Cultivated Reef

S C O •L Y

Illuiix

Dude, it was great. I'm also going to MAX next year in April. I need me some more scolys in this tank. Going to try to score some good deals like I have at r-a-p.

Congrats dude, gonna get a Master one day?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats dude, gonna get a Master one day?

Yupp. Just gotta find one that's perfectly round, not too much orange on it...I kinda prefer red over orange. And having that green purple ring lol. With white specks, would be better.

And at a good price of course lol. One day I will get it.

Welp, I got good news. The rg is actually getting along with the purple firefish....lol weird....guess it was just a temporary disagreement.

I'm feeding the 3 fishes everyday now, seem pretty happy. I'm glad they're able to swim around the scolymias. Pretty sight to see in terms of a nano reef.

Glad to hear your fish are getting along now! That royal gramma is such a nice pop of color in that tank. I like how minimal it is with the pops from the scolys and the fish.

Glad to hear your fish are getting along now! That royal gramma is such a nice pop of color in that tank. I like how minimal it is with the pops from the scolys and the fish.

Thank you!! Yes, I agree. May be extreme to the point where I went rockless but I have seen from the past that scolys do not work well with rocks. I figure maybe it be best for me to go rockless for this small of a tank. Very spacious from this point on.

Thank you!! Yes, I agree. May be extreme to the point where I went rockless but I have seen from the past that scolys do not work well with rocks. I figure maybe it be best for me to go rockless for this small of a tank. Very spacious from this point on.

I thought it was odd when you first said rockless, but I actually really like it for the scolys. Very clean looking and modern. This way nothing distracts from the scolys against the white sand.

I thought it was odd when you first said rockless, but I actually really like it for the scolys. Very clean looking and modern. This way nothing distracts from the scolys against the white sand.

Yes!! That was my focus haha. Plus, I didn't have to go through the hassle of figuring the perfect rockscape for these scolys. I do sand scaping now. New thing actually ha.

Once I get this tank filled up, going to start another tank build. An ada60f with no filtration, most likely going to get a mp10 for it. And keep religious water changes once a week. Also scolymia strictly. But with a different sand bed, black :)

And hanged up from the ceiling lights (buildmyled as well)

Like this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102023456@N08/10374528756/'>10374528756_0befe5cc7e.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102023456@N08/10374528756/'>Example by http://www.flickr.com/people/102023456@N08/'>iscolymia, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102023456@N08/10374528986/'>10374528986_a77855b404.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102023456@N08/10374528986/'>Buildmyled by http://www.flickr.com/people/102023456@N08/'>iscolymia, on Flickr

Man, that second tank sounds nice. I bet scolys look amazing against black sand. You have a very expensive coral addiction :lol:

Yes....well I figure its the only hobby I have so making it expensive isn't so effective on me....imagined if I had another hobby or two besides this one....I'd be totally screwed.

And also, other people be spending much more than me by setting large reef tank system, etc. The overall costs of my setup wouldn't be as much as big reef tank systems. I would imagine, to buy a big reef tank, reef ready sump, couple wave makers, quality leds...that's couple thousand of $ alone without livestock lol.

Very good points! Your simple systems are probably very affordable. Plus, if I only had a couple corals in my tank, I could afford to spend a lot more money on individual corals. Instead, I've got like 100 different corals...or more... Your addiction is actually probably cheaper in the long run.

Very good points! Your simple systems are probably very affordable. Plus, if I only had a couple corals in my tank, I could afford to spend a lot more money on individual corals. Instead, I've got like 100 different corals...or more... Your addiction is actually probably cheaper in the long run.

Thanks! Yes, that's true ha. I'm sure my setup is very affordable to people out there. But other people have other hobbies prioritized before this one. It's difficult for them to have put in that much money into a small tank.

Just paid for a custom 17.5" black buildmyled fixture. Can't wait to get this light lit over these scolys. On the custom leds, I chose 1 deep red, 4 blues, 6 royal blues, 2 ultra violets, and 2 warm whites. Hopefully these will work well together.

Just paid for a custom 17.5" black buildmyled fixture. Can't wait to get this light lit over these scolys. On the custom leds, I chose 1 deep red, 4 blues, 6 royal blues, 2 ultra violets, and 2 warm whites. Hopefully these will work well together.

WOOOT!

It is the only nice one but holy saturation. Cherry corals must really think their shiitt is perfume.

Lol yeah to think that they're charging $800 for it,....totally not worth it considering the photogenic pictures.

This is why I plan on purchasing a master scolymia in person from the next saltwater event.

I can't wait to see how your scoly's look under the new light!

Yup yup, same here.. They said they will be done assembling the unit next Friday. Hopefully, they ship out the whole package the same day...I don't have patience. Lol.

Yup yup, same here.. They said they will be done assembling the unit next Friday. Hopefully, they ship out the whole package the same day...I don't have patience. Lol.

Yeah, once I decide to buy something, I want it right then! Waiting on shipping is the worst.

Yeah, once I decide to buy something, I want it right then! Waiting on shipping is the worst.

Yupp, can't wait to see this light in action. Bought a dimmer controller as well, in case the lights try to melt down my corals.

I just can't believe there has been a FTS! haha. You need some more of those!

Lol. This is just the beginning. More to come soon! Only going to get better, I hope!

Archived