Top Shelf Aquatics

S C O •L Y

Illuiix

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purple light means not enough 470nm or 490nm.

I have 4 470nm (royal blues), 6 450nm (blues), 2 400nm (ultra violets), 2 2700k (warm whites), and 1 660nm (red).

LOVE your clown. It looks so unique. The light looks bright as hell for 20% only.

I have 4 470nm (royal blues), 6 450nm (blues), 2 400nm (ultra violets), 2 2700k (warm whites), and 1 660nm (red).

Should have went for 1 UV only =P.

jedimasterben

You still don't have enough 470nm or 490nm if the light is purple. Red light and blue light mix to make purple, but for some reason 470-490nm fixes that if in large enough quantity.

LOVE your clown. It looks so unique. The light looks bright as hell for 20% only.

Should have went for 1 UV only =P.

Thank you! I like the right side pattern of the clown but it was too hard to get a picture of it.

Lol well they were charging $1 extra for uv so I figure uv must be a super supplement. I do have one red led only lol.

You still don't have enough 470nm or 490nm if the light is purple. Red light and blue light mix to make purple, but for some reason 470-490nm fixes that if in large enough quantity.

I see.

Well I still see the blue in the tank. Anyways, I'm loving this custom led combination I chose!! I really do appreciate Bml and what they've done for me. This is what I love about BML. Great pricing and quality, very sleek and modular fixture, mountings are adjustable for tilting degrees, and it's black.

New lights look sick. Why does your clown look super overly orange in the new pics lol

Thanks.

The new lights make it look orange lol. It's more of a purple blend with blue, and it's much much more purple and blue than my previous light. My previous light was actually pretty darn white lol.

Why does your clown look super overly orange in the new pics lol.

Because you're used to seeing red and it being called orange. Now actual orange is so orange it's blinding.

I know you dont want rocks but what about some macro algae? Or does that violate your scoly only rule?

Lol. Yeah that violates my scoly only rule lol. Sorry guys and gals. I know I'm being selfish for making this tank look pleasing to me only but I just can't stand rocks at all now. I had rocks in all my previous builds and I've always grown sick of them to the extent now that I can't have them anymore lol.

Because you're used to seeing red and it being called orange. Now actual orange is so orange it's blinding.

It's the new light effect. I'm assuming yellow clowns would look more orange under blues and purple lights lol. And it does so in person.

Talk about clean! Very nice!

Thanks man!! I do weekly maintenance on my tank which consists of 30% water drain at 1st, then scrubbing the whole glass tank and pipes, and then another 30-40% water drain, then at last, I add the 60-70% new water back. Just wanted to share how I keep it clean sir. :)

Thanks man!! I do weekly maintenance on my tank which consists of 30% water drain at 1st, then scrubbing the whole glass tank and pipes, and then another 30-40% water drain, then at last, I add the 60-70% new water back. Just wanted to share how I keep it clean sir. :)

Very impressive husbandry!

Thanks, wait a minute...

Yoo where the hell have you been? I was looking at your profile this morning because I thought of you and saw that you were on this morning

I just have been lazy and not updating my thread. Only thing new is my smaller clown passed away 2 weeks ago for no reason but other than that everything is the same. No halides yet either /:

Archived