Coral Vue Hydros

Dixie's mixed reef turned pony palace

dixie reefer

dixie reefer

So I've kinda trolled around on this forum a little bit and figured it was time to add my little drop of the ocean. I actually just made a 1,300 mile move with all of my marine babies and only lost a shrimp and a crab. I've just got a little 6 bulb led fixture on it at the moment and a single power head for water movement, and do 20% water changes every week. The only fish are a platinum clown and a zebra dart goby.

0806131031a_zps0de858f3.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dixie reefer

Thank you! And yes it is! I lost the one eye in the middle but it has now recovered but is just a purple spot. Picked it up for $5 at a frag swap when I lived in TN.

dixie reefer

I think the clown is retarded lol. It sleeps in the feather duster and i think is trying to pair up with my dart fish.

That is a green slimer acro.

Angel<3Nanos

Lol clowns host anything. My pair host the heater -__-.

When that acro grows and you frag it. Save me a piece :)

Looks really nice, this is definitely one of the better mixed reefs on nano reef, especially a 10 gallon! And yeah my clowns literally hosted everything but the anemone in my tank

dixie reefer
Lol clowns host anything. My pair host the heater -__-. When that acro grows and you frag it. Save me a piece :)

I will save you a piece if you come to el paso and get it lol. I've never shipped corals before and I'm kinda scared to.

Angel<3Nanos
I will save you a piece if you come to el paso and get it lol. I've never shipped corals before and I'm kinda scared to.

Lol I never shipped but whi ordered online before and it doesn't look that complicated :)

dixie reefer
Looks really nice, this is definitely one of the better mixed reefs on nano reef, especially a 10 gallon! And yeah my clowns literally hosted everything but the anemone in my tank

This particular tank has only been set up for like 2 months. Before the move it was set up since june of last year. I will find a picture of it an post it. But i had another pair of clowns that hosted my frog spawn. I'm sure if i had it in this tank this clown would host it, but its in my other 10 gal holding tank waiting to go in my 36gal.

dixie reefer

Thanks, me too. It is sitting on my island in my kitchen so i wanted to be able to see all the way around the tank.

dixie reefer

Soooo, my clown is confused. Here is a video of what I think, is it trying to pair up with my dart goby. Please disregard the stinkin diatoms on the sand.

:welcome: to NR

Also wanted to stop in and say hello to a neighboring reefer. I'm from Ruidoso,NM I drive to ElP for my LFS,lol

Your tanks looking good. Especially liked the video of your clown trying to host your dart fish :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
:welcome: to NR

Also wanted to stop in and say hello to a neighboring reefer. I'm from Ruidoso,NM I drive to ElP for my LFS,lol

Your tanks looking good. Especially liked the video of your clown trying to host your dart fish :lol:

Which store do you go to?!

Archived