SaltCritters.com

Roger's 50G Frag Tank

TheKleinReef

TheKleinReef

They have done that to me as well.

I resubmitted the order, but haven't received a call. Hopefully it gets processed. The sooner it gets shipped the sooner I can set it up :D

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKleinReef

Well my doser gets here tomorrow, and i've been trying to make room for it, and keep everything organized, but i'm at a loss. i need some adivce. if you guys had a setup like this:

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/A9D88E85-DDCE-47DF-B824-3CC9DED99787-16103-0000045741939E27.jpg.html'>A9D88E85-DDCE-47DF-B824-3CC9DED99787-161

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/DF6F6759-BBA8-459F-A432-4FAF3D44907D-16103-000004574E076925.jpg.html'>DF6F6759-BBA8-459F-A432-4FAF3D44907D-161

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/15F1A247-175E-4369-B774-6E18A2EA6F0E-16103-000004575E193646.jpg.html'>15F1A247-175E-4369-B774-6E18A2EA6F0E-161

where would you set up the doser. i'd rather not have it on top of the dark stand because the tubing would come right out of the front and block the first shelf...

any input would be awesome.

side note: i found out how much my system uses in 24 hours over the course of 4 days:

Ca: 100pm (1.25 tsp)

Alk: 1 dKH: (1 tsp.)

The most logical place that I can see to mount the doser would be the middle shelf with the dosing reservoirs on the bottom shelf. You would have to move your power board though.

Doser gets here today. Where should I put it! I need some help people! :)
Back in the box and return to sender???? $600+ for a doser is just goofy. Especially when you have to seal the vastly overpriced containers yourself.

My BM doser has been going strong for almost 4 years....at half the price of that vertex.

TheKleinReef

Back in the box and return to sender???? $600+ for a doser is just goofy. Especially when you have to seal the vastly overpriced containers yourself.

My BM doser has been going strong for almost 4 years....at half the price of that vertex.

That doesn't seem very logical... I spent years deciding which one I wanted and why. It's the same thing as buying a junk skimmer or light the first time then upgrading. I'll never need to upgrade this. Unless technology gets redicuolous.

Edit: I'm getting a 3 pump GHL ($409) not the Vertex Libra ($749)

TheKleinReef

The most logical place that I can see to mount the doser would be the middle shelf with the dosing reservoirs on the bottom shelf. You would have to move your power board though.

I like your thinking. I was afraid of that answer to cause I spent a while mounting the wires to the back of the stand to compliment this setup.

I like your thinking. I was afraid of that answer to cause I spent a while mounting the wires to the back of the stand to compliment this setup.

Id do the same, resovoirs as low as possible. Id probably mount the doser to the cross section of the display stand and resovoirs on the bottom shelf to the left

TheKleinReef

Id do the same, resovoirs as low as possible. Id probably mount the doser to the cross section of the display stand and resovoirs on the bottom shelf to the left

if i think i get what you mean, i'd like to keep it away from the sump area to avoid moisture disasters.

if i think i get what you mean, i'd like to keep it away from the sump area to avoid moisture disasters.

True...but it is an open stand..lol

TheKleinReef

1003434_535491799850484_1407807138_n.jpg

Found a spot for the doser. now i just gotta mix up the solutions!

i made 1000ml of alk and 500ml of Ca. Now i just gotta program this beast. hopefully i can get this automated by the morning!

jedimasterben

Hell, if I were mixing stuff, I'd make a lot more than a liter. I made a gallon of alk when I mixed it, and even then I wanted to do more lol.

TheKleinReef

Hell, if I were mixing stuff, I'd make a lot more than a liter. I made a gallon of alk when I mixed it, and even then I wanted to do more lol.

i don't have enough powder :P

TheKleinReef

1006134_535895233143474_1944139206_n.jpg

B) worth it.

Current Regimen:

Pump 1 (Alkalinity): 70mL/day (7 dosings at 10mL)

Pump 2 (Calcium): 15ml/day (5 dosings at 3 mL)

Pump 3: Empty for now (will be magnesium)

TheKleinReef

well here's an update on the doser...

just calcium is running. that doses 3ml 5x a day. dor a compensation of around 15ppm.

the alk on the other hand is causing me some problems. it won't fully dissolve, and seachem won't give me the information i needed...

This is what i wrote:

How much Reef builder will dissolve in 1L of water?

How much Advantage Cakcium will dissolve in 1L of water?

Two simple questions, hopefully i can get an answer....

TheKleinReef

Parameter Results:

Calcium: 425

Alkalinity: 10.0

Magnesium: 1170 (low)

Dosing Regimen via GHL:

1. Alk: 14mL/day 7x @ 2mL

2. Calcium: 15mL/day 5x @ 3mL

Changes:

Calcium Doser increase to 18mL/day 6x @ 3mL

Plans:

Buy the big bottles of seachem to make solutions.

Message from Seachem:

We recommend that you use 250mL of RO/DI water as a mix for every 5g of dry product on the Reef Advantage Calcium, so for 1L of RO/DI water you could use up to 20g of Reef Advantage Calcium. For the Reef Builder we would recommend that you use 250mL of RO/DI water as a mix for every 3g of product so for 1L of RO/DI water, you could use up to12g of the Reef Builder.

Seems like Seachem! lol, ive had very similar responses to questions ive asked of them. I like that the person on the other end actually knows what they are saying and can explain why. Seachems a good company.

Archived