Coral Vue Hydros

S C O •L Y

Illuiix

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lightroom. Then you can fudge with the raw file all you want.

I don't use editing...and will I need to? Hmmm, I mean I see the right colors for 3 of the scolys, just the one that's mostly green(the left one)...it doesn't really show the purple in the picture.

Wow...that is a sleek looking fixture!!! I like it a lot!!!! Your scolys are looking so plump and healthy too. :)

Ththththank you! :)

They all still look red to me.

This. Lightroom or bust.

Mmmm you mean red orange? :)

AWEEEEEEESOME!!!

Thanks Suds!! :)

Pretty though, I prefer red.

Oh so you see orange? :)

I don't see any new pics. Just new pics of the same pics as before. Go get a new scoly and mount that light plz...

Check last page...page 15, I posted a whole package of new pictures. New lights and the corals under the new lights..

jedimasterben

Mmmm you mean red orange? :)

No, red. The same colors I've been seeing, and the same colors you've been taking pictures of. I considered throwing one of the pictures into photoshop and seeing exactly what color it's giving, but that's way too much work.

Yeah, I'm using raw right now. Still hard to capture one of the scolys' true colors...

I found the best way to get a true shot of my tank is to drop the ISO way down (100 or 400) and set the white balance to 6500k. This works really well for me. I can then fiddle with the colours a little before exporting the RAW file. FTS shots or group shots I find are the hardest because there is always one colour spectrum that you seem to neglect to get the other colours right.

I don't use editing...and will I need to?

If you are using the jpg from a camera, you used editing. If you took RAW and converted it to jpg with software, it can still count as editing, depending on the software. Lightroom just gives you better control to correct what the camera may not be able to interpret.

As long as you stay true and not "doctor" the photo....

If you are using the jpg from a camera, you used editing. If you took RAW and converted it to jpg with software, it can still count as editing, depending on the software. Lightroom just gives you better control to correct what the camera may not be able to interpret.

Lightroom definitely has better RAW processing then Photoshop.

No, red. The same colors I've been seeing, and the same colors you've been taking pictures of. I considered throwing one of the pictures into photoshop and seeing exactly what color it's giving, but that's way too much work.

Well, I think the picture projects the way the scolys look in person. It's just one scoly that doesn't show its full potential in the picture. The one on the left with lots of green....it doesn't really show its purple...

Well, the mode I'm using isn't vivid or super vivid mode...it's a mode designed for taking aquarium pictures, called "Underwater".....so the colors are right but I just don't seee one of the scolys' true potential...the one at the far left with the most green, it's suppose to have more purple in the picture...but in the picture it doesn't show its purple...

Lightroom definitely has better RAW processing then Photoshop.

I don't use any of those. I might have to try it out once I get a better camera....I need those 1k camera with those expensive lenses...someday Lol.

I really like that new fixture! Its a very cool looking design! :)

Thank you!! It's an awesome quality fixture by BML. I recommend it to everyone. Great price, great quality, great spectrum, great customer service.

Ohh also made a deal with this ebay seller. I had him take the 2.5g jugs apart from the Instant Ocean packaging because I only want the 2.5g jugs, so I offered him $10 for each jug. He said no problem, so I have 2 2.5g jugs on the way here. This is great, now I can get rid of my 5g saltwater jugs (I hate it...those are too bulky and takes up too much space).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102023456@N08/10721321666/'>10721321666_6db1940d06.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/102023456@N08/10721321666/'>2.5gJug by http://www.flickr.com/people/102023456@N08/'>iscolymia, on Flickr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281171065603?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Looking good... bro those are RED not red-orange lol. When I say red I mean blood red like red red not a single shred of orange hue red haha I had to...

Looking good... bro those are RED not red-orange lol. When I say red I mean blood red like red red not a single shred of orange hue red haha I had to...

It's all good. I'm going to get a red/green scoly soon. This way we can see the comparison from this camera....

It will look sick once the sandbed fills up some more. The current ones look pretty slick... dude if you ever place an online order and want to split shipping hit me up haha

It will look sick once the sandbed fills up some more. The current ones look pretty slick... dude if you ever place an online order and want to split shipping hit me up haha

Yeah I know. But scolys are money and scolys are not around all the time....well for the ones I'm looking for. I don't really shop online for scolys much...Just check them out on various websites, otherwise just buy them at the lfs or saltwater events.

That one is oversaturated, and only bits of it are orange. FYI they'll call it anything and people will still buy it.

...it's just a warpaint...nothing so special about it and the price is right. So...I don't know what else you're trying to say. I don't think it's oversaturated much since it's probably under blues, anything under blues look colorful. I see orange, not red.

Warpaints are orange, purple with bits of blue and white. Same goes with two of my scolys, which are warpaints, ranging from $80-$150 depending on size, pattern and shape. The more round it is, the more worthy it is.

jedimasterben

...it's just a warpaint...nothing so special about it and the price is right. So...I don't know what else you're trying to say. I don't think it's oversaturated much since it's probably under blues, anything under blues look colorful.

Actually, the majority of corals do not as they do not contain GFP.

I see orange, not red.

I don't understand how.

Archived