Top Shelf Aquatics

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

No one cringes at your tanks Christine :wub:

Jordon, I don't think Chris is doing custom work but it's worth shooting him a PM. I think if you can get ADA/Do!Aqua localy, that is probably the quickest/cheapest but still bangin' good looking options. I think that's what I'll do with mine after the inspiration from this...

More then likely I will just drill a hole in the cap of my 5g water jugs and stuff an airline tube in it though. <_<

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordon, I don't think Chris is doing custom work but it's worth shooting him a PM. I think if you can get ADA/Do!Aqua localy, that is probably the quickest/cheapest but still bangin' good looking options. I think that's what I'll do with mine after the inspiration from this...

More then likely I will just drill a hole in the cap of my 5g water jugs and stuff an airline tube in it though. <_<

It works just as well really, just lacks the sexy part :)

This hobby will suck you in deep faster than you can imagine Jordon, just use me as an example, nothing wrong with equipment if it serves you a vital function. Some people look at my 20 gallon system and cringe but everything I have serves a vital function for me so I can have more time to focus on other reef related things, like testing and general monitoring, not to mention enjoying my tank and building more tanks, haha. Just be careful not to rely on automation 100%, all automation needs close monitoring regularly.

Am I to understand you will have two MP10's in your 10 gallon?

Where did you order your stuff from?

Christine

Don't you know it! I never impulse buy on expensive items. I did think all the items through, and like you mentioned, they all serve a purpose. I also rather 'future proof' any way I can for a larger build in the future. Starting from scratch with this build wasn't cheap, as I had absolutely nothing aquarium related lying around. If i upgrade in the future, I can happily use all my parts :D

Yup 2 mp10's in the 10g :) I rather have a silent reef with great flow, than a noisy one with good flow. The wireless modes offer some neat random flow as well, which I have been itching to try.

I ordered the Battery backup from Royal Aquarium and the MP10 and RF Module from GoReef. I also ordered the ELOS Osmocontroller from J&L - I saved about $20 from J&L because a wire was out of the clamp, so I just has to out it back :lol:

Well hopefully he can help me out. I'll ask him :)

Yup 2 mp10's in the 10g :) I rather have a silent reef with great flow, than a noisy one with good flow. The wireless modes offer some neat random flow as well, which I have been itching to try.

Your ready for the upgrade, I have one MP10 running about 80% and a Tunze 6015 nanostream in my 20 gallon. Two MP10's at full power could manage a 40 gallon quite nicely, hint-hint :)

Any updates on the SPS frags ?

Christine

Your ready for the upgrade, I have one MP10 running about 80% and a Tunze 6015 nanostream in my 20 gallon. Two MP10's at full power could manage a 40 gallon quite nicely, hint-hint :)

Any updates on the SPS frags ?

I am so ready for an upgrade! Due to uncertainty of my living situation (I rent and every year my landlord claims he's looking to sell the place..) I want to wait it out a bit. Besides Nitoralis hasn't even seen much life yet! Upgrades will happen tank wise in the future :D I'm thinking 40-50 gallon...

Thanks for asking about the frags. Unfortunately not much change at all, except a few have totally bleached out. To tell you the truth, at this point, I have lost hope. I'm still keeping them in there for now just incase a spark of life comes back, but I am fairly certain they are all goners :(

Looking ahead though, I have a Pink Coco-Worm on order and two unusual shrimp species. B) When my LFS gets those special order items in, I'll also take a look at their corals, and maybe pick one up if they have anything eye catching.

jedimasterben

If it makes you feel any better, I've killed way more coral than could physically fit in your tank. :)

If it makes you feel any better, I've killed way more coral than could physically fit in your tank. :)

Awww :( All part of the 'experience' I suppose :lol:

Who buys an ADA and uses it as an ATO reservoir?

That's too sad :(

That's what I was thinking. You don't need a constant reminder during such a happy time of year :)

Did a 25% water change this morning. Nitrates were getting a bit high (a little over 5) but water is now crystal clear and everyone is happy. I discovered where my other hermit went - behind my power bar on the floor :o I threw just the shell back in the tank in case the other two want a new home.

I also removed the dead frags from the tank today. I know I said I would wait a few more weeks, but it was definitely algae that caused them to turn green. There really wasn't any more hope to be had.

On a more cheerful note, my cleaner shrimp Jacques has been exploring more of the tank since the water change, and more open space. Lenny the TSB is still being moody and lazy. :lol:

Did a 25% water change this morning. Nitrates were getting a bit high (a little over 5) but water is now crystal clear and everyone is happy. I discovered where my other hermit went - behind my power bar on the floor :o I threw just the shell back in the tank in case the other two want a new home.

I also removed the dead frags from the tank today. I know I said I would wait a few more weeks, but it was definitely algae that caused them to turn green. There really wasn't any more hope to be had.

On a more cheerful note, my cleaner shrimp Jacques has been exploring more of the tank since the water change, and more open space. Lenny the TSB is still being moody and lazy. :lol:

Sorry to hear about the hermit Jordon.

Too bad about the frags, whatever happened it was drastic, not one frag made it through shipping, sad, sad, sad. Well now that's behind you, and you can add a coral and see how things go from here. What did Canada Corals actually do for you regarding this, it would be good to know in case others decide to order corals from them.

Christine :)

Sorry to hear about the hermit Jordon.

Too bad about the frags, whatever happened it was drastic, not one frag made it through shipping, sad, sad, sad. Well now that's behind you, and you can add a coral and see how things go from here. What did Canada Corals actually do for you regarding this, it would be good to know in case others decide to order corals from them.

Christine :)

Well the hermit was only $1.50 so not a loss financially :lol: Still sad though. They are a bit mindless and although little characters, not sure if I'll be replacing any/getting any more. The two I have left do a good job of scavenging though.

I'm looking ahead now, and I am getting excited again for corals :) Canada Corals refunded me 100% and apologized as well. I don't really blame them, as they packed things well and after it leaves them it's at the mercy of the shippers and weather... They couldn't really pin point what the issue was, but leaned more towards temperature fluctuations/general stress.

Isabelle@Canada Corals helped me through everything and refunded me right away. I would definitely order from them again - weather permitting. They are in Ontario, and since that being basically the other side of Canada, it's a little more risky than getting something shipped from lets say Vancouver, or Calgary.

Great customer service there, as you know I think it was temperature as well, when the corals get too cold they bail. So what are your coral stocking plans in the future? Does Red Coral out your way have anything you could try out before you place another order with Canada Corals?

Christine

I am going to get something local for my next coral purchase, but as of late haven't seen anything that I want. i haven't been to Red Coral yet, as it's on the North East side of the city (I am more South West) and takes about 45 minutes to get there. Their shipments always look amazing though.

I'll have to make a trip soon!

Archived