inTank Media Baskets

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

Moar, moar moar!! Muahaha. :)

What rescape?? Noooooooo!!! Lol.

Well I have been thinking about it, and although it looks nice, I think it isn't going to work out so well for my SPS placement. I want to keep the structure, but i'm thinking about taking a hacksaw to shorten it a bit and add either a separate island, or just extend it out to allow for more flow and area for corals.

Either way it will look sweet. I just need to buy a saw damnitt.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

I see. Yeah, I know what you mean. You want to allow more upper space for the sps to grow out, but since your scape is pretty tall, it's incapable of doing so.

Can't wait to see what you do then. Lol. Your original scape is one of a kind but I'm sure you can come up with something just as nice or better.

I see. Yeah, I know what you mean. You want to allow more upper space for the sps to grow out, but since your scape is pretty tall, it's incapable of doing so.

Can't wait to see what you do then. Lol. Your original scape is one of a kind but I'm sure you can come up with something just as nice or better.

Exactly.

Thanks for having faith in me. If I was doing all zoas or something, my current scape would kick ass. I really wanted to incorporate some sort of 'island bommie' thing in there originally, but got overtaken by the scape I did. Hopefully this time I can do so.

I want a safe place for a special torch I have in mind in the future.

Deleted User 4

Exactly.

Thanks for having faith in me. If I was doing all zoas or something, my current scape would kick ass. I really wanted to incorporate some sort of 'island bommie' thing in there originally, but got overtaken by the scape I did. Hopefully this time I can do so.

I want a safe place for a special torch I have in mind in the future.

I agree. Your scape would kick ass if you weren't going sps. Lol. No worries. This ought to be more interesting aha.

I can't wait to see what the next scape looks like. This is art.

Wheee! Okay, so corals are acclimated, dipped and in the tank. I took Matt's advice and dipped the other corals as well. While basting one of my 'saved' frags the tissue just melted off. Well, that one's gone. Luckily I have two frags left of that one :lol: The others look okay.

I'll post some pics once the water clears a bit.

I see some decent PE from the Stylo, Cali Tort, Purple Plasma and tons from the Fire & Ice Prostrata! At least overall, they don't look too pissed.

Wheee! Okay, so corals are acclimated, dipped and in the tank. I took Matt's advice and dipped the other corals as well. While basting one of my 'saved' frags the tissue just melted off. Well, that one's gone. Luckily I have two frags left of that one :lol: The others look okay.

I'll post some pics once the water clears a bit.

I see some decent PE from the Stylo, Cali Tort, Purple Plasma and tons from the Fire & Ice Prostrata! At least overall, they don't look too pissed.

Those pics you posted earlier were awesome. I hope your shipment all survives and stays colored up!

Those pics you posted earlier were awesome. I hope your shipment all survives and stays colored up!

Well from shipping, they aren't quite that vivid :P Overall they look very healthy though! I'm hoping the same. I won't be too heartbroken if they dull down a bit, as long as they stay healthy!

Okay here's some pics:

2zfvqsn.jpg

Tyree Rainbow Stylophora

w0j2xj.jpg

Cali Tort

ht8aav.jpg

Unknown Acro Frag

nh10kj.jpg

Wicked Frags Cobalt Tort

8ytmb6.jpg

Fire & Ice Prostrata

2moxesl.jpg

Wicked Frags Bonsai (Bad shot, but those colors OMG)

4l4nyg.jpg

Purple Plasma Acro (Can't quite get tue colors on this, the polyps are a little more vivid yellow)

vdihhf.jpg

Saved Unknown Acro Frag (Blue Tipped)

2hfnfba.jpg

Saved Unknown Acro Frag (Green)

Deleted User 4

Wow, the pictures are taking forever to load on this page, whilst I'm typing this.

Edit: Wow, they look like they're waving in action.

The 1st and 2nd one are my fav. :)

Wow, the pictures are taking forever to load on this page, whilst I'm typing this.

Edit: Wow, they look like they're waving in action.

The 1st and 2nd one are my fav. :)

Loads fine here. Must be your slow connection. :naughtydance:

Thanks guys :) The Stylo is my fav right now too!

Soooo I couldn't help myself... Got some more dip (I only had a few one shots) Some Epoxy for the new scape, Reef-Roids cuz I always wanted to try them, and of course a skimmer and media reactor :lol:

1zojejs.png

For your scape are you going to keep it basically the same but shorter?

I hope shorter for the sps to grow out more. :naughtydance:

It's definitely going to be shorter. I may do a two island kind of thing, but haven't decided 100% yet. I have been looking at different 'AQUASCAPING' Threads on various forums as of late - and see so many different ideas that I like. If you guys have some inspirational pics, feel free to post. :)

Deleted User 4

It's definitely going to be shorter. I may do a two island kind of thing, but haven't decided 100% yet. I have been looking at different 'AQUASCAPING' Threads on various forums as of late - and see so many different ideas that I like. If you guys have some inspirational pics, feel free to post. :)

I'll look for some right now.

Deleted User 4

Ok, I think this one is a killer.

http://s236.photobucket.com/user/b3ndaball3r/media/Aquascape-Angle_zps86d64004.jpg.html'>Aquascape-Angle_zps86d64004.jpg

1. It allows your sps collection to grow into a whole colony of all sorts of sps...it'll be insane how they grow upwards and frontward covering the islands.

2. Minimalist. :)

3. 2 islands like you wanted

But again, I hope you do come up with something more bizarre than these scapes. I want to see one of a kind not similar of a kind.

Deleted User 4

Aquascaping after the tank is established sucks lol, good luck.

Yeah I agree with Tris. You better use live rock or coralined rocks.....or else...it's a recycle which ain't good for the sps you currently have.

Yeah I agree with Tris. You better use live rock or coralined rocks.....or else...it's a recycle which ain't good for the sps you currently have.

I think he's going to use the rock he currently has. I think he mentioned that he was going to cut it and break it apart a little bit to get the shapes he wanted.

Deleted User 4

I think he's going to use the rock he currently has. I think he mentioned that he was going to cut it and break it apart a little bit to get the shapes he wanted.

Oh yeah lol. That won't be flexible on the scape he wants though...

Ok, I think this one is a killer.

Aquascape-Angle_zps86d64004.jpg

1. It allows your sps collection to grow into a whole colony of all sorts of sps...it'll be insane how they grow upwards and frontward covering the islands.

2. Minimalist. :)

3. 2 islands like you wanted

But again, I hope you do come up with something more bizarre than these scapes. I want to see one of a kind not similar of a kind.

That's the ugliest scape I ever saw I don't mind saying...

You got it. I plan on using nearly all the rock I have already. I will be adding some more to it, but it will be dry rock I'll most likely leave all the rock in there in pieces so there is no spike in parameters while the new rock is seeded.

Don't worry Illu. Still minimalist, but just different.

Archived