Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

S C O •L Y

Illuiix

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JMO Helfrichis are fugly in person, bland gross purple with a dull yellow face, just bleh.

I like Exquisite firefish, they're like purples but bigger and better lol

damn firefish always end up jumping

Had mine for nearly 12 months now and never an attempt at jumping, even when it was getting harrased by my wrasse. Hoping to make it 2 years *touches wood*.

Had mine for nearly 12 months now and never an attempt at jumping, even when it was getting harrased by my wrasse. Hoping to make it 2 years *touches wood*.

Quit playing with your wood.

People tell me they had their fish so and so many years and it never jumped. Ofc it then jumps out a few months later :P

FISH JUMP. Idc if you don't have a top but lets not pretend they can't jump at any moment they feel like. Not many people would risk a $1000 fish in an open top because they can jump unless you have a handicapped fish? lol

I love rimless tanks though.

Quit playing with your wood.

People tell me they had their fish so and so many years and it never jumped. Ofc it then jumps out a few months later :P

FISH JUMP. Idc if you don't have a top but lets not pretend they can't jump at any moment they feel like. Not many people would risk a $1000 fish in an open top because they can jump unless you have a handicapped fish? lol

Oh I agree, they are prone to jumping and should always be kept with a lidded tank IMO. Just saying from personal expierience I have never experienced the issue. I have found as long as there is adequate hiding spots in the rock work my firefish will always tend to head for the rocks rather than the surface when threatened. And you right, I should stop playing with my wood while at work, that shizz could get me fired haha.

I made it to almost a year before mine jumped

but I probably have bad luck>_<

Since your so set on no rock, why don't you atleast throw a few pieces of PVC in there to give the fish a place to hide out...... even I'm not that big of a dick that I wouldn't give my fish a place to chill.

Since your so set on no rock, why don't you atleast throw a few pieces of PVC in there to give the fish a place to hide out...... even I'm not that big of a dick that I wouldn't give my fish a place to chill.

There is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102023456@N08/10350861506/'>10350861506_2af7c48f02.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102023456@N08/10350861506/'>Creeping by http://www.flickr.com/people/102023456@N08/'>iscolymia, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102023456@N08/10350846714/'>10350846714_f480fd1dda.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102023456@N08/10350846714/'>Lookout by http://www.flickr.com/people/102023456@N08/'>iscolymia, on Flickr

Definitely is! Not much to look at except a couple donuts and that cool fish.

Like I said in the past page. This is just the beginning. I started this build just a month ago. Lol

jedimasterben

10350850745_8465330e7b.jpg

Still no orange. You'll need to change the settings on your camera to catch them, I'm still only seeing red. Post the RAWs that you get from it and it'll tell a better picture, but I'm guessing they'll still be red.

Still no orange. You'll need to change the settings on your camera to catch them, I'm still only seeing red. Post the RAWs that you get from it and it'll tell a better picture, but I'm guessing they'll still be red.

Lol. I don't use editing...this is raw. I have no idea how to use editing program other than photobucket, cropping/resizing or narrowing down to a few colors. I'm using flickr now though so I just upload the pictures from my camera.

Well if it looks red then I can take that as a positive sign because red is more costly and rare than orange...lol.

Lol. I don't use editing...this is raw. I have no idea how to use editing program other than photobucket, cropping/resizing or narrowing down to a few colors. I'm using flickr now though so I just upload the pictures from my camera.

Well if it looks red then I can take that as a positive sign because red is more costly and rare than orange...lol.

Supermans and warpaints are more of a red color then a true orange..... not worth anything extra. Heck there are scolys that are almost completely red and they are worth less then the other types lol

Supermans and warpaints are more of a red color then a true orange..... not worth anything extra. Heck there are scolys that are almost completely red and they are worth less then the other types lol

No. Supermans are red/blue. Warpaints are orange/purple with slight hints of white/light blue. Masters are purple/green/redororange with hints of white/light blue.

I paid not little money for these 4 scolys. I paid $80, $130, $120 and $130 in that order for the 4 scolys in this post.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/333513-s-c-o-l-y/?p=4478176

But yes, definitely scolys that are mostly covered with one color is worth much much less, say $30-$60. But what I meant was red stripes is worth more than orange stripes. Red stripes over scolys with other color is more rare. I have seen too many masters with orange and not red...masters are valued more when it has red instead of orange. More rare.

Why do you obsess so much over how much a coral may or may not be worth?

Btw, I agree with Ben, there is no orange in your pics. Not on my desktop, laptop, or my phone.... all red. Congrats, they are more "costly".

Also, sometimes less is more. In this case you need more because less is less. You can call the tank "minimalist" all you want, but IMO, it just looks like a tank where the owner ran out of money. Even though the scolys are nice, they look like you just took pics off of liveaquaria. All you see in their pics is coral and sand, just like yours :).

That's why I don't like the looks. Without rock or something it looks like an LFS tank with a fish or two and some coral.

Every tank in my LFS has coral...... just sayin lol

masters are valued more when it has red instead of orange. More rare.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize you had masters.... wait you don't.... so your whole point doesn't really matter since you don't even have one, and we are all talking about the ones with red that you do have.

your making me want to drive to the lfs on my day off and buy my first scoly man lol

You could just get a bag of sand LOL

Archived