultra Violet

450 nm Royal Blue

470 nm Blue

Are ya?? How you have the funds at this young of an age? ;)

Hydor heater?? What's the pico for? Mp10? Or wp25?

Bml is best for its price and quality. Super slim and sleek. 90 degree spread optics. Full spectrum however ya want it. Too good imo.

Holidays, yard work, soon I will be selling coralz for extra

Hydor pico pump, the pico will house a Flaming prawn goby, to poor for MP10, wp25 is too big and expensize

BML's are pretty sweet

That was my intentional purpose. I wanted my light to be full spectrum and yet be super blue for my scolys. I also get true sunlight supplements shedding through my back windows of the living room so I won't have to worry about bleaching my corals. Just going to set my lights at 40% everyday or every other day 4-6hrs. And yes warm whites imo, are better than cool whites. Neutral whites are better than cool whites as well.

Illuiix's custom

470 nm Blue

450 nm Royal Blue

400 nm Ultra Violet

2700K Warm White

450 nm Royal Blue

470 nm Blue

450 nm Royal Blue

660 nm Red

450 nm Royal Blue

470 nm Blue

450 nm Royal Blue

2700K Warm White

400 nm Ultra Violet

450 nm Royal Blue

470 nm Blue

FTS UNDER BML NAWWWW!

FTS UNDER BML NAWWWW!

Lol, can't. Turns out they sent me the wrong assembling kit for the mountings (nails, etc)..I think they sent me the hanging assembling kit by accident lol. Going to send them an email right now. Fuxxx I didn't notice it until now because I was busy taking pictures of the teasers, eating and here on NR....Lololol!!!

mount it anyways. u know u want to hang it for that modern look.

Lol, I can't. They sent me the leg mountings with the insufficient assembling kit....so it won't work. And my ceiling for where the tank is at, won't work for hanging the light....Here's what I can do. Have my bro carry the light over my tank while I take the picture!! LOL Desperate times.

Ok, these were quick shots...my bro was like, " Dude, done yet?, hurry....I have food in the stove...tick, tick"

I'll take better pictures next time.

Oh, and there was sooo much color pop in person....I'll need to figure how to catch that in my camera...because it's not showing its full potential in these quick shots.

10702375734_23528b2f18.jpg
Topdown by iscolymia, on Flickr

10702371684_365d48b656.jpg
Quick1 by iscolymia, on Flickr

10702559103_4e46cb2754.jpg
Anda2 by iscolymia, on Flickr

10702326105_73a8c97efd.jpg
Anda3 by iscolymia, on Flickr

10702311005_fbda68c3b9.jpgAt 2%.
Ledlayout by iscolymia, on Flickr

New light looks pretty good, nice colour by the looks of things. The scoly's also look good bunched together like that.

Ththththank you! Now imagine the whole sand bed covered up by scolys. Give me less than a yr!! :)

Hey iix do you have a RAW setting on your camera? (It's an option in your manual mode) If so, you should try shooting in that mode as it will bring out more of the natural colors of the scolys. I usually shoot using RAW mode and changing the ISO to around 800 or 1600 depending on how bright it might be in the room. :)

Hey iix do you have a RAW setting on your camera? (It's an option in your manual mode) If so, you should try shooting in that mode as it will bring out more of the natural colors of the scolys. I usually shoot using RAW mode and changing the ISO to around 800 or 1600 depending on how bright it might be in the room. :)

Yeah, I'm using raw right now. Still hard to capture one of the scolys' true colors...

Archived